Stuart Linnell here, if anyone wants to talk (1 Viewer)

SLOnAir

Given the strict FFP rules for next season, and the drastically reduced income that the club will face next season, do you think there is a danger of relegation?

Possibly, but I think we will have a resilient squad that will survive. I would like to think we'll do better than that, but it's hard to see.

bigfatronssba

1. I find it hard to believe that they would make such a purchase without having a good idea where such a plan would go.

2. I have no doubt that a significant proportion of those that regularly attend home matches want Sisu out, as do probably most of those on here, but that does not translate to MOST fans wanting them out. And by the way I have never said that MOST fans support Sisu, I said that MOST did not hold the "Sisu out" view. The reason I say that is that most of the club's wider fan base simply don't care. They don't care enough to go to matches, and they don't care who owns the club. That is not meant to sound critical, but it is the way it is. And I exclude those who genuinely can't afford to go to games, but face facts - we are not a city like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield, where people turn up in numbers regardless. Understandably, after all we've been through, people have got out of the Sky Blue habit, and most - sadly - simply don't care - until we get to a cup semi-final, that is.[/QUOTE]

This is the message that you need to get across to Tim Fisher. If he takes the club to Walsall, or Birmingham, people will get out of the habbit of going. Even if we have new owners, and the club is doing reasonably well, they will struggle to ever get these fans back. The move will kill the Club.

The fact that Fisher seems to ignore this suggests he is either stupid, or he doesn't care. Whichever of those two he is surely qualifies him as being the wrong man for the job.

SLOnAir

Can you next time someone comes on the show from SISU ask them .......

With the new Fair Play Rules restricting finance, where do they expect the club to be when they come back to "Coventry" particularly bearing in mind the club income will be at least 50% of what it is now?

Also what do you think ?

Good question. I think the best we can hope as we sit here now is to still be in League One.

lifelongcityfan

1. I find it hard to believe that they would make such a purchase without having a good idea where such a plan would go.

2. I have no doubt that a significant proportion of those that regularly attend home matches want Sisu out, as do probably most of those on here, but that does not translate to MOST fans wanting them out. And by the way I have never said that MOST fans support Sisu, I said that MOST did not hold the "Sisu out" view. The reason I say that is that most of the club's wider fan base simply don't care. They don't care enough to go to matches, and they don't care who owns the club. That is not meant to sound critical, but it is the way it is. And I exclude those who genuinely can't afford to go to games, but face facts - we are not a city like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield, where people turn up in numbers regardless. Understandably, after all we've been through, people have got out of the Sky Blue habit, and most - sadly - simply don't care - until we get to a cup semi-final, that is.

Stuart; I think you will find that the vast majority of those attend the games want SISU out.

Diehard Si

So if the Golden Share is in limited and the players are in Holdings then that means either:

1. We've been playing with players registered in a diff company and therefore potentially unregistered players. We could be kicked out of the league for this.

Or 2. That the 2 are linked and therefore shouldn't holdings be in admin also? This would leave whole club open to takeover.

So my question is why do SISU still think they are in charge? Do they not know that 99% of fans want them gone.

Johnnythespider

I no longer have a beard. Sorry to spoil your illusions.
The only illusion i have is that you would represent the views of the majority of fans and tell Fisher that in our opinion he is killing C.C.F.C and that we want him and sisu gone. I don't think that is too much to expect from a local radio presenter.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't remember.

How convenient :whistle:

For your future information (regarding any pub quizzes you may attend), it was "Mercia's Hound", a play on the words, Mercia Sound. I thought anyone who worked at Mercia Sound in those days would have known that.

SLOnAir

Do you have any idea as to where this new stadium will be?

Also will the Football League except that as a plan to return as planning permission has not yet been granted?

I have an idea where it will be, and I have asked about specific sites, but none have been confirmed to me.

The FL question is a good one. I think they will need evidence that the new build plan is realistic, but they may allow time for that evidence to be produced.

SLOnAir

How convenient :whistle:

For your future information (regarding any pub quizzes you may attend), it was "Mercia's Hound", a play on the words, Mercia Sound. I thought anyone who worked at Mercia Sound in those days would have known that.

I'll take your word for it. I ran the station so maybe I should remember, but I don't. It was a long time ago.

SLOnAir

why , in your opinion are SISU hanging on? realistically it will be 5-6 years before any profit is made, and by then they will have invested c100million?
I'm an accountant, but it makes no sense to me!

I have asked that question publicly and privately and I am not still not sure what the answer is, other than if, and I appreciate it is a huge if right now, we ever return to the Premier League and stay there, £100-million would soon be recouped.

hill83

Stuart, when you came to watch your son play sunday league last year I managed to miss a penalty. Just how bad was it?

