Strength of our first XI? (1 Viewer)

boatang

I dont think it is just a coincidence that we have been so much better lately as finally, we have all our key players available.

Just looking at appearances so far this year, these are the number of times key players weren't even on the bench, ie injured.

Godden 19
Dabo 15
Marosi 13
Kelly 12
Walker 10

I haven't even counted Rose who seemed likely to be a first choice at the start of the season, and I don't think has been fully fit all year.
Also Dabo, Walker and Godden clearly all played at least 5 games when they were nowhere near 100%.
That is almost half our starting lineup not fit for 1/3 to 1/2 of the season.

If we still have Sam and Osti next season, and our key players stay fit, even without any new signings, where would our first XI finish?

skybluesam66

I dont think it is just a coincidence that we have been so much better lately as finally, we have all our key players available.

Just looking at appearances so far this year, these are the number of times key players weren't even on the bench, ie injured.

Godden 19
Dabo 15
Marosi 13
Kelly 12
Walker 10

I haven't even counted Rose who seemed likely to be a first choice at the start of the season, and I don't think has been fully fit all year.
Also Dabo, Walker and Godden clearly all played at least 5 games when they were nowhere near 100%.

If we still have Sam and Osti next season, and our key players stay fit, even without any new signings, where would our first XI finish?
I think a similar place at best
I think we need to make a couple of additional signings who we would think were an upgrade (either sign or loan) to be looking at top half

shmmeee

Tough call.

We’d still be weak at LCB and GK IMO, unless Østigård could switch across. I’m assuming here Dabo and Rose show better than they have this year when fit.

Wilson
Rose McFadz Østigård
Dabo Hamer James McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Godden/Györkeres

Is a decent side. All playing how they can Id back then against most this season, would be down to whether we could keep them all on form as to where we’d finish. Mid table at least.

Thiugh several of those players have either been significantly off form for half a season or not our player for half the season, so not all down to injuries.

SAJ

Godden 19
Dabo 15
Marosi 13
Kelly 12
Walker 10

I think a similar place to this season. Now more than ever it is a squad game so the squad or core of say 15 players needs to improve if you are to progress. I accept we’ve had numerous injuries some of which have been quite protracted but I imagine every team can point to a number of players missing.

Magwitch1

Out current squad have proved had they been collectively available in the first half of the season we would be higher up the table and not involved in the relegation battle.

cov donkey kick

Mid table without any additions allowing for no osti and Sam.
But again assuming not as many injuries plus adding Jones into the squad with Eccles.
We need LCB and cover left wing back even with died and a centre forward target man to improve top 10 finish.
Anyone enjoying at George's afternoon ,got your flags out I have.

Users who are viewing this thread