Strikers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluesam98

Was just reading around a bit and started to look at the academy team to see whether we have any strikers just in case worse comes to worse and we end up only signing 1 or 2...

It turns out that the academy only has 1 striker, so not much back up there...

We seriously need 2-3 recognised strikers in before the end of this transfer window else we are in serious trouble

CCFC_Charlie

I'm sure that'll be the primary focus right now, and hopefully we'll see some incoming movements within the next week or so.

Sky Blue Kid

Just my opinion, but, we need to strengthen the back four first. Two prolific strikers and high scoring M/F last season, scoring nearly 60 goals between them and we STILL nearly lost our L1 status. Anyone thought about asking "Edje" to come back, I believe he is still teamless. C'mon SP, swallow your pride, Edje is so much better than anything in our defense atm.

Grendel

Just my opinion, but, we need to strengthen the back four first. Two prolific strikers and high scoring M/F last season, scoring nearly 60 goals between them and we STILL nearly lost our L1 status. Anyone thought about asking "Edje" to come back, I believe he is still teamless. C'mon SP, swallow your pride, Edje is so much better than anything in our defense atm.

Edje is "team less" for a reason - he is crap.

Sky Blue Kid

Grendel

Saying it twice doesn't help.

It makes me laugh that you berate free signings from the likes of Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday but urge Pressley to go to Bury in search of rubbish they discarded.

paulw

Was just reading around a bit and started to look at the academy team to see whether we have any strikers just in case worse comes to worse and we end up only signing 1 or 2...

It turns out that the academy only has 1 striker, so not much back up there...

We seriously need 2-3 recognised strikers in before the end of this transfer window else we are in serious trouble

SORRY Sam, this is NOT a dig at you but at the people who think SP mut be as thick as two short planks. Of course he will be looking for good strikers to come in and unlike some on here I think SISU will give him some funds to bring people in. SISU do want us to succeed but it has to be on their terms. I would love them to sell us but the only way they will find a buyer is if we are successful. They have a great team in Waggott and Pressley who know what they are doing. If Fisher or Joy said there was no money I believe Waggott would walk. Waggott's job i to find the right players and get the best deals. I could imagine he has told Pressley he has 1million to spend on a couple of strikers. We would have had to look at freebies but now Callum has gone the goalposts have been moved.

Sky Blue Kid

Something to do with the site posted it twice. Short memory eh Grenduffy? Don't you remember slamming the likes of Barnsley 4-1 three seasons running now we're at the point of taking in their cast offs. Mr "Own goals" Wood came from Sheff Weds, if I remember correctly he got slammed by CCFC fans on a regular basis. As for Edje being rubbish, He's the "Only piece of rubbish" that ever had Marlon King in his arse pocket all through a game. His style of play is Alien to the CCFC back four, He plays Football.

paulw

Twitter reporting we are about to sign Craig Davies for 200k

OMG. I just check this guy out and he is just like Clarke. He has had so many clubs and I think SP could do the same with him as he did with Clarke, bring back Wilson

Cobi Jones's Dreads

He looks a decent player Craig Davies scored goals nearly everywhere he's been would be happy with that signing:

[video=youtube;n1_sBHN2CAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_sBHN2CAA[/video]

wingy

Was going to mention him Yesterday ,Is It Hearts he's at ,only joined them on a Free In Jan from Blues .

Certainly banged a few In since joining them .

Why couldn't we have gone for him then ?

wingy

Something to do with the site posted it twice. Short memory eh Grenduffy? Don't you remember slamming the likes of Barnsley 4-1 three seasons running now we're at the point of taking in their cast offs. Mr "Own goals" Wood came from Sheff Weds, if I remember correctly he got slammed by CCFC fans on a regular basis. As for Edje being rubbish, He's the "Only piece of rubbish" that ever had Marlon King in his arse pocket all through a game. His style of play is Alien to the CCFC back four, He plays Football.

The Edge Is certainly no worse than anything we currently have ,however I thought It was Willis who shackled Marlon ,the memory is a strange though and I could well be wrong.

ccfc1973

If im honest craig Davies would be great but its more likely we will get a "experienced" striker on a free fron scotland and then get 2 kids on loan from the premier league

ccfcway

Wolves forward Jake Cassidy signs new one-year contract at Molineux
04/07/14

Wolves forward Jake Cassidy has signed a new one-year contract at Molineux, with an option of a further year in the club's favour.

Wolves manager Kenny Jackett told the club's website his reasons for keeping Cassidy, after deliberations over whether his future lay with the club.

Jackett said: "Cassidy is somebody that League One clubs will take and we can get a good loan so we feel in terms of making that decision it is quite an easy one to keep him.

ccfcway

so, Cassidy, loaned from Wolves and ex Wolves davies to replace the striker that has gone to wolves

Sky Blue Kid

@ Wingy...It was definately Edje that had King for Breakfast, Dinner, and Tea, then had him with cream on top for afters. He was magnificent that day against Brum ;)

Sky Blue Kid

He looks a decent player Craig Davies scored goals nearly everywhere he's been would be happy with that signing: [video=youtube;n1_sBHN2CAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_sBHN2CAA[/video]
Fair play, after looking at that montage of goals, if he can play like that for us then it would be a great "Buy" by SP. and only half the price of "Cody" Hope I haven't jinxed it!

He looks a decent player Craig Davies scored goals nearly everywhere he's been would be happy with that signing:

[video=youtube;n1_sBHN2CAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_sBHN2CAA[/video]
Looks great hopefully we do sign him and we get at least 2 others in so there is sufficient back up,also jake cassidy is a great shout but I'd rather a full season loan,or we bought him too and then we could either buy or loan a third.I think we need a partnership built by two permanent deals to make us successful with two full season loans from the champ/perm,I think then two centre mids would complete our transfer deals and we would look like a competitive team,and we could be up there,but we would need at least 5 more players in from now for this to happen !!! #PUSB !!!

junglej13

Davies would be a decent signing at this level. Good presence about him. On the subject of Cassidy it's quite a clever move for Wolves to give him a 12 month deal and then look to loan him out. I always wonder why we are so quick to terminate someones contract rather than loan them out. Cody McDonald for example. Im sure had he only been loaned to Gillingham last season we could have looked to cash in January after he had knocked some goals in. I think we could have also possible done similar with Blair Adams this season.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

CoventryITK@CoventrySources 12h
The Sky blues will sign strikers Craig Davies and Jake Cassidy. The latter being on loan for 6 months.Davies will cost the club £200,000.

This can't be the same @CoventrySources that said the left sided centre back was Matthew Kilgallon, not Reda Johnson! :whistle:

Kingokings204

Maybe killgallen as well?

Also I see David goodwillie is off to Aberdeen so no go there Robo.

coop

Looks to good for us we normally take good strikers and make them look poor and then take poor striker's and make them look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread