Transfer Rumour Summer 2024 (1 Viewer)

mmttww

What do we think we’ll spend this summer?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

skybluecam

For the money being spent on EMC and has been spent on Wright, the assumption must be that a fully fit 1st team will include both. It's a lot to pay for less than 20 games as injury cover
Palmer's not 1st choice anywhere this season but has played plenty of minutes. Having 4 starting quality players between 3 forward positions would be ideal.

shmmeee

This is our “first XI” this season:

Wilson
MvE Lats Thomas Dasilva
Eccles Sheaf
Sakamoto
Simms Godden Wright

Alkhen

Just occured to me that a lot of our problems early in the season were a knock on from our play-off run.

Were were essentially a month behind most of the teams in the league prep wise. Not knowing what league we were going to be in meant recruitment was on hold.

Obviously we have to go for it this year but if we fall short having that extra month to rest and prep for next season if going to be a huge bonus going into next season

Skybluecol

This is our “first XI” this season:

Wilson
MvE Lats Thomas Dasilva
Eccles Sheaf
Sakamoto
Simms Godden Wright
What would the differences be if you did the "first XI" since Millwall away? I'd say that game was our turning point this season and the great run we've been on.
Assume Godden & Wilson (Collins and OHare to replace?) would be out the XI but who else

shmmeee

What would the differences be if you did the "first XI" since Millwall away? I'd say that game was our turning point this season and the great run we've been on.
Assume Godden & Wilson (Collins and OHare to replace?) would be out the XI but who else

Not sure Godden would TBH but I’m not about to work it out lol. Point is you don’t know at the start who you’ll need so you get 20+ players of the right standard in.

Legia Sky Blue

Not even close. 16th most minutes in the squad.

Ah, I see that's what your basing it on. Guess I should have paid more attention as I thought you were just listing our best XI. Is that just league games, or cup too? Either way that team will be quite different come the end of the season.

Skybluecol

Not sure Godden would TBH but I’m not about to work it out lol. Point is you don’t know at the start who you’ll need so you get 20+ players of the right standard in.
And there I was hoping you were a statto with the data to hand on your numerous spreadsheets!!

mmttww

I'm expecting this lot around next season:

Collins
Wilson

MvE
Latibeaudiere
Burroughs
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Da Silva

Sheaf
Torp
Allen
Howley
Eccles
Palmer

EMC
Wright
Simms
Tavares
Sakamoto
Obikwu

We all hated Friday night but that's an unbelievable platform vs. every other season since we were relegated from the PL. Some perspective, innit.

shmmeee

I'm expecting this lot around next season:

Collins
Wilson

MvE
Latibeaudiere
Burroughs
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Da Silva

Sheaf
Torp
Allen
Howley
Eccles
Palmer

EMC
Wright
Simms
Tavares
Sakamoto
Obikwu

We all hated Friday night but that's an unbelievable platform vs. every other season since we were relegated from the PL. Some perspective, innit.

Think a few of those will go, Tavares, maybe Allen, one of the LBs, hopefully Wilson.

mmttww

Think a few of those will go, Tavares, maybe Allen, one of the LBs, hopefully Wilson.

I'd rather we spend what we've got replacing O'Hare and Binks. Collins with Wilson as a backup is good enough for the playoffs.

Tavares and Allen are cheap squad players with contracts till 2025. Not fussed if they leave but they're fine to fill out the squad.

shmmeee

I'd rather we spend what we've got replacing O'Hare and Binks. Collins with Wilson as a backup is good enough for the playoffs.

Tavares and Allen are cheap squad players with contracts till 2025. Not fussed if they leave but they're fine to fill out the squad.

Neither are good enough to play really, it’s a waste for us and them. Allen maybe, but you’d hope we bring in an AM and he’s not getting in at CM. Tavares needs to go start his career and will likely be fourth choice either up front or third or fourth out wide. I’m hope we cut adrift all the dead wood and get 20 players of quality in.

As an aside, I notice we’re second lowest in the division for number of players used again. Only Watford with one less and Bristol with the same. Which suggests 25 is about the bare minimum, so maybe 22 plus Tavares Allen and Burroughs.

mmttww

Neither are good enough to play really, it’s a waste...

Hear you, suppose I'm saying that in a squad of c.25, you're gonna have a couple of players that you hope you don't have to use. Feel Allen and Tavares could be those players, rather than signing people just to fill that role. If we had more from the U21s I'd feel different.

shmmeee

Hear you, suppose I'm saying that in a squad of c.25, you're gonna have a couple of players that you hope you don't have to use. Feel Allen and Tavares could be those players, rather than signing people just to fill that role. If we had more from the U21s I'd feel different.

Yeah I think by the end of my post I’d talked my way round lol

Hincha

Just occured to me that a lot of our problems early in the season were a knock on from our play-off run.

Were were essentially a month behind most of the teams in the league prep wise. Not knowing what league we were going to be in meant recruitment was on hold.

Obviously we have to go for it this year but if we fall short having that extra month to rest and prep for next season if going to be a huge bonus going into next season

Should make such a difference.

