Stuart Linnell here, if anyone wants to talk (1 Viewer)

gary_ccfcforever

Stuart I no longer know anyone that wants SISU to remain as Owners of Coventry City Football Club, Not one person! That may have been true 2-3 months ago but not anymore. They have alienated almost the entire fanbase... Going forward their position as owners of Coventry City is surely now untenable?

WFC

99 % in favour.... proves my point. Stuart, you and the BBC have now to accept that the vast majority want sisu out

Regardless of whether the majority want SISU out, it is clear that the modify are against there plans to move the club, will you question Fisher on how he expects to make their plan work without the buy in of the fans and how/why he thinks this offers a financially viable way forward? Will you query any answers about the additional revenue streams made available being insufficient to balance other loss of revenue?

Chipfat

In you opinion do you think Sisu are fit and proper owners and would you approve of them to carry on running the club.... yes or no will do..

SLOnAir

What do you reckon to this Stuart?

Member Poll Results and Resulting Action

Administrator Must Give Precedence To Bidders who Care About Coventry City FC and Its Supporters

The Sky Blue Trust members voted over the weekend about what stance the Trust should take towards Tim Fisher’s plans for Coventry City. The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour of the Trust working with every means at its disposal, including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest, to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company. We are doing this to avoid the scenario of falling crowds, relegation, further administration and possibly liquidation that we feel Tim Fisher’s plan could lead to. The Trust understands there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that precedence is given to bids that clearly demonstrate that they have the best interests of Coventry City FC and its supporters at their heart.
We would ask members and fans alike to join us outside the Coventry Hilton Hotel on Wednesday May 29th at 9.30am to voice their concerns to CCFC LTD administrator Paul Appleton. Now is the time to stand together and fight for the future of OUR CLUB and this is the 1st action.

On Thursday May 30th we will also be holding a peaceful demonstration outside Ryton Training Ground from 5.30pm to coincide with Tim Fishers fans forums, if you have not received an invite and would like to make your voice heard we would encourage as many supporters as possible to come and join us.

Please be aware we will not be stopping anybody from attending these meetings, infact we would openly encourage fans with invites to attend and listen to what Tim Fisher has to say and form your own opinions, we are simply there to make our voices and opinions known.

We must stress that this is to be a peaceful demonstration. The Sky Blue Trust does not condone violence or anti-social behavior.

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, click here to send an email and be removed from our mailing list.</a>

People are entitled to protest and to express their point of view. I hope you're keeping the BBC Coventry & Warwickshire news room in touch so that what do can be properly reported.

SLOnAir

No ...MOST actively want them out. Read the SBT poll, and take note that Tim has neer disclosed the outcome of his. You need to be objective , and the data supports the view that the VAST mjority WANT SISU OUT ( even if we staeyed at the Ricoh).
It is quite worrying that you cannot see this

Of those that expressed an opinion. Fully concede that.

Delboycov

Why were you right about Andy Thorn? When will Paolo Di Canio being going back to Swindon? When are these facts about why SISU have been in the right over the stadium row come out?

In fairness I was impressed with your interview with TF although I wish you'd have pressed him more regarding some of the issues that had him squirming. I think you're completely out of touch though with the vast majority of fans feelings of utter contempt for SISU...I think a few months ago you may have been right about many fans not really being interested in the off field events but that has certainly changed with TF's threat of liquidating the club and now the announcement about taking the club out of the city that gives the club it's name permenantly....I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single person without an agenda who wants SISU to remain in charge now.

SLOnAir

In you opinion do you think Sisu are fit and proper owners and would you approve of them to carry on running the club.... yes or no will do..

Their track record is highly questionable, but the definition of "fit and proper" is something for the League to define in each case. I would approve of anyone running the club that will keep it in Coventry and bring it success.

WFC

Originally Posted by SLOnAir
1. I find it hard to believe that they would make such a purchase without having a good idea where such a plan would go.

2. I have no doubt that a significant proportion of those that regularly attend home matches want Sisu out, as do probably most of those on here, but that does not translate to MOST fans wanting them out. And by the way I have never said that MOST fans support Sisu, I said that MOST did not hold the "Sisu out" view. The reason I say that is that most of the club's wider fan base simply don't care. They don't care enough to go to matches, and they don't care who owns the club. That is not meant to sound critical, but it is the way it is. And I exclude those who genuinely can't afford to go to games, but face facts - we are not a city like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield, where people turn up in numbers regardless. Understandably, after all we've been through, people have got out of the Sky Blue habit, and most - sadly - simply don't care - until we get to a cup semi-final, that is.

Re point 2 do you not think you have a duty to accurately reflect this in your comments and that the way you have comment on this has portrayed a misleading image of this?

Will you consider amending such comments in future to clearly state that the majority of fans would regularly attend and support the club want SISU out whilst what the wider fan base wants is unclear as they do not now activity participate in many of the goings on at the club?

Any answer?

SLOnAir

To carry your argument further, why do you think those that have not expressed an opinion are in favour of SISU staying? It does not make sense.

I didn't say that those who expressed an opinion are in favour of Sisu staying. I said that most don't really (truly) care.

Flying Fokker

People are entitled to protest and to express their point of view. I hope you're keeping the BBC Coventry & Warwickshire news room in touch so that what do can be properly reported.

Hi, I'm not a SBT official. Does the newsroom read this forum?

SLOnAir

Right.

I stayed on longer than I intended. Sorry if I didn't reply as quickly as your comments came at me, but dealt with them as fast as I could. Sorry of I didn't answer all, but I think I got to most.

Will do it again, if anyone thinks I should.

And I WILL post on twitter now, for the benefit of the doubters.

Goodnight all. #pusb

lifelongcityfan

Right.

I stayed on longer than I intended. Sorry if I didn't reply as quickly as your comments came at me, but dealt with them as fast as I could. Sorry of I didn't answer all, but I think I got to most.

Goodnight all. #pusb

Why did you come on here for anyway?

Bluegloucester

Right.

Goodnight all. #pusb

Thanks for coming on.

Users who are viewing this thread