Suing. Appleton or the football league (1 Viewer)

skybluedan

Could anyone sue any of the above?
Ie Appleton for not doing his job properly knowing what is what and where after his long investigation or the football league for not noticing the fuck ups?
Any ideas????????

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Haskell come out and say Appleton did his job properly?

I think if they could be sued they would have been hammered by now by ACL wouldn't they?

skybluedan

Don't know mate but surely if its coming out now about contracts and shit

AndreasB

Why not sue Joe Elliot for "years of financial mismanagement and ineptitude whilst being on various boards of Coventry City Football Club"

L

longjohnskyblue

Surely this was precisely the scenario that the fabled fighting fund was set up for! Or are they going to deny this now as well!

shmmeee

Why not sue Joe Elliot for "years of financial mismanagement and ineptitude whilst being on various boards of Coventry City Football Club"

Because he didn't have a deciding vote for most of these years.

Any reason why you're entering into a thread about the admin process to bring up an ex-board member?

Yes you could try, but these guys are very capable duckers and divers and English corporate law is stacked in their favour (I.e. its a Feckin mess)

The only way is if BIS take them on at the point of dissolution at the end the liquidation. And I believe they will only do that if the facts are made clear to them by 3rd parties Wikipedia states this.

"Having wound-up the company's affairs, the liquidator must call a final meeting of the members (if it is a members' voluntary winding-up), creditors (if it is a compulsory winding-up) or both (if it is a creditors' voluntary winding-up). The liquidator is then usually required to send final accounts to the Registrar and to notify the court. The company is then dissolved.

However, in common jurisdictions, the court has a discretion for a period of time after dissolution to declare the dissolution void to enable the completion of any unfinished business"

We can only hope that the behind the scenes activities of our MP's and ACL's lawyers may bring this about.

bigfatronssba

But without Joe Elliott we wouldn't currently enjoy the services of "the best chief exec in years".

Surely your grateful to him for that?

Skybluesquirrel

To pursue the administrator, I imagine you would need to be either a shareholder or a creditor. In either case, the administrators argument would be that he got the best deal for the creditors under the circumstances. Difficult circumstances.

You don't have any contract with the FL, so it would be difficult to sue.

DCMS may get involved. May look to probably reform the FL, their regulations and how the board influences policy/decisions. Even if it does, its likely to be too late to affect any outcomes for the City.

Users who are viewing this thread