Transfer Rumour Summer 2024 (3 Viewers)

slowpoke

This is a good topic, obviously depends what league we are in, selling Sheaf ? In football you never know and everybody has a price our top midfielder was sold for £15million last summer can’t see championship clubs shelling out that sort of money, would a lower end PL club ?
As for us in my opinion we need two keepers, atleast one CB, a left back, two midfielders and a striker two if one leaves.

shmmeee

Ideal deep squad money no object window:

GK/Collins
MvE/RB
Thomas/Latubeaudiere
CB/Kitching
LB/Dasilva
Sheaf/Eccles
Torp/CM
AM/Palmer
Saka/RW
ST/Simms
Wright/EMC

Burroughs, Howley and any other kids as needed.

8 in GK, LB, CB, AM, ST first team multimillion signings. RB, CM, RW prospects/squad players.

Moore, Wilson, Bidwell, Binks, Kelly, Allen, O’Hare, Godden, Tavares out from the current squad so no bigger just better balanced with more quality.

ptr

Simms with service will score 20 plus next year. Investment needed in the wide areas and in midfield.

I’m all for spending money but I would like us to look again at signing some gems at a low cost, easier said than done I know. Price tags have weighed heavy this year and money does not guarantee quality.

Rudoni would be a smart investment.
Goodrham from Oxford too as well.
McAtee from Luton.

JohnWH

Nah.
This was a transition year with a load of new players. The entire team sheet is (almost) entirely differently than last year's. Given a year+ to work with each other and learn to play with each other and train8ng coaches, this'll still be a cracking team next year. Just a few additions to replace those out of contract, whether by their own choice or the club's release, to maintain a good squad.
Call me the optimist, tunnel vision and all. It is hard to get promotion. Cannot upend the long term planning on gambles, or throw new players out in the cold. Need just a good solid squad grinding entertaining results, some depth to cover fast-and-furious games, and some faith in the manager and players.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We dont need much, probably 1 CM (backup for Torp) as we have Eccles and Sheaf for the DM, 1 AM to replace O’hare as we’ll have Palmer as back up, 1 RW, 1 ST, 1 CB. That should be all thats desperately needed as that leaves us with 22 men and a few more on top

Collins / Wilson
MvE / Burroughs
Thomas / Lati
Kitching / new CB
Bidwell / Dasilva
Sheaf / Eccles
Torp / new CM
New AM / Palmer
Wright / EMC
Sakamoto / new RW
Simms / new ST

And that leaves Allen, Godden and Tavares to pad out the squad, could equally see all three leaving and in that case some of the u21’s performing well can pad it out a bit and if we’re not comfortable with that, sign some players like Lati who can play numerous positions (like more than 2)

long way home

I can see 10 players going in the summer the 5 out of contract followed by Binks, Wilson, Tavares, Godden, and JDS.

Howley, Obikwu and Burroughs will be brought into the group and we will then need GK, LB, RM, ACM, FW, 2 CB. That would give Robins a very deep squad.

My 1st call would be to Harrison Burrows for LB the other players i like the look of are Cullen at Swansea and Flemming at Millwall. Another player i really like but not sure he is the standard we would even look at is Daniel Kemp at MK Dons, good player to watch. I think someone will take a gamble on him as a low risk high reward signing.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I can see 10 players going in the summer the 5 out of contract followed by Binks, Wilson, Tavares, Godden, and JDS.

Howley, Obikwu and Burroughs will be brought into the group and we will then need GK, LB, RM, ACM, FW, 2 CB. That would give Robins a very deep squad.

My 1st call would be to Harrison Burrows for LB the other players i like the look of are Cullen at Swansea and Flemming at Millwall. Another player i really like but not sure he is the standard we would even look at is Daniel Kemp at MK Dons, good player to watch. I think someone will take a gamble on him as a low risk high reward signing.
Who is going to take JDS with 3 years left on his deal here realistically?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Massive overhaul needed in the summer

Outs
Keeper: Moore & Wilson
Defence: Binks (end of loan) & Dasilva (not going to happen with 3 years on his contract)
Midfield: Kelly, COH (he will leave), Palmer, Howley (Can't get a game for Dundee, loan or perm out)
Forwards: Godden and Tavares

Next season

Keeper: Collins / new keeper
Right back: MVE / New right back
Centrebacks: Thomas / Kitching / Lati / new centreback
Left back : Bidwell / new left back
Midfield: Sheaf/ Torp / Eccles / new sheaf replacement / Allen
Right wing: Sakamoto / new winger
No. 10 / ACM : new player / new player
Left wing: Mason-Clark / new player
Strikers: Wright / Simms / at least 1 more striker.

