Bayliss

And out of

Reid
Finn

And

O'Brien
Kelly

CCFCSteve

If we can keep the squad in tact (a big IF) with the lads coming back from long term injuries, a couple of additional signings (and better loans than Barrett and Maguire-Drew !) I think we can compete in L1. We’ve got a decent core at the club, just got to keep things rolling !!

Sick Boy

We need to get rid of a few.

At least three out of.....

Thompson
Maguire-Drew
Ponticelli
Shipley
Willis

And one out of ...

Davies
Bayliss

And out of

Reid
Finn

And

O'Brien
Kelly

Which 3 would you get rid of out of the top 5 then?

Telfer85

If he hasn’t signed his new contract as he was offered one Dan Jones the left back from notts county looked pretty decent against us. Feel like Haynes time is prob up so he would compete with stokes.

Sky Blue Pete

Experienced keeper although Burge really stepped up
Left back definitely
Hate to say it but probably a striker alongside McNulty

Where would people have played Andreu and Jones today?

Mr Panda

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a few popping up over the next few days now that promotion is secured. The transfer window is open now, right?

itsabuzzard

Tried to sneak that apostrophe in at the end, but I'm watching.
Just far too many Jordan's for anyone's liking.

Need to get shot of a few. Must be a nightmare in training.

'Jordan! Jordan, on the back post! No, not you, Jordan I mean the other Jordan.' 4 other players all stop too and the chance vanishes.

Sack off some Jordan's.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

It'll be really interesting to see what kind of players we go for, and which players MR trusts to do the job in L1. I trust Robins to do well, the first priority is to stay up, hopefully, a top half finish though.

Hobo

Back up to Burge (who is maturing).
Full back positions need back up and strengthening.
Back up (one) for McNulty, Biamou and Ponticelli.
A proper winger (ideally one who can play both wings) for variation ( surely fans now know we can play without one).
Assuming we keep the main 18, any going out needs like for like in.

shmmeee

In: GK, LB, DM, AM/W, ST
Out: LOB, all the DKEs, Reid, JCH, Haynes

GK/Burge
Grimmer/?? Willis/McDonald Davies/Hyam LB/Stokes
DM/Doyle Kelly/??
Andreu/Bayliss Jones/Shipley
McNulty/Ponticelli ST/Biamou

?? Either loans or academy grads. If we get a decent transfer kitty spend it on a partner for McNulty, then an understudy for Doyle.

fatso

Out, lob, Burge, stokes, Haynes, Reid,Vincenti, all the Dke’s, Jch, Biamou, Beavon, + loans, Barrett and MaGuire-Drew.

Mucca Mad Boys

There's a good chance that if we keep this team together, and add the right pieces, we could make a challenge for L1 playoffs too. That is a lot of 'ifs' though.

Our main priority is wide players, probably two wingers because its doubtful Reid will be offered a new deal. Also, we could do with having a 'Plan B' if JJ gets injured again. Elsewhere, the defence will need improving its depth, with cover needed for Grimmer, and a LB in a similar mould to Grimmer (who can defend better too). Maybe another central midfielder and a striker if we are going to 'go for it'.

Otis

Yah, not sure if Grimmer will be good enough for League One unfortunately.

He he is not very good with players running at him and more often than not allows wingers to go past him and get balls into the box.

I like Stokes a lot, but he's not the quickest.

Think it may be time to move McDonald on, both of the DKE's, Vincenti, Beavon, Reid and Haynes

skyblue1991

Get our recruitment right this summer, keep hold of Bayliss and McNulty (former I've heard is off though...) then I think we can push for the top 6 next season.

The gulf between League 2 and League 1 isnt too big.

A top half finish however would be a good season.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

AlansEyes

Burge has had a very strong end to the season - so will he be number 1 for next season? I feel like he seems to end seasons well but then by October everyone is moaning and calling for a more experienced first choice.

higgs

Get our recruitment right this summer, keep hold of Bayliss and McNulty (former I've heard is off though...) then I think we can push for the top 6 next season.

The gulf between League 2 and League 1 isnt too big.

A top half finish however would be a good season.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Who is off did you hear?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Corrado

It'll be really interesting to see what kind of players we go for, and which players MR trusts to do the job in L1. I trust Robins to do well, the first priority is to stay up, hopefully, a top half finish though.
Top 6 is definitely in reach with the likes of JJ back in this squad- can’t see a massive difference between the standard of L1 and L2. I actually fancy us of back to back promotion.

Otis

Top 6 is definitely in reach with the likes of JJ back in this squad- can’t see a massive difference between the standard of L1 and L2. I actually fancy us of back to back promotion.
You would have to think Sunderland would be strong and maybe Barnsley too. After that, possibly Bradford, Portsmouth, Charlton. Be interesting to see how the other promoted clubs do too.

Mucca Mad Boys

I hope the players believe it, because of they genuinely believe it, that's one step towards the goal. McNulty seems to think we're in with a chance, and in terms of talent, we'd definitely have a solid L2 team with injuries to come back. Also, if there's a vision put forward to the fans and players (mainly players) that the Championship is what we're going for, then we'll likely keep all our best players. Recruitment has to be right though, and we'll have to clear out 'dead wood' this season, fringe players such as Beavon, DKE, and so on. I'm optimistic, and hopefully, more people around the club are too and attendances increase too. We've craved a feel-good factor too much as a club.

Reactions: vow

Mucca Mad Boys

You would have to think Sunderland would be strong and maybe Barnsley too. After that, possibly Bradford, Portsmouth, Charlton. Be interesting to see how the other promoted clubs do too.

Luton and us will do well, but I think Accrington will have overstretched themselves with promotion and will go down in 1-2 seasons, Wycombe will possibly be in and around relegation too.

standupforcity

Yah, not sure if Grimmer will be good enough for League One unfortunately.

He he is not very good with players running at him and more often than not allows wingers to go past him and get balls into the box.

I like Stokes a lot, but he's not the quickest.

Think it may be time to move McDonald on, both of the DKE's, Vincenti, Beavon, Reid and Haynes

I like Grimmer...when he scores it's always spectacular.
Stokes I like...yes he's slow but his positional sense is good so this makes up for his lack of pace at times.
Of the others I'd keep Reid...he's the only natural winger we have, and he has pace and knows how to put in a great cross. For me he's worth sticking with...wouldn't want him playing against us!
Haynes definitely has to go...I was relieved he wasn't on the bench yesterday!

Otis

Yeah, Grimmer and Stokes are fine for League Two, but the top end of League One? Not so sure.

We need to be looking for players that would be pushing for the Championship I would have thought.

I like both players, but there can be no sentiment and if we want to push for the Championship we should consider an upgrade in quality. :)

Users who are viewing this thread