Stuart Linnell should be sacked (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Then why not just give £1k to the club - cut out the middle man?

Because we are taking about the Higgs share.

DazzleTommyDazzle

A fans group who share the views and aims of season ticket holders like me and torchmatic? Would you agree with that?

As I understand it, the SBT is committed to a democratic approach.

So if your views were in the majority they would be enacted. If in the minority, they wouldn't.

Would you agree with that?

Grendel

As I understand it, the SBT is committed to a democratic approach.

So if your views were in the majority they would be enacted. If in the minority, they wouldn't.

Would you agree with that?

Well depends. As they are unlikely to raise enough at £1,000 each j assume some are allowed to spend far more so lets say someone putting £30k in gets 30 votes?

In truth I wouldn't consider £1,000 in unless I knew exactly what the intention is.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well depends. As they are unlikely to raise enough at £1,000 each j assume some are allowed to spend far more so lets say someone putting £30k in gets 30 votes?

In truth I wouldn't consider £1,000 in unless I knew exactly what the intention is.

That's fair enough.

A little earlier though, you seemed happy to give the Higgs share / your £1k (my interpretation) to the club, with no mention of knowing "exactly what the intention is".

rupert_bear

The aim of any group surley is for the betterment of the TEAM and that has to be a bit of a motto. Getting the Higgs share could go a long way to that. The Ricoh has so much potential nowhere near exploited yet. We have had months of conflab on the "club" not owning it's ground or receiving any revenue streams from the Ricoh at the moment the "club" is sisu , well the only way to make sure we (the team) earns from the ground will be to own part and put it's share of any profit into the team. For me it would have to be one member one vote certainly not a vote for each share, may aswell stay as we are if that was the case.

TurkeyTrot

Grendel, as you know I'm on the board and I'd want to know where my £1000 was going before I'd part with it. That's why we need to do the spade work to come up with a feasible sustainable plan. If we couldn't then we wouldn't do it, to get fans to hand over £1000 of their hard earned without a realistic plan would be irresponsible at best and gross stupidity at worse.
As for what I would push for (if we could pull it off) would be a short, medium and long term plan based of fact. Total transparency, and whoever sits on the Trust board is voted on by the members (like it is now) and if we could get a fans representative on the board that too would be voted on by the members with a broad mandate based on our plans. There's lots of work still to do, one of the things mentioned (not on here) is that once someone is a board member they have to act in the best interested of the board, what conflict would that have with the or a trust? Things like that we would speak to other trusts who have made it work. Irrelevant potential issues at this moment in time but could be so important at another time.

duffer

I'm a little confused at the negativity surrounding the Trust, both on here and from Stuart Linnell. If the trust can get a few thousand members, and only a thousand of them are willing to pledge a few hundred quid, that's still a substantial amount of money. Indeed, it's the sort of cash that might get an owner thinking seriously about supporter representation and involvement. If you think that as an individual you'd get that kind of input by buying a few shares (even if they were available at the moment, which they're not) ,then I'd guess you never held them in the old CCFC!

As for Linnell, he seems obsessed with the idea that you need millions of pounds and 'high-net worth' individuals to make a trust work. I think he's wrong about that, but I'd accept it's a matter of opinion.

He is factually wrong though, when he states (repeatedly) that the club isn't for sale. That is clearly and legally now a matter for the Administrator, who has the power to order a sale as he sees fit.

I wouldn't want SL sacked, that's just petty, but I'd hope he would start to separate opinion from fact. I've texted, tweeted and emailed the show a few times regarding stuff like this (always politely), but have yet to hear the show offer a correction. That's not a gripe that I'm being ignored personally, but I think there's a duty on broadcasters like SL to be aware of what they're saying, and to separate fact from opinion.

luwalla

When linnell said the club isn't for sale, he's reffering to the parent company , which isn't in administration ..so the administrator wouldn't have any say

James Smith

When linnell said the club isn't for sale, he's reffering to the parent company , which isn't in administration ..so the administrator wouldn't have any say
But the Club is where the Golden Share is so looking likely to not be with the parent company.

rupert_bear

Perhaps but if as we are led to believe ccfc ltd the part in admin own this Golden Share and the players registrations i would say that's a pretty important part of the "club" up for sale possibly

duffer

The 'club' isn't necessarily the parent company though, is it? That again is a disputed matter, which will need to be settled by the Administrator.

If he wants to say CCFC Holdings isn't for sale, then that's what he should say - though again it would be nice to know whether that's a fact or an opinion.

Last edited:

luwalla

I thought the player registrations were held by the company which wasn't in administration... So we come back round to the same old thing I keep saying NONE of us know which company owns which assets, and until it all comes out in the wash we are all just making assumptions & talking tripe to be honest

Right.. I'm off to watch game of thrones!

Last edited:

duffer

I thought the player registrations were held by the company which weren't in administration... So we come back round to the same old thing I keep saying NONE of us know which company owns which assets, and until it all comes out in the wash we are all just making assumptions & talking tripe to be honest

In which case I'd expect people like Linnell to be quite clear on it, rather than presenting opinion as fact. Which is where I came in. :)

luwalla

In which case I'd expect people like Linnell to be quite clear on it, rather than presenting opinion as fact. Which is where I came in. :)
One thing he an a lot of people on here have in common.. They present things as if they are fact , when actually they are just hear say or that one persons opinion

Delboycov

Bump! Slipped to page 2! Can't let this one fade away and let that SISU sycophant Linnell off the hook ;-)

Mr T - Sukka!

Anyone notice the BBC CWR phone in has a slighty different feel to it when Clive and Geoff do it. Its a lot more of what do you want to say. Not the im saying from Linnell who constantly interupts the person speaking. I wonder if someone has had words?

Also who is linell refering to when he says there are some right troublemakers on Sky Blues talk? Psgm1? Torchomatic (The strange txt messages to CWR)? Grendel?

Users who are viewing this thread