Suitable cover In each position? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Murphy - Dunn
Christie - Clarke
Wood - Cameron
Edge - Malaga
Adams - Hussey
Jennings - Thomas
Bailey - Barton
Baker - bell
Moussa - Fleck
Sheff - Elliot
Clarke - Cody

I assume most will say we need a new
centre half to replace Malaga.
Personally I am happy with him as a back up centre back.

Cody and Hussey are going off on loan and so will need replacing

So I make that 3 players we will need to sign.

Then maybe one more attacking goal scoring type player.

I assume ROD is off on loan.

I assume Brown and Ball have to stay?

Last edited:

Sutty

For me:

First 11:

-----------------Murphy---------------------
--Clarke--Wood----Edjenguele--Adams--
----------Jennings--Bailey------------------
--Baker-------Moussa---------McSheffrey-
----------------Clarke-----------------------

And a second 11:

-------------------Dunn------------------
Christie---Cameron--Malaga--Hussey--
------------Thomas---N/A---------------
--Bell-------------Barton-------Fleck----
-------------------Elliott (Ball)-----------

This leaves ROD and McDonald surplus to requirements, with Ball as the other back-up option. I assume Malaga and Hussey will be off as well.

I see Barton as an option to play in an advanced midfield position, and I suspect Robins does as well, so I guess that means I think we need a left back, and holding midfielder and another centre back.

stupot07

I think we need:
- secure adams for the season or replacement
- back up left back
- back up centre half
- central midfielder - box-2-box
- striker
- orthodox winger with pace for plan B

And I hope he sends brown and ball back.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

I think we need:
- secure adams for the season or replacement
- back up left back
- black up centre half
- central midfielder - box-2-box
- striker
- orthodox winger with pace for plan B

And I hope he sends brown and ball back.

Al Jolson?

stupot07

I disagree on sending Ball back, whenever he comes on the pitch he changes our game play so much and we get goals.

We've won just 1 of the 11 league games he's featured in......and only scored 6 league goals whilst he's been on the pitch.

Astute

We have good backup to most clubs in this division. This is why I am so confident....we also have MR who uses the loan market well and SISU are backing him.

stupot07

We have good backup to most clubs in this division. This is why I am so confident....we also have MR who uses the loan market well and SISU are backing him.

To be fair, we haven't really been tested in terms of squad depth as we've not had any injuries to the first 11 yet. A lot of teams that have dipped recently have lost 2-3 key players - that hasn't happened to us yet.

Astute

We can never agree on our best side. This shows we have decent players not starting. Other fans know their best 11. We can cover most positions.

Grendel

To be fair, we haven't really been tested in terms of squad depth as we've not had any injuries to the first 11 yet. A lot of teams that have dipped recently have lost 2-3 key players - that hasn't happened to us yet.

No and if we had injuries to centre halves and left back we have very little cover there.

stupot07

We can never agree on our best side. This shows we have decent players not starting. Other fans know their best 11. We can cover most positions.

Can we not? The only position we don't agree on is whether sheff or fleck/Barton should play. The rest of the side pretty much picks itself.

Astute

Can we not? The only position we don't agree on is whether sheff or fleck/Barton should play. The rest of the side pretty much picks itself.

3players out of 10....and that is one persons view

skybluegod

Why do you have Malaga in there? Willis is better and is 4th choice. IMO we need one more back up CDM one more Lw and a striker (and Adams signed) and that will be perfect business with Malaga leaving

Grendel

Agreed. The goalkeeper and 3 of the bag 4 are automatic choices. Bailey moussa baker and Clarke are sure fire starters as well.

Astute

Agreed. The goalkeeper and 3 of the bag 4 are automatic choices. Bailey moussa baker and Clarke are sure fire starters as well.

Yes you dislike Jennings. So how many have you just said should start whatever?

Grendel

Left back yes. But cb no we have 3 spare cb's ( willis only a month loan) Malaga may go but also calrke can play cb

None of those fill me with confidence.

skybluegod

Jennings is a starter and many fans don't want him drooped and sheffers is seemingly IMO robins favourite player

skybluegod

None of those fill me with confidence.

Cameron? He's a solid defender just can't pass well. Willis has got huge potential and was very good vs Birmingham and against Southampton last year even my fried who supports Leicester said he was good. agree about Malaga.

stupot07

Cameron? He's a solid defender just can't pass well. Willis has got huge potential and was very good vs Birmingham and against Southampton last year even my fried who supports Leicester said he was good. agree about Malaga.

But tbf he hasn't really challenged for a first team berth since Boothroyd was here. He also made some woeful performances last season too (3-0 vs millwall). He's still young and pretty much unproven. As is Willis who's made what 2 professional starts and a handful of sub appearances.

skybluegod

But tbf he hasn't really challenged for a first team berth since Boothroyd was here. He also made some woeful performances last season too (3-0 vs millwall). He's still young and pretty much unproven. As is Willis who's made what 2 professional starts and a handful of sub appearances.

He was first choice under robins for like 7 games and made 20 appearances last season he has over 50 senior appearances that's not unproven. Yeah but willis is back up not a starter he is for emergencies he doesn't need to be proven he is back up as is brown.

stupot07

He was first choice under robins for like 7 games and made 20 appearances last season he has over 50 senior appearances that's not unproven. Yeah but willis is back up not a starter he is for emergencies he doesn't need to be proven he is back up as is brown.

He played last season when Cranie and hussey were injured - wood played left back. Keogh and Cranie were always first choice.

2012/13 - 5 starts 1 subs
2011/12 - 11 starts 3 subs
2010/11 - 22 starts 4 subs (aidy Boothroyd)
2009/10 - 1 sub appearance

Total = 39 starts 7 subs

This is his 3rd real season around the first team - looking at the stats you could almost say his career is going backwards.

Astute

I trust in MR. Most of us trust in MR. If you trust in MR tell him he is wrong for playing Jennings. So you think he is wrong for playing him if you don't think he is doing his job well?

skybluegod

He played last season when Cranie and hussey were injured - wood played left back. Keogh and Cranie were always first choice.

2012/13 - 5 starts 1 subs
2011/12 - 11 starts 3 subs
2010/11 - 22 starts 4 subs (aidy Boothroyd)
2009/10 - 1 sub appearance

Total = 39 starts 7 subs

This is his 3rd real season around the first team - looking at the stats you could almost say his career is going backwards.

So 46 appearances. Yes he has better players in front of him but his back up

stupot07

So 46 appearances. Yes he has better players in front of him but his back up

But is he adequate back up? We don't know because apart from the spell under AB he's never had a decent turn in the side.

Our defence has been poor this season, just 4 clean sheets and regularly gifting teams 3-4 good chances a game, shouldn't our back up players be pushing really hard for a start?

Users who are viewing this thread