Sturridge for England- cash windfall? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

It's looking more and more likely with his excellent strike rate in the Premiership that Capello will call him up, especially with Rooney out.

In this scenario would SISU get any cash from Man City as in essence they took a full international off us?

cstring82

Only way I can see us getting anything is based on a cut of the sell on fee which would have been agreed, nothing like we would have got if he was still at ManCity

les_miserables

I seem to remember Manchester City settling any Sturridge commitments with Cov. when the player moved to Chelsea £300k is the figure thats in my head but I may be wrong

skybluesam66

Does it matter

if yes - SISU will have some money
if no -they wont

Either way it will disappear into the same hole as the wages of Westwood/ King/ Gunnarsson which were supposedly still available to spend

SkyBlueScottie

No I doubt we will since our deal is now null and void, I also believe that we settled the deal early with Man City so were also not privvy to a sell on fee when he moved on.

As for the player himself, obviously very good, more than likely going to get better, but my god he needs to look as though he is enjoying it.... Always seems to have a sulky face when on camera.

Users who are viewing this thread