WFC

2. I have no doubt that a significant proportion of those that regularly attend home matches want Sisu out, as do probably most of those on here, but that does not translate to MOST fans wanting them out. And by the way I have never said that MOST fans support Sisu, I said that MOST did not hold the "Sisu out" view. The reason I say that is that most of the club's wider fan base simply don't care. They don't care enough to go to matches, and they don't care who owns the club. That is not meant to sound critical, but it is the way it is. And I exclude those who genuinely can't afford to go to games, but face facts - we are not a city like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield, where people turn up in numbers regardless. Understandably, after all we've been through, people have got out of the Sky Blue habit, and most - sadly - simply don't care - until we get to a cup semi-final, that is.

Re point 2 do you not think you have a duty to accurately reflect this in your comments and that the way you have comment on this has portrayed a misleading image of this?

Will you consider amending such comments in future to clearly state that the majority of fans would regularly attend and support the club want SISU out whilst what the wider fan base wants is unclear as they do not now activity participate in many of the goings on at the club?

Leamington Pete

Thank you for your reply Stuart, and for taking time to come on here, but, with respect, I think you are way off the mark with your assumption that the wider fan base and those who are "out of the habit" of coming "simply don't care". I personally think that the majority of fans - attendees or not- now dislike SISU with a passion and your apparent refusal to recognise this is one of the reasons for the flack you sometimes receive on here.

lifelongcityfan

we are as far away from the premier league as we ever have been. SISU have never actually INVESTED in the club. There is a difference betwwen subsisdising losses vs buying players that will get us promoted

SLOnAir

Why does TF state that ltd is worth nothing ,,, yet Sisu are bidding for the ownership? you state he is sincere? ,really...........Sorry SL respect coming on here,,but i like many think he is using you and cwr to spin bollocks... If you don't believe me ask the 12,000 that have signed the petition if they believe him.

And have you signed the petition?

He says they want the company structure reinstated and, whether or not Holdings is in administration, the League regard "the club" as being in administration, so nothing can happen re transfer embargoes, etc..., until it exits administration.

As I said previously, I have not signed it yet.

Disorganised1

Thank you for taking the time and the stick to come on here Stuart.

SLOnAir

So if the Golden Share is in limited and the players are in Holdings then that means either:

1. We've been playing with players registered in a diff company and therefore potentially unregistered players. We could be kicked out of the league for this.

Or 2. That the 2 are linked and therefore shouldn't holdings be in admin also? This would leave whole club open to takeover.

So my question is why do SISU still think they are in charge? Do they not know that 99% of fans want them gone.

I think they have a good grasp of what people think of them. Re the Golden Share, it has still not been stated definitively, once and for all, that it was in Ltd. It may have been, but that remains in dispute. Right now, it is held by the League.

Flying Fokker

What do you reckon to this Stuart?

Member Poll Results and Resulting Action

Administrator Must Give Precedence To Bidders who Care About Coventry City FC and Its Supporters

The Sky Blue Trust members voted over the weekend about what stance the Trust should take towards Tim Fisher’s plans for Coventry City. The members voted in large numbers and the response was 99% in favour of the Trust working with every means at its disposal, including peaceful demonstration and other means of legal protest, to ensure that the Administrator and the Football League do not return the “Golden Share” to any SISU controlled company. We are doing this to avoid the scenario of falling crowds, relegation, further administration and possibly liquidation that we feel Tim Fisher’s plan could lead to. The Trust understands there are several alternative bidders available to receive the share and we will be urging that precedence is given to bids that clearly demonstrate that they have the best interests of Coventry City FC and its supporters at their heart.
We would ask members and fans alike to join us outside the Coventry Hilton Hotel on Wednesday May 29th at 9.30am to voice their concerns to CCFC LTD administrator Paul Appleton. Now is the time to stand together and fight for the future of OUR CLUB and this is the 1st action.

On Thursday May 30th we will also be holding a peaceful demonstration outside Ryton Training Ground from 5.30pm to coincide with Tim Fishers fans forums, if you have not received an invite and would like to make your voice heard we would encourage as many supporters as possible to come and join us.

Please be aware we will not be stopping anybody from attending these meetings, infact we would openly encourage fans with invites to attend and listen to what Tim Fisher has to say and form your own opinions, we are simply there to make our voices and opinions known.

We must stress that this is to be a peaceful demonstration. The Sky Blue Trust does not condone violence or anti-social behavior.

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, click here to send an email and be removed from our mailing list.</a>

lifelongcityfan

I have never said that most support Sisu. Not actively wanting them out is the same as supporting them.

No ...MOST actively want them out. Read the SBT poll, and take note that Tim has neer disclosed the outcome of his. You need to be objective , and the data supports the view that the VAST mjority WANT SISU OUT ( even if we staeyed at the Ricoh).
It is quite worrying that you cannot see this

Users who are viewing this thread