Strange places to see other Coventry fans. (1 Viewer)

ccfcdan

A couple of years ago me and 2 mates went to Agadir in Morrocco on our holibobs. After a few days by the pool catching some rays we decided to take a ball down to the beach. Within 30 mins we found ourselves playing an 11 a side game with local Morrocan lads. They aproached from all angles.

Two of the guys we met were Morrocan born Coventry city fans, They were telling us about how they try and see us play on the tv and follow our results every week. They began supporting us when Hadji and Chippo signed. My mate gave one of them an old city shirt, he was made up.

Just wondered if anyone else had met any Coventry fans in unusual places?? :D

C

Clive Plattini

I grew up in a small seaside town in Essex (Harwich if you were interested) and always thought that my Dad, my brother and I were the only City fans in the town. Then when I was about 13 I went to the park and saw an older lad in a City shirt. I was gobsmacked.

smileycov

Facebook User
when i was in the Navy a bunch of us met a belgium sailor while in zeebrugge, he was a mad cov fan!! had a city shirt on when was in the pub.

torchomatic

scroobiustom

I Grew up in Kent and my road had two other city supporters on it, one gave me the mighty purple and yellow shirt for a birthday once

good times!

wingy

I grew up in a small seaside town in Essex (Harwich if you were interested) and always thought that my Dad, my brother and I were the only City fans in the town. Then when I was about 13 I went to the park and saw an older lad in a City shirt. I was gobsmacked.
You sure you're dad did'nt have two girls in town;);)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As I've said before somewhere, there are loads of City fans that live here on the island. I was talking to our local village vicar the other week and he said he was from Cov and a big fan! He even worked at the same place as me (albiet a good few years apart) - at Elliotts Car Accessories at the top of Gulson Rd. (yeah, yeah, I worked with a young Joe!). Also, I volunteer for Age UK and my local co-ordinator is also from Cov and a fan.
Because my car still has "Citroen Coventry" on the number plate, I get quite a few folk asking me where about in Cov I'm from. I love telling them I now live here! Always see loads of City Tops being worn in the summer as well.

Sterling Archer

It's strange enough to spot any in Coventry.

So true. It's also highlighted in that all the youth players coming through born and bred in Cov seem to be Arsenal and Man United fans.

I don't live in Coventry but every time I come back it genuinely amazes me how many kids and teenagers are wearing top 4 club prem shirts.

TheHellion

I was taking a walk one night about 5 years ago I think, when I still lived in Cov. I was wearing my Coventry City jacket. This girl was walking down the street the other way, and stopped me:

"Excuse me, shouldn't that be an Arsenal jacket?"

I think this was the point at which I finally realised younger fans of Coventry City may be a dying breed.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was taking a walk one night about 5 years ago I think, when I still lived in Cov. I was wearing my Coventry City jacket. This girl was walking down the street the other way, and stopped me:

I think this was the point at which I finally realised younger fans of Coventry City may be a dying breed.

Glory hunters are 2 a penny wherever you are-'Yeah, but why would you support a team that doesn't win anything?' is what I'm always asked. Because I'm not made of plastic, perhaps?

Walking Bird

Served a beer in a bar in Mallorca by a bloke called Jim who not only is a Cov fan but turns out he lived only a few streets away 10 years ago. Random afternoon drinking beer talking CCFC, Dog crap problem on Jubilee Cres & how good the food is at the Rose of Bengal.

torchomatic

A few years ago we went on holiday to Devon and we decided to go and see Exeter. I was wearing my brown top. Two people came up to me saying they were from Coventry and had retired there and the kid serving the burgers was from Cov and was at Uni down there.

100 miles from Cov.

2 years ago I drove across new Zealand from Auckland to tarranga. Driving through a small town called Paeroa when I spotted a girl in a city top. I did the classic double take and turned the car around and spoke to her. She was from tile hill and had moved there 12 months before. She let me take a photo as I thought people would just think I am talking crap as this place was in the middle of nowhere!

wingy

Slightly off topic ,but there was a film from the nineties ,set i think in San fransisco ,fantasy based on King Arthur being able to shift between past and present ,where he wore the nineties broad light/dark stripe shirt .

smileycov

Facebook User
that hearts and bones show from the nineties was set in london but based on coventry fans. Has amanda holden wearing skimpies and cov top....happy days!! :D

Spence CCFC

You own a Coventry City jacket? :facepalm:

keef

I was walking through Sydney about a week ago and some old fella in a ciy shirt crossed the road in front of me. Ive been here for 8 year and know a few skyblue fans out here but it was good to see the shirt on a random stranger. I had my ccfc cap on but he didnt see me....or maybe he ignored me....either way he lost out on a free beer

W

westcountry_skyblue

I went on holiday in the 90's to LA was in a cafe in the morning,having brekkie and this guy recognised my accent.He was a city fan had moved over there in 78 and his local was the red lion in walsgrave which i used to visit now and again.
What a small world we live in!!!

grahamparsons68

I was at a drug conference in Liverpool when I met a scouser who has supported City since the early 70's! We both live in the West Country now and often have away days to CCFC fixtures...off to the Crisp bowl in March!

Johnnythespider

When was this plattini, my wifes family is from down there and i'm often down dovercourt way, it might have been me:D

Astute

I live at the arse end of the lake district. I have bumped into cov fans a few times walking up mountains. Met a couple once on the island I live on.

skybluesteve76

2 years ago I drove across new Zealand from Auckland to tarranga. Driving through a small town called Paeroa when I spotted a girl in a city top. I did the classic double take and turned the car around and spoke to her. She was from tile hill and had moved there 12 months before. She let me take a photo as I thought people would just think I am talking crap as this place was in the middle of nowhere!

Was her name Karen by any chance mate?

All the best

Gaz

No where out of the ordinary for me.
Met a family in Lanzarote while I had my Cov top on.
They had a little lad about 2 who had the same top on.

Still surprising.

I'mARealWizard

I was walking through Sydney about a week ago and some old fella in a ciy shirt crossed the road in front of me. Ive been here for 8 year and know a few skyblue fans out here but it was good to see the shirt on a random stranger. I had my ccfc cap on but he didnt see me....or maybe he ignored me....either way he lost out on a free beer

It wasn't me :whistle:

Godiva

And you are now married and have 6 children? Or did you completely miss the pick-up line there .... ?

Users who are viewing this thread