Stop the split! (1 Viewer)

L

longjohnskyblue

I'm curious Badger - you say NOPM is making ccfc less attractive - but what is so attractive about a team not playing home games at its home stadium, with less than 500 season tickets (and even less then following year!) almost certain relegation, a threadbare squad - well you get the picture! Point is right now the only thing going for the club is the support of the fans! THe longer sisu are allowed to carry out this charade of using the name coventry city but based in northampton, that core support will dwindle to zero!

As for them gaining fanbase from northampton, they have had a team in their town for quite a while now, and I don't see them swarming to watch them! CCFC barring a miracle will be playing either in the same league or lower than northampton next season, so there simply is going to be no question of the fanbase transferring from northampton to "coventry".

I think sisus might finally be realising they have won a victory but a hollow victory. Not a chance of them getting their hands on the ricoh now, or getting planning permission through.SO what now? All sisu have is the wage bill of the players, and virtually BSN fanbase! Add to that no shirt sales, and no f&D sales, what have sisu actually won?

Sure they can fund the losses - but what is the point? They have even said they are relying on the fans drifting back after 3 games - but what when they don't? Mark my words, in 4 weeks when the losses continue, and even 500 fans looks optimistic, just watch sisu call for talks (may well even be after sunday!).NOPM until sisu is no more

skybluehugh

I still haven't decided whether to go or not. I think that this week I wil probably choose the Charity match.

I have a problem with NOPM - it makes the club less attractive to a new buyer and a Hedge fund that is not making money or cannot sell for a reasonable price will not think twice about liquidating the whole thing.

If SISU do not get the Ricoh I do not believe they will move CCFC away permanently or build a new ground in/near Coventry. They will have a figures that they are willing to sell for - one with the Ricoh, one without - if they do not get the amount they want they will shut up shop and write off the losses which will be used for other companies in their group to avoid paying tax.

But by the sounds of it the Ricoh will be fairly packed on Sunday. Anyone who sees that will know there is a good sized fan base waiting for the club to come back to it true roots. where as having just a few hundred at Sixfields tells our owners they a fecked up big time.

But by the sounds of it the Ricoh will be fairly packed on Sunday. Anyone who sees that will know there is a good sized fan base waiting for the club to come back to it true roots. where as having just a few hundred at Sixfields tells our owners they a fecked up big time.

Its good to see The Ricoh is still gonna be home of some big events without CCFC. Its too good to just be left there to gather dust until we come back (If we do)

jan87

Seems to me Sisu have hatched a very clever plot they have managed to divide the fans into real fans and not so real fans

skybluehugh

You people do know that supporting the team AND wanting SISU out at the same time is possible right?

Well if I could be there Sunday, i would be more happy supporting the geriatric team playing in sky blue colours at the Ricoh than travel 34mls to watch our league team play at "Home".

Grendel

Well if I could be there Sunday, i would be more happy supporting the geriatric team playing in sky blue colours at the Ricoh than travel 34mls to watch our league team play at "Home".

I won't be going to either. I fail to see any attraction in seeing ex players. If we get to 10,000 it actually shows what a joke we are. We can attract more to nostalgic events than we would playing at home most weeks in league one.

RoboCCFC90

There is no way anyone going to Sixfields and paying good money to SISU can be considered a CCFC fan when they are sustaining the clubs destroyers. I am sure none of them are deliberately following this action, just a bit simple and not able to see the consequences of their actions.

CCFC does not have a future in Coventry with SISU so the only ones supporting CCFC are those supporting NOPM against unfit owners SISU.

Sorry Sir, but you speak absolute total shite!!

Badger

I'm curious Badger - you say NOPM is making ccfc less attractive - but what is so attractive about a team not playing home games at its home stadium, with less than 500 season tickets (and even less then following year!) almost certain relegation, a threadbare squad - well you get the picture! Point is right now the only thing going for the club is the support of the fans! THe longer sisu are allowed to carry out this charade of using the name coventry city but based in northampton, that core support will dwindle to zero!

As for them gaining fanbase from northampton, they have had a team in their town for quite a while now, and I don't see them swarming to watch them! CCFC barring a miracle will be playing either in the same league or lower than northampton next season, so there simply is going to be no question of the fanbase transferring from northampton to "coventry".

I think sisus might finally be realising they have won a victory but a hollow victory. Not a chance of them getting their hands on the ricoh now, or getting planning permission through.SO what now? All sisu have is the wage bill of the players, and virtually BSN fanbase! Add to that no shirt sales, and no f&D sales, what have sisu actually won?

Sure they can fund the losses - but what is the point? They have even said they are relying on the fans drifting back after 3 games - but what when they don't? Mark my words, in 4 weeks when the losses continue, and even 500 fans looks optimistic, just watch sisu call for talks (may well even be after sunday!).NOPM until sisu is no more

If you were looking to buy a football team would you buy one that only has 500 fans even if playing in a different town.

I admit that I am assuming that anyone interested in buying the club will also want to buy into at least part of the Ricoh and move it back. I think most of the interest is in the Arena rather than the club itself so they would want the club to tick over without having to put loads of cash into it.

dongonzalos

I won't be going to either. I fail to see any attraction in seeing ex players. If we get to 10,000 it actually shows what a joke we are. We can attract more to nostalgic events than we would playing at home most weeks in league one.

If you only see it as a nostalgia event then you would be pretty dumb and completely missing the point.

However I guess you don't really.....

mrbluesky87

Have we forgotten its for Charity?????? Im sure there will be a lot of people going who ordinarily dont watch football but want to support the Charity, the numbers are irrelivant this Sunday as long as it helps the cause.

James Smith

Have we forgotten its for Charity?????? Im sure there will be a lot of people going who ordinarily dont watch football but want to support the Charity, the numbers are irrelivant this Sunday as long as it helps the cause.
Nope very deserving charities too, and will be buying wristbands for everyone at work.

Johhny Blue

To go or not to go....That is the question.

The players still need some backing and encouragement or they will all eventually be happy to leave as well. Just a thought: What would happen if EVERY FAN mailed in an appearance at the game. could we reach 10,000 letters arriving at Northampton for every game without a penny going to SISU. That might get some attention.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Thank God for that your non attendance gives the event credibility

A lot of CCFC fans are starting to split into groups. Both of whom call themselves the REAL fans of CCFC. We are all REAL fans of CCFC. If you love your club, if you never want to lose it and if it means more to you than anything, you are a REAL fan. It doesn't matter if you are going to Northampton or The Ricoh on Sunday. We are all REAL CCFC fans, how we choose to show that is up to us. If you're going to Northampton, you're there for the lads, if not, you're trying to help the club by showing SISU you can move a team but you cant move a club. We are all trying to end this mess. Its not financial ruin like people say it is. We ent busted. We have money worries but so doesn't everyone. We have money but we're too bloody tight to use it. Either way, busted or tight, SISU need to go. They want us to split so its easier for them to break this club and take it away from us. DONT LET IT HAPPEN. We are all Coventry City Football Club. We are the club. Stand together, support your team from the stand or your living room, but stick together, stop the split and fight for this club

Stop the split, nobody goes to Northampton

L

longjohnskyblue

If you were looking to buy a football team would you buy one that only has 500 fans even if playing in a different town.

I admit that I am assuming that anyone interested in buying the club will also want to buy into at least part of the Ricoh and move it back. I think most of the interest is in the Arena rather than the club itself so they would want the club to tick over without having to put loads of cash into it.

What planet are you on Badger?

The only reason there are 500 season tickets (will be certainly less than that!) is solely because the club is not playing at its home ground! NOPM is in effect happening (albeit not 100%). By default the club is far less desirable right now - and that is through a deliberate and cynical policy from the current custodians of the name! I just do not comprehend what your point is here. Would I buy a team with 500 support - no but this is irrelevant! Were Coventry City based in Coventry, the very least # of season tickets would be 5.5k.

How do you not comprehend that to get money out whoever owns city will have to invest? Just ticking over is unfair on me as a fan (you seem quite sanguine at the idea of playing "home" games 34 miles away). Surely you aren't telling me that fans do not want success from their teams - surely that isn't your argument is it? Certainly for me I would like at least the prospect of some success sometime in the future!

By ripping the still beating heart out, and then condoning those actions by paying money to watch, I just do not see how you can possibly argue that is supporting coventry city! They are based (at least for now) In Northampton - or didn't you get that memo? How can they possibly be considered coventry city? it is just the name of some arbitrary team this season. FFS Fester is nearer! There is more of a case for supporting fester than Otium FC (they are after all the more local team!). Once the team is no longer in cov - it isn't coventry city FC - in the same way MK Dons isn't Wimbledon! If you want to support Otium FC fine, but do not for one second say you are supporting Coventry City, because they simply do not exist whilst they are exiles!

L

longjohnskyblue

Nope very deserving charities too, and will be buying wristbands for everyone at work.

You do realise these bands (as they have stated quite clearly on the eBay website) will be giving none of the money to charity - as all proceeds are being kept by the trust!

Buy a band fine, but don't for one minuite think it is a charitable donation - because they are not!

It was an outrageous and cynical lie in the telegraph

They are a disgrace

Grappa

I have several degrees and a certificate in mathematics and other sciences and I know for a FACT that Sisu are wrong in their calculations.

Covstu

Two trains of though here:

People going to Northampton - Just simply want to support their team! possible consequences: cements SISU's claim to our club and condones what they have done or alternatively it gives them time to build a new stadium to create a sustainable future for the blub which the Ricoh can never do whilst under ACL rule.

