Strikers Who Came Good (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I appreciate some of these comparisons are slightly ludicrous...

Speedie - awful start with us when it looked like we were just overpaying at the corner shop rather than shopping at Harrods. Did have to move into midfield mind you.

Regis - Looked washed up, past it, a waste of space until Sillett came along and played to his strengths.

Rosario. Awful, not sure why we signed somebody who was poor for Norwich too. Was great alongside Quinn though and made the latter as a scorer.

Adebola. Needed to go on loan to find his mojo.

Grendel

Regis was awful in his first two seasons - took a change in manager to solve him though

skyblue1991

Regis was awful in his first two seasons - took a change in manager to solve him though
Maybe we need to do this to solve the Wright/Simms issue then...

giphy.gif

rob9872

Also Quinn was about 10 in first 7 but tailed off and Drinkell 5 in 4 then about 1 or 2 more sll season

rondog1973

Speedie - awful start with us when it looked like we were just overpaying at the corner shop rather than shopping at Harrods. Did have to move into midfield mind you.

Regis - Looked washed up, past it, a waste of space until Sillett came along and played to his strengths.

Rosario. Awful, not sure why we signed somebody who was poor for Norwich too. Was great alongside Quinn though and made the latter as a scorer.

Like Speedie, Didn't we see the best of Rosario when he was moved into midfield? The 5-2 away win at Blackburn saw a performance from him that was Zidanesque!

napolimp

Then you've got forwards who had to leave to start scoring - Chaplin, Clarke-Harris, etc. Guess some players just don't do well in our system. Chaplin's got 3 in 8 this term for joint league leaders.

Otis

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Offhegoes

I'd throw in Wegerle too. Think we were all gutted to lose Gallacher in the swap deal, so a hard start for Roy. He came good though, and on his day one of the best in the league. Didn't seem to click with Atkinson though and was quietly sold.

torchomatic

And while more of a forward than a striker, McSheffrey was on his way out of the club before his Luton loan
That was mainly because McAllister was a shit manager.

rob9872

Not sure you've quite grasped the jist of this thread mate
I was trying to say sometimes they start well and end badly too as another reason not to be concerned.

Others of course like Kyle and Bellamy start shite and stay shite then blame us when they leave 👍

clint van damme

I was trying to say sometimes they start well and end badly too as another reason not to be concerned.

Others of course like Kyle and Bellamy start shite and stay shite then blame us when they leave 👍

Not even Bellamy deserves to be mentioneded in the same breath as Kyle!

pusbccfc

Bakayoko was never great but I have never ever seen a resurrection of a player like that. He had the worst performance from a City striker in the last 10 years in the 2-0 loss away at Blackpool and then about a month later he was worshipped after his goals against Charlton.

Haji needs a moment like that. Fumbling a winner in front of a packed away end.

blunted

Regis was a bad boy, night clubbing, drinking and staying out. He had his arm broken by some local criminals for shagging a djs wife. Then he found God and the rest is history.

clint van damme

Regis was a bad boy, night clubbing, drinking and staying out. He had his arm broken by some local criminals for shagging a djs wife. Then he found God and the rest is history.

Think that was after the fa cup win, fairly certain it was after his renaissance under Sillet began at least

Adge

Lee Mills-came good after scoring loads with Robbie Blake at Bradford and then went away shite!

wantageskyblue

Houchen - I was at West Ham 1st game of 86/7 season and he looked everything like you’d expect from a lower league journeyman.

From January 87 (FA Cup games) - he became a Sky Blue legend.

ptr

Great shout with Adebola. Was absolutely terrible in his first season. Had a couple of shit loans and came back unplayable. Wish Wright had his strength, absolute powerhouse

Users who are viewing this thread