Not sure where Burroughs fits in a 4231, he's not a fullback.

The most important thing is we need to decide on how we want to play next season and recruit for that formation and style of play. If we're going for 4231, we need some added depth out wide.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluecam

Plan for 433

GK: Collins, New signing. Wilson & Moore out.
LB: New signing. Ideally keep Bidwell as backup and offload Dasilva but may have to be the other way round.
CB: Thomas, Kitching, Latibeaudiere. New signing for depth on the left.
RB: MVE, Lati, Burroughs?
CM: Sheaf, Torp, Eccles, new signing. Allen maybe stays as depth. Kelly out.
CAM: O'Hare, Palmer
LW: Wright, EMC
ST: Simms, new signing. Godden out.
RW: Sakamoto, new signing. Tavares out.

Ins GK, LB, CB, CM, ST, RW
Outs: Wilson, Moore, Dasilva/Bidwell, Kelly, Godden, Tavares.
That gives us 23/24 which is a good squad size.

MikeyMoo

O’Hare can’t stay can he? If we had a good enough offer it would already be signed, surely. He’ll leave on a free in the summer.

Saddlebrains

CB
LB
CM
CAM ×2
RW
ST Will be the shopping list

Outs

Moore, Kelly Released
O'Hare because he thinks hes better than he is
Godden
Tavares

Allen will go if we get all midfield targets

GK we wont touch although we need to unless someone buys Wilson

PUSB-We_are_going_up

CB
LB
CM
CAM ×2
RW

Outs

Moore, Kelly Released
Godden
Tavares

Is this what you’ve heard or what you’d like?

blunted

Moore will go. Doubt we will buy another goalie unless it is a development player.
Think COH is 80% likely to go. Will be a big miss and the hardest player to replace.
Mason-Clarke looks awesome in L1. Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured.
I would go for McCallum out of contract. He was looking good for us when he left and feel his development has been held back at Norwich. JDS needs to cut out the mistakes at the back or fewer appearances in midfield are likely. Would keep Bidwell.
Preston showed we need a bit of toughness in midfield when the pitches get harder going and we can't bypass teams with our passing ability. Kels appears too injury prone to keep. Think offers may come in for Sheaf who is another difficult player to replace if there is an offer we can't refuse. Unsure if Palmer is out of contract. I understand he is on very high wages. If this is the case, think will be offered a lower contract which possibly means moving on.
We have conceded too many headed goals this season compared with the last and need a big, footballing, mobile bugger at the back.
Seeing the Danish player for Preston and Torp, think we need to be looking at the Scandinavian leagues for one million or two million bargains.
Love Godden but he needs to step up between now and the end of the season. His contract may mean he stays.
I would keep Binks, depends on price. Unlikely we would get promoted, but would put the price up and less likely we would buy him.

Viktor17

CB
LB
CM
CAM ×2
RW

Outs

Moore, Kelly Released
Godden
Tavares

I know it’s not the model / but Friday showed we could really do with a nasty older head to father the squad.

Viktor17

I've heard that Robins is on the same line of thinking as you. We will lose Kelly in the summer, off the back of Fadz last month. Robins knows we need 1 or 2 more experienced heads in again now
Good to hear - badly lacking. To that end i would be having Kelly involved tomorrow (which suspect he is) and hopefully
use him to see out Friday!

Gibbo

Ideal deep squad money no object window:

GK/Collins
MvE/RB
Thomas/Latubeaudiere
CB/Kitching
LB/Dasilva
Sheaf/Eccles
Torp/CM
AM/Palmer
Saka/RW
ST/Simms
Wright/EMC

Burroughs, Howley and any other kids as needed.

8 in GK, LB, CB, AM, ST first team multimillion signings. RB, CM, RW prospects/squad players.

Moore, Wilson, Bidwell, Binks, Kelly, Allen, O’Hare, Godden, Tavares out from the current squad so no bigger just better balanced with more quality.
For the money being spent on EMC and has been spent on Wright, the assumption must be that a fully fit 1st team will include both. It's a lot to pay for less than 20 games as injury cover

shmmeee

For the money being spent on EMC and has been spent on Wright, the assumption must be that a fully fit 1st team will include both. It's a lot to pay for less than 20 games as injury cover

Don’t think Robins thinks of his squad like that TBH. And considering our injury list I can see why.

Users who are viewing this thread