Transfer Rumour Summer 2024 (2 Viewers)

long way home

If anyone is interested I’ve made a shortlist of players we could realistically be looking at on a free transfer this summer from across England, Ireland, and Scotland. I’ve done my proper research and shortened the list down based on things I’ve heard as well as info on the web. Disregard the fifa ratings I’ve just used this site as a convenient means to build the shortlist.

Few interesting names on that list, wouldn't be disappointed if we got in any of thr below.
C Willock, B Diarra, L Cullen, L Sibley, C Barron and F Azeez.

JoeCCFCPUSB

There was a strong rumour that Luton tabled an £8 million bid in January. MR batted enquiries about the truth of the bid by saying King will deal with any bids.
aint moving to Luton, simple as that. Anyone that has ever been to Luton will understand 😅😅

JoeCCFCPUSB

Not for me, we have kept one clean sheet with him in the back line, not been convinced by him as a defender. People talk about how he is ball playing, but I personally prefer defenders to actually be able to defend . Would rather spend any money on somebody who would threaten Kitching for a place, more than him allegedly him sticking up for Collins ;-)
Totally agree tbf, to begin with i was impressed with him and thought given time he would kick on and really give Robins a difficult decision to make regarding Kitching and Binks. I just don't think he has made his mark to that level, it's not like Kitching has been brilliant either, not a shade on Mcnally or Doyle last season.
So with that in mind and the fact Bologna will hold out on that english tax and demand a high figure (£4-£6) million, he just isn't worth it.
What i would say tho, he could end up signing, Robins likes characters that won't kick off if they haven't been selected for 3-4 games.

I think BInks needs to really develop the mentality side of his game, he needs to be more of a commanding presence, he also needs to fill out abit.

Viktor17

If anyone is interested I’ve made a shortlist of players we could realistically be looking at on a free transfer this summer from across England, Ireland, and Scotland. I’ve done my proper research and shortened the list down based on things I’ve heard as well as info on the web. Disregard the fifa ratings I’ve just used this site as a convenient means to build the shortlist.
A Brown/Mowatt type could be handy - we need an older head (younger than our current old head) to help up grit it out.

skybluegod

Totally agree tbf, to begin with i was impressed with him and thought given time he would kick on and really give Robins a difficult decision to make regarding Kitching and Binks. I just don't think he has made his mark to that level, it's not like Kitching has been brilliant either, not a shade on Mcnally or Doyle last season.
So with that in mind and the fact Bologna will hold out on that english tax and demand a high figure (£4-£6) million, he just isn't worth it.
What i would say tho, he could end up signing, Robins likes characters that won't kick off if they haven't been selected for 3-4 games.

I think BInks needs to really develop the mentality side of his game, he needs to be more of a commanding presence, he also needs to fill out abit.

4-6 million??? Where has that figure come from. I can't see them demanding anywhere near that. I would expect 1-2 million max, anything more would be a robbery. Especially as he's intent on leaving.

I agree he hasn't set the world alight btw. But at 22 he has shown glimpses and as with most players would benefit from a run of games in the side not just short 2/3 game stints at best.

Hincha

Yeah I’d like to see some experience at CB and CM with Fadz and Kelly leaving.

Agreed.

Thomas Frank called Winston Reid the most important signing of their promotion season. Need a guy or two who have been there and done it to guide the rest of the squad.

Would be interesting to know how many of the squad next season have experienced promotion. Doubt there will be many.

Brighton Sky Blue

H. Kane might be a bit too ambitious

SleepyGinger

What do people think on Binks heading into summer? Worth signing or do people think there are better out there.

For me I would sign him if he's not too expensive. Left footed CB's are hard to find at the required standard. As a 2nd choice I don't think we will find much better for LCB, he's had some good games and some not so good games, but think he is someone we can develop.
Not for me, he can’t get into a pretty leaky defence even now we are playing a back 3. I think we need to sign a centre half in the summer but Binks isn’t the answer. Think he’ll get a move to a bottom end championship team though.

Saddlebrains

We already have the Hamer money and I would hope any extra Vik money is upside …..

Its the acid test really isnt it?

If Vik doesnt move, Doug has to put his hand in his own pocket for the first time.

Noises i hear seem to be pointing on a lot riding on Vik moving early in the window. We will of course get 1 or 2 in off the back of the wage freed up by Kelly, Moore, O'Hare, but actual purchases? We'll see

Deity

If Vik doesnt move, Doug has to put his hand in his own pocket for the first time.

Noises i hear seem to be pointing on a lot riding on Vik moving early in the window. We will of course get 1 or 2 in off the back of the wage freed up by Kelly, Moore, O'Hare, but actual purchases? We'll see
Absolutely.

managers understandably want players in early but in most clubs the reality is that this doesn’t happen.

ptr

I think many clubs will be wanting to push the 100million pound button on Vik but with all these profitability and sustainability rules, doubt many or any will. Hopefully wrong.

Matt smith

Or sell sheaf

If vik doesn’t go I think sheaf will

Unfortunate but I can’t see any other outcome

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

I think many clubs will be wanting to push the 100million pound button on Vik but with all these profitability and sustainability rules, doubt many or any will. Hopefully wrong.

He’s defo going to get a big move in the summer. Suspect Sporting will want him to move quickly so they can do their own business. Clubs have to only meet the release clause so it should all happen quickly.

JSL

A possible spanner in the works is do we owe any more instalments to clubs we bought players off last summer based on certain criteria? e.g. goals scored, appearances. finishing position, promotion etc We might owe a stack and not know outside of the club

Users who are viewing this thread