Summer to fix things (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

As far as I see it, after two traumatic seasons and more of a decade of chronic underachievement the various parties - SISU,ACL, Council, administrators etc owe it to the fans to clarify things this Summer and ensure that the club which starts next season is competitive for League One and on at least a semi-stable footing. I don't think many fans could tolerate another season like the last two and it is imperative that things are fixed over the Summer. We have four months to sort this out. If anyone who has any influence reads this, I implore you to get things sorted over this period. I don't think this is an unreasonable request. Any more of this drifting death by a thousand cuts is not acceptable. Surely even at CCFC a takeover could be arranged over this period? If we start next season with SISU still at the helm I think home crowds could plummet to around 5,000. Enough is now enough. Get it sorted asap.

Tonylinc

Sorry mate but these things seem to take an absolute age to sort out. We will therefore start next season in the same sorry state that we will finish this one.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Sorry mate but these things seem to take an absolute age to sort out. We will therefore start next season in the same sorry state that we will finish this one.

Yes, at CCFC they do appear to take an eternity. At other clubs, takeovers appear to happen in weeks. Surely even SISU realise that their tenure is at an end and there is no appetite for them to continue. We've got 4 months. If nothing can be thrashed out in this time it will frankly be a total disgrace.

LewSkyBlue

If the radio was right last week, doesnt the administrator have until mid-end of May to produce a report in "simple terms" so everyone can understand the situation. If this is the case, i think that until this is out we will not have a clue whats going on. I really cant see it all being sorted out for next season... if anything we will probably get another points deduction

Jimmy Hill's Chin

If the radio was right last week, doesnt the administrator have until mid-end of May to produce a report in "simple terms" so everyone can understand the situation. If this is the case, i think that until this is out we will not have a clue whats going on. I really cant see it all being sorted out for next season... if anything we will probably get another points deduction

They need to start showing some urgency. I appreciate that these things take a while but this has been a long time coming (people have been talking about admin for years) and it is incredible that there appears to have been no planning for this scenario. The stakes are too high and if we start next season with a 20 point deduction or with SISU still at the helm I think we'll follow Luton and Portsmouth into a wretched freefall. Certain people need to stop playing hardball and see the bigger picture.

CJparker

Surely we say this every year "this summer we'll really need to get things right..."

Paxman II

Unfortunately there is little to change other than the decision on who has the right to the golden share and player registrations, who they lie with and currently it is not yet clear or public knowledge.

CCFC Ltd was an entity offered as a sacrificial lamb by SISU who maintain control under CCFC Holdings Ltd. All will depend on them.

I think a lot of people are jumping all over the place again with their own ill informed ideas without actually paying attention to the facts.

hill83

Yes, at CCFC they do appear to take an eternity. At other clubs, takeovers appear to happen in weeks. Surely even SISU realise that their tenure is at an end and there is no appetite for them to continue. We've got 4 months. If nothing can be thrashed out in this time it will frankly be a total disgrace.

Portsmouth haven't been able to sort things out for a hell of a lot longer than 4 months.

And, just a thought, but we know every little rumour and detail about our club, but I'd wager not so much about other clubs. So when we do finally hear about a possible takeover at, say, Leeds. It is already way way into negotiations so 'appears' to happen quickly to the outsider.

Obviously in an ideal world it gets sorted quickly, but suggesting it won't 'Because it's Coventry' is off the mark.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

They need to start showing some urgency. I appreciate that these things take a while but this has been a long time coming (people have been talking about admin for years) and it is incredible that there appears to have been no planning for this scenario. The stakes are too high and if we start next season with a 20 point deduction or with SISU still at the helm I think we'll follow Luton and Portsmouth into a wretched freefall. Certain people need to stop playing hardball and see the bigger picture.

So, all of the named parties need to sort this out by August. They got in this mess years ago and still slumber. At least one of these parties is notoriously scrupulous in dotting i's and crossing t's. hazard a guess?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread