Stratford v CCFC U23s (1 Viewer)

steve101

I am not sure how accurately you can assess trialists as part of a team so made up of them and youngsters?!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I am not sure how accurately you can assess trialists as part of a team so made up of them and youngsters?!

I guess it gives you a chance to see if they stand out against what we have. No point bringing in an U23 development player who doesn't stand out from our own. Also see how they react to it if they get beaten.

Obviously will be hard for say a goalscorer who doesn't get any service because it's literally men against boys and cometing physically against full-grown men but you'd hope you'd spot something, be it movement, positioning etc. Just give them a bit more to consider on top of what they see on a training field.

mark82

I guess it gives you a chance to see if they stand out against what we have. No point bringing in an U23 development player who doesn't stand out from our own. Also see how they react to it if they get beaten.

Obviously will be hard for say a goalscorer who doesn't get any service because it's literally men against boys and cometing physically against full-grown men but you'd hope you'd spot something, be it movement, positioning etc. Just give them a bit more to consider on top of what they see on a training field.

Imagine they'll assess them across games and training. Won't be too much weight put on this game alone I'm sure.

better days

I guess that when the game was arranged we intended to play most of the U23 players
But with Covid meaning we are short of senior guys I suppose the more experienced U23s have all had to be called up for the first team

Sky Blue Harry H

This preseason to date reminds me of the car crash one under thorn when we got relegated to league 1

I’ve just uploaded the Uber app on my phone

I know it's felt awful, but Cov-id has been a bit of a curved ball, and better now than in 2 weeks time. it will be interesting to see how it affects clubs in general during the next few weeks. Not looking forward to the BCD game against Norwich (would pay to watch, if money goes to CCFC, but guessing Norwich get it all?)

fatso

I know it's felt awful, but Cov-id has been a bit of a curved ball, and better now than in 2 weeks time. it will be interesting to see how it affects clubs in general during the next few weeks. Not looking forward to the BCD game against Norwich (would pay to watch, if money goes to CCFC, but guessing Norwich get it all?)
I'd be interested to know if the football league/FA have issued any new guidance to clubs re covid for the new season.
Such as fines, or point deductions for not fulfilling fixtures, and how many players from your squad should be missing before looking to postpone games etc.
It could be another massive problem if we have another surge of cases over winter.

SBchimp

It’s not just the players missing for games when they have COVID , it’s the ten day isolation with no physical work at all that puts them all weeks behind. Particularly in the middle of preseason

BornSlippySkyBlue

It’s not just the players missing for games when they have COVID , it’s the ten day isolation with no physical work at all that puts them all weeks behind. Particularly in the middle of preseason
Why can’t they do whatever they can in their homes? I mean, I do and I don’t have the resources of a pro footballer, and admittedly I don’t have the same equipment, but it’s very possible to stay fit at home. No? Even a treadmill only costs a few hundred, surely worth it in the circumstances…

SBchimp

Why can’t they do whatever they can in their homes? I mean, I do and I don’t have the resources of a pro footballer, and admittedly I don’t have the same equipment, but it’s very possible to stay fit at home. No? Even a treadmill only costs a few hundred, surely worth it in the circumstances…

It’s not that, the instruction is to do nothing.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm sure they do what they can, but match fit is different to what you can do on your own I suspect, especially at this stage of the season, when there is a programme to follow. I suspect the top clubs may have the resources/tech to administer it better than those with tighter budgets too.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I'm sure they do what they can, but match fit is different to what you can do on your own I suspect, especially at this stage of the season, when there is a programme to follow. I suspect the top clubs may have the resources/tech to administer it better than those with tighter budgets too.
Oh yeah, I get that it’s different, but you could keep fit to some degree. Anyway, I think I’m talking about a different thing from what chimp says.

Frostie

Yes and we have since had first team friendlies so I don’t understand your point why none of them could have been used for this friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you missed the whole bit about having to keep the 2 squads separate due to Covid?

Skybluefaz

It has been a curved ball. Now preseason is turning into a damp squid.

Users who are viewing this thread