Last season we went into pre-season later than everyone else with like 12 senior players (including Hamer, Fadz, and Kelly who haven’t contributed much to the season).

Next season we’re already looking at 18 players who will be top contributors from the beginning of pre-season.

mmttww

we’re already looking at 18 players who will be top contributors from the beginning of pre-season.

Yeah, good way to look at it. When was the last time we had a near complete squad in pre-season?

It'll be a huge change. Makes is so much more straightforward to maintain or re-build momentum.

Levship20

Yeah, good way to look at it. When was the last time we had a near complete squad in pre-season?

It'll be a huge change. Makes is so much more straightforward to maintain or re-build momentum.
We certainly need depth in squad.. any injuries currently and we are in panic mode..

shmmeee

Is there an argument for finishing 7th or below if we’re fairly sure we aren’t going to make it just so we get that extra weeks prep next season? We all love the hope and the jolly but dispassionately we aren’t likely to go up this season with the top three looking how they are and our injuries.

Mucca Mad Boys

Is there an argument for finishing 7th or below if we’re fairly sure we aren’t going to make it just so we get that extra weeks prep next season? We all love the hope and the jolly but dispassionately we aren’t likely to go up this season with the top three looking how they are and our injuries.
No. If that was the attitude last season we would’ve given up when COH got injured on Boxing Day and Palmer v Sunderland.

Without Sakamoto, we’ve still got enough about us to make it.

Hincha

If you’d asked me this time last year if we’d get promoted I would’ve said no chance and we got as close as you can get really.

Everybody wrote us off against Middlesbrough and we got through so no reason why we can’t beat Soton or Ipswich who have shown they’re beatable at points this year.

What we need is O’Hare and/or Sheaf (when he comes back) to step up and prove they’re Premier League quality (as people keep saying) and drag us through games like Hamer did last year.

Matt smith

I think we’re going to be getting a sell one for viktor

I can’t see him not moving to Arsenal, United or Chelsea

Will definitely put us in a strong position

shmmeee

£2m each on GK, LB, ST
£1m each on RB, CB, CM, RW
£3m on AM

£13m total, should be doable with £6-7m Vik money and the remaining Gus cash. Maybe we can get a couple on a free (McCallum? An old head at CB/CM?) and bring that below £10m

Out: Wilson, Moore, Bidwell, Binks, Kelly, O’Hare, Godden

GK/Collins/Tyler
MvE/RB
LB/Dasilva/Batwani
Thomas/Lats/Di Trolio
Kitching/CB/Perry
Torp/CM/Moore
Sheaf/Eccles/Howley
AM/Palmer/Allen/Eghosa
Saka/RW/Andrews
Simms/ST/Tavares/Obikwu
Wright/EMC/Burroughs

That’s 34 with 8 kids plus Burroughs and Howley. Surely big enough? You could lose the entire first XI and still have Allen Tavares Howley and Burroughs on the bench with first team experience.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

£2m each on GK, LB, ST
£1m each on RB, CB, CM, RW
£3m on AM

£13m total, should be doable with £6-7m Vik money and the remaining Gus cash. Maybe we can get a couple on a free (McCallum? An old head at CB/CM?) and bring that below £10m

Out: Wilson, Moore, Bidwell, Binks, Kelly, O’Hare, Godden

GK/Collins/Tyler
MvE/RB
LB/Dasilva/Batwani
Thomas/Lats/Di Trolio
Kitching/CB/Perry
Torp/CM/Moore
Sheaf/Eccles/Howley
AM/Palmer/Allen/Eghosa
Saka/RW/Andrews
Simms/ST/Tavares/Obikwu
Wright/EMC/Burroughs

That’s 34 with 8 kids plus Burroughs and Howley. Surely big enough? You could lose the entire first XI and still have Allen Tavares Howley and Burroughs on the bench with first team experience.
That’s overkill in terms of figures floating about - there will be plenty of good quality free agents out there. That £13m is spread rather thin and you’d prefer 2-3 ringers instead of 6-8 players on fees.

In terms of priority, my ideal window would look like in priority order:
1) AM - COH / his replacement
2) RW/LW
3) CM
4) LB - MVE’s left footed twin will do
5) CB - Binks / his replacement
6) ST

Ideally 2-3 extra bodies, probably loans to fill out the squad more and it wouldn’t surprise me if we raised extra revenue by selling an asset like Sheaf or MVE.

shmmeee

That’s overkill in terms of figures floating about - there will be plenty of good quality free agents out there. That £13m is spread rather thin and you’d prefer 2-3 ringers instead of 6-8 players on fees.

In terms of priority, my ideal window would look like in priority order:
1) AM - COH / his replacement
2) RW/LW
3) CM
4) LB - MVE’s left footed twin will do
5) CB - Binks / his replacement
6) ST

Ideally 2-3 extra bodies, probably loans to fill out the squad more and it wouldn’t surprise me if we raised extra revenue by selling an asset like Sheaf or MVE.

Can’t go into next season with one striker and one RB or frankly shit keepers

Users who are viewing this thread