Striking Coach Required (1 Viewer)

skyblueeyesrevisited

Our finishing is now becoming comical. Also the none of the strikers seem to have great positional sense. No one makes the near post runs that predatory strikers live off.
If we are to stick with these excuses for strikers, then the priority signing must be a proper striker coach.

Nick

Administrator
If only we had somebody who used to be a striker.

Like you say, nobody is making runs in behind to get to crosses first (see Bakayoko against Charlton).

Otis

Our finishing is now becoming comical. Also the none of the strikers seem to have great positional sense. No one makes the near post runs that predatory strikers live off.
If we are to stick with these excuses for strikers, then the priority signing must be a proper striker coach.
Just watch the warm-up.

It's embarrassing the amount of shots that are screwed wide.

stevefloyd

I watched Chaplin today and correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see him score a goal in the pre match aim at the pigeons routine

Otis

Shipley always looks excellent in the pre-match shooting practise. Nearly always hits it sweetly and into the net past the keeper.

He puts the others to shame.

SkybluesBenny

I said this today at the game.
I know there is a difference in quality but ole gunnar solskjær since being at man Utd has been doing extra one on one sessions with Rashford and Martial and look how they have been since he has been doing that.

I know it's very football manager game like but other than fitness and goalkeeper coach who would be our designated attacking coach and designated defending coach.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Otis

I said this today at the game.
I know there is a difference in quality but ole gunnar solskjær since being at man Utd has been doing extra one on one sessions with Rashford and Martial and look how they have been since he has been doing that.

I know it's very football manager game like but other than fitness and goalkeeper coach who would be our designated attacking coach and designated defending coach.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Robins should be the attacking coach. He was a striker. The shooting in the warm-up on the whole is embarrassing.

I'm sure other managers have been out with the players before for warm-ups.

Mcbean

Problem with warm up and training they are not under pressure and can shoot - get on the pitch and it all goes tits up

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Shipley always looks excellent in the pre-match shooting practise. Nearly always hits it sweetly and into the net past the keeper.

At the moment the strikers next week I'd pick by Tombola - shove everyone not already playing in and first two out get to play up front. Why not Shipley playing up top - not like he can do any worse is it? Would totally flummox the opposition too!

lord_garrincha

You'd like to think that by playing Bremang and Baka up top on Sat, and shoving the recent dross to the bench/stands would give them the necessary kick up the arse.

But I don't think players at this level have enough personal pride in their performances (unlike their image) to be bothered by this.

stevefloyd

I noticed that too, he seems to try and place his shots and not rip the leather off them as I alluded to yesterday

Alan Dugdales Moustache

CCFC shooting tips : pass it, pass it, pass it, pass it back, pass it back, pass it sideways, pass it sideways, pass it sideways the other way, pass it back, pass it anywhere, pass it, oh bugger.

Magwitch

We need a proper number nine, a Dion Dublin type I’m certain a target man will help, on missing chances I look at that they especially Chaplin are there to miss them so they have escaped their markers and found space. Admittedly Chaplin has missed some real sitters so frustrating and could have doubled his tally but he still could end up with around 15 not brilliant, could of been more but a tally like 15+ isn’t too bad in his first full season which he didn’t start until October.

Gazolba

What I want to know is how can anyone who can't kick a ball straight call themselves a professional footballer.
And I'd even add, they should be able to do it with both feet!

Adge

Which make it worse,because they are missing in the warm-up when they ARE under no pressure.
Why do you keep referring to the warm up like it has a bearing/reference to the game? Can you have a look next time they are running during “the warm up” and see if it’s any better or worse during the game :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Irish Sky Blue

Robins should be the attacking coach. He was a striker. The shooting in the warm-up on the whole is embarrassing.

I'm sure other managers have been out with the players before for warm-ups.
Which ones? I tend to arrive just before the kick off for home games so I can’t comment. However I am usually there for the warm up at away games and I can’t recall seeing the opposing manager out with the players.

Otis

Why do you keep referring to the warm up like it has a bearing/reference to the game? Can you have a look next time they are running during “the warm up” and see if it’s any better or worse during the game :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Daft analogy. Running is just warming up. Fitness pure and simple. Shooting practise is there to try and keep them sharp and improve their shooting and keep them confident they can deliver in the game. It is a specific, singular action designed to improve one singular skill, that of being able to put the ball in the net time and time again.

Are you trying to tell me that if Hiwula misses every shot in the warm-up he's going to feel confident about scoring in the actual game.

Anyone who has played football and is an attacker, practises their shooting before the game and it always makes you feel good when you keep hitting the back of the net. You go into the game more confident. I was a right winger/midfielder and always felt a lot more confident going into a game if I had been banging them in, in the warm-up. You hit them sweetly in the practise you feel more confident. You miss them all you are not going to be so confident.

Otis

Which ones? I tend to arrive just before the kick off for home games so I can’t comment. However I am usually there for the warm up at away games and I can’t recall seeing the opposing manager out with the players.
It's rare. Not saying I have seen it recently, but have seen it in the past few years.

D

Deleted member 2477

Kenny jacket must be pissing himself every week when he watches our highlights

Adge

Daft analogy. Running is just warming up. Fitness pure and simple. Shooting practise is there to try and keep them sharp and improve their shooting and keep them confident they can deliver in the game. It is a specific, singular action designed to improve one singular skill, that of being able to put the ball in the net time and time again.

Are you trying to tell me that if Hiwula misses every shot in the warm-up he's going to feel confident about scoring in the actual game.

Anyone who has played football and is an attacker, practises their shooting before the game and it always makes you feel good when you keep hitting the back of the net. You go into the game more confident. I was a right winger/midfielder and always felt a lot more confident going into a game if I had been banging them in, in the warm-up. You hit them sweetly in the practise you feel more confident. You miss them all you are not going to be so confident.
Thanks for that coach :emoji_thumbsup:

ceetee

CCFC shooting tips : pass it, pass it, pass it, pass it back, pass it back, pass it sideways, pass it sideways, pass it sideways the other way, pass it back, pass it anywhere, pass it, oh bugger.
I watched Arsenal on Friday night and they were the same,lots of passing, no penetration. And no, I'm not comparing CCFC players with Arsenal players in a quality sense, just a lack of ...... well I dont know , confidence, afraid to make a mistake, clueless........

Users who are viewing this thread