Summer recruitment (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

The elephant in the room is how successful the club will be in getting rid of the deadwood as they're currently taking up a significant amount of our budget.

Walker, Jones, Shipley, Dacosta, Drysdale, Pask, Kelly and Hilssner are all likely to be shipped out. There's also serious question marks surrounding Waghorn.

There'll be a few in the U23s that'll be farmed out as well however I can imagine that budget will be allocated to bringing in further U23 replacements.

Shipping the aforementioned players out would probably be the equivalent of the club being able to bring in 3-4 Championship quality players.

Obviously far easier said than done though.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Though a massive chance of it happening compared to bringing in Billy Gilmour which has also been suggested

We've got zero chance with either.

Swift will certainly end up either at a promotion favourite from the Championship, or could even potentially be snapped up by a PL club, perhaps one of those that are promoted to the PL this season.

Although he hasn't had the best of seasons I suspect Gilmour will get another stab at the PL on loan. If not though a Championship promotion favourite would undoubtedly pay a significant loan fee for his services.

slowpoke

Although he hasn't had the best of seasons I suspect Gilmour will get another stab at the PL on loan. If not though a Championship promotion favourite would undoubtedly pay a significant loan fee for his services.
Who would any loan fee be paid to ?

slowpoke

At the moment Abramovic hasn’t been sanctioned that is rumoured to change he owns Sibneft oil should he get named he can’t deal or sell any of his businesses or properties.

CCFCSteve

Sell Hamer and replace him with 2 quality players, one of them being that bloke from Blackpool.

If youre talking about Josh Bowler, think he might be off to the prem. I had him earmarked if ohare got sold but reckon he’s way out of our budget ! Can’t believe he was a free in the summer.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If youre talking about Josh Bowler, think he might be off to the prem. I had him earmarked if ohare got sold but reckon he’s way out of our budget ! Can’t believe he was a free in the summer.

I don't think he'll go PL yet but he'll certainly go to a promotion chasing side. Great talent at this level.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Harmer is assumed to 1 saleable player.I think he might be running his contract down .That means the saleable assets are C O Hare and Vic lose Harmer and ! of those would leave 1 hell of a gap. Just to bring the team back to current standard it would cost nearly as much as the money you get.That is without any strenghtening.My thoughts are enjoy it now this is as good as it gets with our current owners.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Good news, even though only for an extra year.

Expect G will now say what a waste of time it is as he wasn't out of contract in the summer and is now just using up more budget next season on his presumably increased wages.

Mucca Mad Boys

Class!

Agree with the comments that Sheaf and Hamer (and O’Hare) are a good base for the team!

We only need to add a bit of class here and there and we’ll have a really solid, top half to playoff team.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hopefully not with a minimum fee clause, we’ll want to stack any eventual sale with incentives. In the meantime we keep stability in the core of the side, but will be interested to see what MR is given with no major sales this summer.

Gibbo

The obvious deadwood will not save us much money on the salary bill as most of those being listed are on rock bottom wages.

We need to sell at least one of O'Hare or Hamer to generate the cash. I suspect Hamer is the easier sale and also the easier to replace. O'Hare really is a bit of a one off (I am in the Grendel camp on this).

Attacking midefielder, holding midfielder and a central defender needed on the permanent books, plus an increase in the number of loans from two to three

Gibbo

Why don’t you think he will be good enough for the Premiership.
Is this short contract a way of ensuring we get a better price (and the agent therefore gets a better fee). Nowt to do with him committing to City at all, actually the exact opposite.

SkyBlueMatt

The squad we have now (and peoples perception) is miles away from last year. Of course money and budget is going to be tight and we won't rip up any trees but even if we don't make any moves (I think we will). We have a team that I'm confident can achieve a safe mid table position.

If we can shift Waghorny and Walker (I don't think Robins likes him). That should free up some decent wages to hopefully bring in a couple of midfielders (AM & DM) and a CB. If Robins doesn't think Taveres is going to be able to step up, look to bring in a PL youngster in on loan.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Sorry have not got my ear to the ground.(Harmer)Telegraph reported it about half an hour after my post.At least if he goes now(hope not). We will get some more money.

shmmeee

The squad we have now (and peoples perception) is miles away from last year. Of course money and budget is going to be tight and we won't rip up any trees but even if we don't make any moves (I think we will). We have a team that I'm confident can achieve a safe mid table position.

If we can shift Waghorny and Walker (I don't think Robins likes him). That should free up some decent wages to hopefully bring in a couple of midfielders (AM & DM) and a CB. If Robins doesn't think Taveres is going to be able to step up, look to bring in a PL youngster in on loan.

Wouldnt sign a DM with Eccles and Howley behind Sheaf, do think we need someone who can be as progressive as Hamer though, Liam Walsh but a few years younger sort of player. We lose so much when Hamer is out the team and with his discipline he’s out the team.

SkyBlueMatt

Wouldnt sign a DM with Eccles and Howley behind Sheaf, do think we need someone who can be as progressive as Hamer though, Liam Walsh but a few years younger sort of player. We lose so much when Hamer is out the team and with his discipline he’s out the team.

If Eccles can step up and take that spot, then you're right we have no need. I'll be honest I haven't really followed him too closely. What you say regarding Hamer, was my reasoning for why we need someone else there. Without him we really struggle. I suppose he is more of a box to box midfielder rather than a DM.

I wonder if Kante fancies stepping out of the limelight, he doesn't care about money. I'm sure he'd be fine with 10k pw.

Saddlebrains

My view of what will happen, not what i want:

Walker and Waghorn will be shifted, even on a free i feel (walker) to free up wages.

Shipley and Jones will Join Pask, Drysdale, Hillsner and Dacosta out the door

My 'surprise' if you will will be the fact i think we've seen Liam Kelly in a city shirt for the last time. With the emergence of Eccles and then Howley behind him, i think he will be let go also

Can see us getting JCS in on a free, and maybe another year of Maatsen on loan (ala mccallum).

Then another CB will come in as fadz is now starting to show his age

A CM in the Hamer mould to compete with Hamer Eccles and Sheaf.

And Of course a Number 10 that we've been Crying out for.

Even though 2 strikers will go out in this scenario, can see us only getting one, with Tavares stepping up with more sub appearances

So thats
9 Out
6 In

With the outgoings above and the extra revenue we've surely generated this season, them 6, if they're championship quality, could make us a solid play off outfit

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Walker we *might* be able to get rid of, but likely have to take quite a hit on the fee we paid. Waghorn I just can't see anyone wanting him, certainly on his wages.

Users who are viewing this thread