Summer transfer window 2024 (25 Viewers)

long way home

Few weeks ago i thought we were in for a relatively quiet summer. But after listening to Robins after Ipswich i think the doors will be swinging a lot in both directions.

Id like to see a mix of good young players full of desire and ambition. With a couple of older more experienced heads to guide the squad. Like some of the names mentioned and think few could be targeted, but im assuming we will not get a sniff of who they are until they are at Ryton.

The coach we need is going to be a very important signing.

AOM

Knowing last summers transfer dealings, any new arrivals will probably come out of nowhere and nobody will have predicted them until they've been seen them walking around the CBS

Potbellypig

When you look back at the transfers the club brought in last season, we signed abroad players from teams in Turkey, Italy, Holland, Norway and Belgium. Obviously most of us mere mortals only know about all these players in the leagues around us, but I'm hoping we go searching in these European countries for gems/flops again. Gets the juices flowing seeing the likes of Milan, Tats and Torp flying

Marty

I think we could do with a couple of leaders on the pitch. When things start to go bad, we tend to sink, could do with an older player or two who can calm things, imo we don't have that in the starting eleven currently.

Need to find a MVE to play on the left side, and I think we may spend big on a marquee signing for AM (assuming we have money from sales/Gyokeres), need a new keeper, and we should look to improve on Kitching as well. Probably need 4 first teamers and then another 6 to fill out the squad and improve on the likes of Allen and Godden.

Happy with any of the players going as long as we have a decent chunk to spend in return.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Why? Because he buys free drinks? We need clean sheets and he has visited the back of the net far too many times this season. Not an upgrade IMO
Good if we could transfer in the Cutlers Arms pub to Coventry It's a great place, quality beer at 3.30 GBP and a music venue too. Only 5 minutes from ground.

Mucca Mad Boys

Palmer is an interesting one, could see him shipped out this summer

Only 1 year left on his current deal and he thinks he can earn more...
If his stock is high and someone willing to pay a fee, it's a deal that makes 100% for all parties. He's not someone I believe will take us to the next level and therefore, I wouldn't renew his (expensive) contract.

Winny the Bish

Lad on twitter (not a cov fan) has done a suggested signings thread on us:

His top suggestions for our summer:

CM - Mathias Delorge, St.Truiden. 36 games, 1 goal, 4 assists. 7.34 average rating. Only 19 years old, seems a real bright talent.

RW: Sorba Thomas, Huddersfield. 41 games, 4 goals, 9 assists. 7.19 average rating.

AM: Jarne Steuckers, St.Truiden. 35 games, 6 goals, 7 assists. 7.40 average rating.

ST: Gue-Sung Cho, Midtjylland. 26 games, 11 goals, 2 assists. 7.29 average rating. I had hoped we would be in for him last summer.

Just saw he did defenders too. Michal Helik, Lasse Sorenson and Harrison Burrows as top options. How boring.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

His top suggestions for our summer:

CM - Mathias Delorge, St.Truiden. 36 games, 1 goal, 4 assists. 7.34 average rating.

RW: Sorba Thomas, Huddersfield. 41 games, 4 goals, 9 assists. 7.19 average rating.

AM: Jarne Steuckers, St.Truiden. 35 games, 6 goals, 7 assists. 7.40 average rating.

ST: Gue-Sung Cho, Midtjylland. 26 games, 11 goals, 2 assists. 7.29 average rating.

Just saw he did defenders too. Michal Helik, Lasse Sorenson and Harrison Burrows as top options. How boring.
We need to make this HCfootball guy an honorary Cov fan - he loves tweeting about us.

Blind-Faith

Watching Barnsley v Bolton , Luca Connell for Barnsley looks a player in the centre of the park, dare I say, an ideal Sheaf replacement

SleepyGinger

Paris Maghoma had a good season for Bolton on loan from Brentford. Looked really good against Barnsley yesterday, 23 in a few days might be available for a modest fee.

Blind-Faith

Norton Cuffy anyone? Good competition for MVE and Tats. The type of quality we need for squad depth
Not usually a fan of ex players coming back, but in this case, if we bought him back, with McCallum and McNally I’d be happy with this business

TomRad85

Not usually a fan of ex players coming back, but in this case, if we bought him back, with McCallum and McNally I’d be happy with this business
Agreed, I think McCallum would be very good business on a free. Still young too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

No just the playing for Barnsley thing... I think

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Phew. I thought you were going to say he’s been caught kicking small animals or something.

I’ll allow former Barnsley Boys, as long as he pledges allegiance to Mark Robins and CCFC and renounces all former loyalties.

Users who are viewing this thread