People staying away - feel that moving away from cov whilst we have a fit for purpose stadium in Cov is wrong (which I am one of them for the record). Possible consequences: the lack of revenue currently coming into the club could lead to the sale of further 'top' players i.e. Baker, Clarke etc and therefore confirming our relegation or starve our owners so they have no option to exit our club OR move it outside Coventry for good.

Either way I can understand both thoughts and there isn't a simple right or wrong action here. Its an emotional subject for sure but one thing is for sure, we all want to watch the club we love once again.

People going to Northampton - Just simply want to support their team! possible consequences: cements SISU's claim to our club and condones what they have done or alternatively it gives them time to build a new stadium to create a sustainable future for the blub which the Ricoh can never do whilst under ACL rule.

People staying away - feel that moving away from cov whilst we have a fit for purpose stadium in Cov is wrong (which I am one of them for the record). Possible consequences: the lack of revenue currently coming into the club could lead to the sale of further 'top' players i.e. Baker, Clarke etc and therefore confirming our relegation or starve our owners so they have no option to exit our club OR move it outside Coventry for good.

Either way I can understand both thoughts and there isn't a simple right or wrong action here. Its an emotional subject for sure but one thing is for sure, we all want to watch the club we love once again.

Exactly what im saying Stu. Theres no right or wrong choice. Theres good and bad things about both options, but we all have the right to take the course of action we feel is right. We all love the club and there is no point breaking the fanbase into 2 sections and let SISU take the club away

Otis

So everyone's a winner! A 1,000 people can watch a Coventry City team play in Nortahmpton and 10,000 people can watch a City team at the Ricoh!

Job done!:D

James Smith

That's reassuring, but to be honest I think anyone with a basic pass in GCSE Maths could have confirmed it.

No offence to anyone on here but I think my four year old neice and probably the two year old could tell you which of the numbers, 1,000 and 10,000 was bigger. If you put the revenue numbers down they could again tell you what was the bigger figure.

Shame that Tim can't :facepalm:

shmmeee

What a novel excuse to not go to a game. Do you have them prepared or do you write them fresh for each game?

James Smith

You do realise these bands (as they have stated quite clearly on the eBay website) will be giving none of the money to charity - as all proceeds are being kept by the trust!

Buy a band fine, but don't for one minuite think it is a charitable donation - because they are not!

It was an outrageous and cynical lie in the telegraph

They are a disgrace
No I'm aware they're Trust wristbands, I got that message from a post on here.

Sutty

Agreed. In addition, everyone's personal circumstances are very different. Some could travel to Northampton and the match experience would hardly be affected at all, whereas some would find it extremely difficult to maintain a similar routine to what they had before.

What we can all agree on is that this shouldn't be happening, it's a truly ridiculous situation where no-one wins. Whatever rubbish people sometimes come out with, we are all 'real' City fans and none of us deserve this.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. In addition, everyone's personal circumstances are very different. Some could travel to Northampton and the match experience would hardly be affected at all, whereas some would find it extremely difficult to maintain a similar routine to what they had before.

What we can all agree on is that this shouldn't be happening, it's a truly ridiculous situation where no-one wins. Whatever rubbish people sometimes come out with, we are all 'real' City fans and none of us deserve this.

What I find quite odd is the number of people criticising ACL for filing administration against the club. If they had succeeded in this they would have found a new buyer for the club from SISU (yes they would have rejected any CVA but a 10 point penalty and no SISU is an acceptable trade off), who would no longer be here. We would then have new owners on a good footing with ACL to start buying into the Ricoh.

Oh well.

Sutty

What I find quite odd is the number of people criticising ACL for filing administration against the club. If they had succeeded in this they would have found a new buyer for the club from SISU (yes they would have rejected any CVA but a 10 point penalty and no SISU is an acceptable trade off), who would no longer be here. We would then have new owners on a good footing with ACL to start buying into the Ricoh.

Oh well.

I can see what you're saying, and yes, just about everyone would have accepted administration if it had got rid of SISU. However, it was always pretty clear that SISU would hang on to the club due to the wall of debt they'd built up to themselves. Taking on administration experts like SISU was always going to be a long shot.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can see what you're saying, and yes, just about everyone would have accepted administration if it had got rid of SISU. However, it was always pretty clear that SISU would hang on to the club due to the wall of debt they'd built up to themselves. Taking on administration experts like SISU was always going to be a long shot.

ARVO's debenture took it out of their hands-it was cunningly filed when the boycott started so ACL could never have had a look in.

NorthernWisdom

No offence to anyone on here but I think my four year old neice and probably the two year old could tell you which of the numbers, 1,000 and 10,000 was bigger. If you put the revenue numbers down they could again tell you what was the bigger figure.

Shame that Tim can't :facepalm:

But few of you are looking at it in the way a hedge fund would.

And hence the potential lurching and pushing said hedge fund into actions that may very well be entirely contradictory to that preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread