story after story but never the truth (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Pre-season... What else is there to do?! Communication is a big part of prep!

Paxman II

nonleagueherewecome:

I was entertained by your post once more. You never fail to put your own take or should that be spin on everything and believe it to be so eh?

Sorry to be so patronising but can you say anything factual? You need to base your comments on what is actually going on here and not on your own story telling. Entertaining though....;)

Delboycov

Simply the best post I've read on this forum or any other for a long long time. It encapsulates my views perfectly and the funny thing is although in my lifetime I can never remember our fans so divided on the key issues and players in this sorry saga, I can't imagine a single City fan disagreeing with the majority of your points. It should definitely be sent to all the parties mentioned to convey the frustration we all feel about the absolute shambles our club has become. Well done OSB for putting into words and also so eloquently and passionately what we all feel right now.

Grendel

nonleagueherewecome:

I was entertained by your post once more. You never fail to put your own take or should that be spin on everything and believe it to be so eh?

Sorry to be so patronising but can you say anything factual? You need to base your comments on what is actually going on here and not on your own story telling. Entertaining though....;)

These days he makes morrissey look positively cheerful,

DazzleTommyDazzle

nonleagueherewecome:

Hmmmmm.

Perhaps you should read that to yourself before you post.

Sorry to be patronising :D

Grendel

We have about as much right to moan about Hoffman as a child has at Santa for not delivering the present that Mummy promised. We need to grow up a little bit and stop expecting a fantasy figure to save us.

What like 4 years ago you mean. Oh we had all our Christmases at once then didn't we. Can't be too greedy.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I don't know about the Bogeyman but when Raul stays over things do tend to go 'bump' in the night.

Sky Blues

And....returning to the OP... I understand OSB's frustration. I'm tired of all the hooha (computer wants to change that word to "boobs" for some inexplicable reason), but as bashing heads together is not a physically viable option, what can we do? We can support AshbyJan's attempts to get a new supporters' group going which maybe could pick up the pieces when the seemingly inevitable collapse comes I suppose, but apart from that I guess most of us on here just feel totally helpless to do anything about something we care about. We're left logging in here day after day hoping for a new dawn, but just find the odd flash of hope that is soon dashed by another tale of woe as we slide ever downwards into the abyss. In that regard, following events here and in the news during the close season is a bit like following Cov during the regular season.
And why do we stick at it? Because we support Coventry City and, leaving aside one glorious cup run 25 years ago, it's a pattern with which we are all too familiar. PUSB.

dongonzalos

In the hoffs defence he said he would not speak again unless it is a done deal or completely over.

He said this as this is what people demanded put up or shut up.

Hence he is shutting up till he can put up.

I still have this sneaky feeling he will feature in this latest sisu deal.

covcity4life

well said OSB, sums it up for me too

here i was writing a thread about how without a mass excodus our squad should be competiive and then 4 or 5 possible departures come out

one minute were gna try bounce back,next realsitic,then bounce back again

pathetic

sky_blue_up_north

Great post that summarises how many of us feel. Its like a school playground, with he said she said. Acting like a bunch of kids, each with their own agenda, but none that seems to be in the interest of Coventry City. The reflection on our City is dire. One point I will make about Andy Thorn, I have feeling this is what he was referring to when he said the bickering had to stop. If I was him, unless he needs the money and stress that much I would be seriously consider resigning, because he is not going get any backing from the current board.

Tank Top

Could be worse then?
Great stuff OSB;
I feel totally vindicated about my views on siSu after about a fortnight after takeover
I smelt a rat about The true intentions of our new owners,but got slagged off by the pro SISU lobby.
Not many slagging me off now!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just to follow up on a couple of things

None of what I said was about bad mouthing anyone. It was an expression of sheer frustration - my own and seemingly that of many others

I made it pretty clear that AT was in a difficult position, that he has to try to be positive - but what he needs to be is circumspect in his comments because he must know better than us by now the nature of the people he is dealing with. The more he says one thing and the opposite happens the more his credibility is eroded. No I am not a great fan of his but right now we need him to be seen as a strong leader not a lame figure head that has his ability degraded by others of less integrity. I say that for the good of the team.

Hoffman. Frankly I have no expectation of Hoffman be it on a white charger or at Xmas. My point with him is that the constant rumor, press speculation and hype is having a detrimental effect on the club - yes it started positive but right now the longer it goes on it is eating away at things. GH could change that to a big degree by a simple statement but chooses not to. Yet little stories miraculously leak out - sorry to be cynical but I dont believe he has not had some involvement in some of those stories. Do we have a right to expect that statement - well yes because in at least trying to get something done he has put himself out there to be questioned and with that sort of public involvement comes responsibility in my opinion. He is big on the good of the club - well right now the rumor and speculation is harming our club and fan base (yes i know not as badly as SISU but damage is still done )

Keys and Gray - to be honest I pay almost no attention to them, my curiosity is sparked solely by having known Keys many years ago. I dont listen to their show but many do and it stirs and muddies the waters. Their comments are no more informed than ours - GH (their apparent source of info) hasnt seen any financial info at CCFC for over 2 years so he just does not know. The shares that might be available are the Charity's and they have definitively said there has been no contact. Throw away comments by them or other radio shock jocks do nothing other than massage their own egos

BSB made a comment about the academy earlier. I heard something very troubling last night - yes it is only hearsay but it is a good source - it seems we may lose academy status, there is no money for it, and many coaches are recommending their players elsewhere. CCFC academy is not seen as good or reliable and the young top players wont be coming because our "academy" will not be playing against the better academy set ups in this land. That has if true very serious implications for the clubs future.

Did I write my original post to be speaking on behalf of us all ?, nope not that arrogant. But it seems many feel the same way as i do. Thanks for all the positive reactions guys :)

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Could be worse then?
Great stuff OSB;
I feel totally vindicated about my views on siSu after about a fortnight after takeover
I smelt a rat about The true intentions of our new owners,but got slagged off by the pro SISU lobby.
Not many slagging me off now!!

Was on 606 at the time myself tankie and was saying be careful what you wish for, hedge funds are a very different animal. Was saying read the statements from the club etc very carefully and dont jump to conclusions. Everyone got caught up in the relief of being saved but I have to say I never thought it would get this bad!

dongonzalos

None of what I said was about bad mouthing anyone. It was an expression of sheer frustration - my own and seemingly that of many others

I made it pretty clear that AT was in a difficult position, that he has to try to be positive - but what he needs to be is circumspect in his comments because he must know better than us by now the nature of the people he is dealing with. The more he says one thing and the opposite happens the more his credibility is eroded. No I am not a great fan of his but right now we need him to be seen as a strong leader not a lame figure head that has his ability degraded by others of less integrity. I say that for the good of the team.

Hoffman. Frankly I have no expectation of Hoffman be it on a white charger or at Xmas. My point with him is that the constant rumor, press speculation and hype is having a detrimental effect on the club - yes it started positive but right now the longer it goes on it is eating away at things. GH could change that to a big degree by a simple statement but chooses not to. Yet little stories miraculously leak out - sorry to be cynical but I dont believe he has not had some involvement in some of those stories. Do we have a right to expect that statement - well yes because in at least trying to get something done he has put himself out there to be questioned and with that sort of public involvement comes responsibility in my opinion. He is big on the good of the club - well right now the rumor and speculation is harming our club and fan base (yes i know not as badly as SISU but damage is still done )

Keys and Gray - to be honest I pay almost no attention to them, my curiosity is sparked solely by having known Keys many years ago. I dont listen to their show but many do and it stirs and muddies the waters. Their comments are no more informed than ours - GH (their apparent source of info) hasnt seen any financial info at CCFC for over 2 years so he just does not know. The shares that might be available are the Charity's and they have definitively said there has been no contact. Throw away comments by them or other radio shock jocks do nothing other than massage their own egos

BSB made a comment about the academy earlier. I heard something very troubling last night - yes it is only hearsay but it is a good source - it seems we may lose academy status, there is no money for it, and many coaches are recommending their players elsewhere. CCFC academy is not seen as good or reliable and the young top players wont be coming because our "academy" will not be playing against the better academy set ups in this land. That has if true very serious implications for the clubs future.

Did I write my original post to be speaking on behalf of us all ?, nope not that arrogant. But it seems many feel the same way as i do. Thanks for all the positive reactions guys :)

OSB check your private messages.

davebart

To be honest there are plenty of us who jacked in any belief in CCFC a long time ago.

I have great admiration for all you who have stuck with it till now. I haven't got that resilience I'm afraid. I lost interest when Neville Hadsley's site was issued with a writ and it has gone down hill since then. There has not been a single ray of hope since.

CCFC are not the only club in this position and it cannot be long before there is a massive shake down in English football.

Brighton Sky Blue

The implications on our youth setup cause me the most concern because it's core to every football club without access to oil tycoons. If our kids weren't so talented we'd have been massacred last season-and that we risk jeapordising their own future prospects as well as our own by blooding them way too early is unforgiveable. Carsley and especially Rioch have done a great job that we will squander with a downgraded academy-it could be a long time before we get another chance.

Nonleagueherewecome

nonleagueherewecome:

I'm sorry Paxman, I thought forums were about opinions? We certainly don't get too many people posting facts...

And what is my "spin"? What have I got to gain? I'm just a fan, I have no hidden adjenda!

Nonleagueherewecome

What like 4 years ago you mean. Oh we had all our Christmases at once then didn't we. Can't be too greedy.

I don't get this...do you mean SISU? We didn't all welcome them, y'know.

skyblueinBaku

This story about the academy is (if true) most worrying. We would not be able to attract the most talented youngsters, even if the training they would get is excellent. However, on the bright side, I'm sure that in the spirit of 'transparency' we can soon expect a truthful statement from Tim Fisher. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread