Transfer Rumour Summer 2024 (1 Viewer)

Martin180

I cant see Bidwell and Dasilva being our only options on the left. 1 goes and 1 is brought in that is a position we need to strengthen and i believe can.
Can Burroughs play either side or is he just right sided?

Marty

I'm not convinced on Collins, he's an upgrade on Wilson but I think we can do better and doubt we'd have signed him at all if we didn't have some weird obsession with players who came through the Chelsea academy under Viveash.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

so there’s a lot of talk about this year being a ‘rebuild’ for various reasons

What I don’t understand is why, when we only lost two players of note did we have to rebuild the whole squad to go again? well, I say two, we also didn’t have the foresight to go after McNally with any gusto so he signed for a team now threatened with relegation instead, and Doyle, who to be honest was easily replaceable

if we had signed a top quality centre forward and box to box midfielder with the cash, and someone like MVE & Liam Kitching (or made more of an attempt with McNally), wouldn’t we have been in a similar / better place than last season? and yet we, for some reason, have signed more players but appear worse off 🤔

wingy

What I don’t understand is why, when we only lost two players of note did we have to rebuild the whole squad to go again? well, I say two, we also didn’t have the foresight to go after McNally with any gusto so he signed for a team now threatened with relegation instead, and Doyle, who to be honest was easily replaceable

if we had signed a top quality centre forward and box to box midfielder with the cash, and someone like MVE & Liam Kitching (or made more of an attempt with McNally), wouldn’t we have been in a similar / better place than last season? and yet we, for some reason, have signed more players but appear worse off 🤔
Important for the tax breaks?

Merseyskyblue

Because it’s far more difficult to find 2 players of their quality than to improve the starting 11 overall

shmmeee

We lost Doyle, McNally, Panzo, BNC, JWE, Hamer, Vik, Maguire (lol) and had a Tiny Squad. Plus lost Allen to injury. We needed more players not less. We didn’t have near enough last season.

We look worse because we lost £35m worth of two players who were the best in the division.

Legia Sky Blue

While McNally was good for us last season by all accounts he has been pants at Stoke, where Rose is rated more highly. He would only have been a good signing if he had been the version we had last season, which was not a given. MR must have seen something that put him off pursuing him again.

Flying Fokker

Just wondering what the user name is about? Have I missed something or have you bobbed up from a parallel universe?

Our squad was small, we had loan players and end of contract scenarios.

Our squad at the moment is still rebuilding. Managers were preoccupied with Wembley as they also finished the season later. We should be recruiting early this summer. Hopefully that will give us the start that we need in order to make a successful campaign towards promotion.

ptr

Ugbo anyone? Worked with Adi like everyone else we sign and been linked before. On fire atm. Seems to have very good movement in the box, something out strikers desperately lack.

Deity

Ugbo anyone? Worked with Adi like everyone else we sign and been linked before. On fire atm. Seems to have very good movement in the box, something out strikers desperately lack.
I thought he looked a threat against us to be honest …. I don’t think he is better than Wright or Simms but would be an upgrade on Godden from the bench

Burnley have 7 players out of contract this summer including 5 first team players …. Assume they will re-sign them for their promo push next season …

Tea & Busquets

We should continue our tradition signing Barnsley players by nabbing Luca Connell and Jordan Williams. Connell might cost a fair bit but it would be well worth as a Sheaf successor, he is class. Williams contract expires in the summer which is great news as I feel he is a no brainer that would bring much needed cover at RB and someone that brings more defense off the bench which is something we definitely lack.

Offhegoes

While McNally was good for us last season by all accounts he has been pants at Stoke, where Rose is rated more highly. He would only have been a good signing if he had been the version we had last season, which was not a given. MR must have seen something that put him off pursuing him again.
I think we did go for him didn't we, but Burnley were asking too much and preferred another 1 year loan for him. Robins also said after the Stoke game about how we might see McNally again, (something along those lines)...Wouldn't surprise me if we go back in for him in the summer

baldy

I'm not convinced on Collins, he's an upgrade on Wilson but I think we can do better and doubt we'd have signed him at all if we didn't have some weird obsession with players who came through the Chelsea academy under Viveash.

I think we should definitely go for another keeper - one in the Moore mould (before he channeled his inner Burge)

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s pretty clear that we have had a lot of players in recent years that are punching above their weight with us.

Robins and his team get the most out of average individuals.

Players I’d put into the category of this is:
- Godden
- Kelly
- Allen
- JDS
- Wilson

There are a couple of others you could add to that list potentially.

shmmeee

It’s pretty clear that we have had a lot of players in recent years that are punching above their weight with us.

Robins and his team get the most out of average individuals.

Players I’d put into the category of this is:
- Godden
- Kelly
- Allen
- JDS
- Wilson

There are a couple of others you could add to that list potentially.

You just have to look at how many players leave us and drop a level or two.

Mucca Mad Boys

You just have to look at how many players leave us and drop a level or two.
With the exception of Doyle, Hamer and Gyokeres from last seasons cohort, all other players are playing their football in League 1. Or at best, fighting for survival in Championshop - see McNally and Rose.

Agree, it’s an incremental process and you can just sign new teams because we’ve built a culture around the club.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m not against Bidwell leaving. He’s a good player but we need to be ambitious in the market. A left footed MVE is the dream.

JDS will do as a backup.

Hobo

Also I’m not convinced by this splashing £4m+ on players. I don’t think we’ve done significantly better than when we were buying £1m players so I’d restrict the scouting team and get them to focus on bargains again not £8m strikers and £5m L1 players. More Torps and Sakas.

I get where you are coming from but it is still early days with Torp and Saka? Just as it is with Wright, Simms and Kitching? I think it takes a couple of seasons to really judge a player.

Grendel

I’m not against Bidwell leaving. He’s a good player but we need to be ambitious in the market. A left footed MVE is the dream.

JDS will do as a backup.

Dasilva will be on high wages - far more than Bidwell

Grendel

The reality is if someone would sign Dasilva you’d snatch their hand off and get him off a long contract whereas Bidwell is a steady consistent performer who can be a good squad player at championship level.

Samo

Looks like quite a big player churn again this summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

Dasilva will be on high wages - far more than Bidwell
Da silva has a longer, bigger contract that someone needs to pick up. So we’re unlikely to be able to offload even if we wanted to at this stage.

I prefer Bidwell, my preference is an upgrade on both of them.

fernandopartridge

if we had signed a top quality centre forward and box to box midfielder with the cash, and someone like MVE & Liam Kitching (or made more of an attempt with McNally), wouldn’t we have been in a similar / better place than last season? and yet we, for some reason, have signed more players but appear worse off
Because in the play off final we had 3 loan players + 2 that have left since, that's 5 of 11. Then we've got Kelly and McFadz, that's 7 of 11. That is a team rebuild.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread