Stop the split! (3 Viewers)

A lot of CCFC fans are starting to split into groups. Both of whom call themselves the REAL fans of CCFC. We are all REAL fans of CCFC. If you love your club, if you never want to lose it and if it means more to you than anything, you are a REAL fan. It doesn't matter if you are going to Northampton or The Ricoh on Sunday. We are all REAL CCFC fans, how we choose to show that is up to us. If you're going to Northampton, you're there for the lads, if not, you're trying to help the club by showing SISU you can move a team but you cant move a club. We are all trying to end this mess. Its not financial ruin like people say it is. We ent busted. We have money worries but so doesn't everyone. We have money but we're too bloody tight to use it. Either way, busted or tight, SISU need to go. They want us to split so its easier for them to break this club and take it away from us. DONT LET IT HAPPEN. We are all Coventry City Football Club. We are the club. Stand together, support your team from the stand or your living room, but stick together, stop the split and fight for this club

jesus-wept

No they are not. There is a minority but very vocal few on here, telling us all they are off to Sixfields Sunday, fine let them get on with it. We are relegation favourites now mainly because of the - 10 points but all know unless we start winning and climb that league, gates will drop as they would if we were at the Ricoh, we are out the league cup, do well to get to the third round of the FA cup so that leaves the JPT. Come October if we are still adrift at the bottom we will be lucky to get 1000 home fans.

There is no way anyone going to Sixfields and paying good money to SISU can be considered a CCFC fan when they are sustaining the clubs destroyers. I am sure none of them are deliberately following this action, just a bit simple and not able to see the consequences of their actions.

CCFC does not have a future in Coventry with SISU so the only ones supporting CCFC are those supporting NOPM against unfit owners SISU.

ccfcway

There isnt really a spiltwe are taking 500+ to the away game at Northampton on Sunday..For a Sunday, where the Charity Shield is on, and nice weather its a decent crowd....Whens the 1st home game in Coventry ?

Sky Blue Pete

No they are not. There is a minority but very vocal few on here, telling us all they are off to Sixfields Sunday, fine let them get on with it. We are relegation favourites now mainly because of the - 10 points but all know unless we start winning and climb that league, gates will drop as they would if we were at the Ricoh, we are out the league cup, do well to get to the third round of the FA cup so that leaves the JPT. Come October if we are still adrift at the bottom we will be lucky to get 1000 home fans.

There is no way anyone going to Sixfields and paying good money to SISU can be considered a CCFC fan when they are sustaining the clubs destroyers. I am sure none of them are deliberately following this action, just a bit simple and not able to see the consequences of their actions.

CCFC does not have a future in Coventry with SISU so the only ones supporting CCFC are those supporting NOPM against unfit owners SISU.

There isnt really a spiltwe are taking 500+ to the away game at Northampton on Sunday..For a Sunday, where the Charity Shield is on, and nice weather its a decent crowd....Whens the 1st home game in Coventry ?
Who does true sky blue support?

NorthernWisdom

Bloody hell, love the way people throw 'simple' around with gay abandon!

What's the criteria to judge how hedge funds work now, then? Working in a professional capacity with countless hedge fund managers? Being involved in critically acclaimed works that uncover the hidden mystique of what a hedge fund does and how it operates...?

That kind of thing?

Who does true sky blue support?

I wont be going to Northampton as I don't have a car, money is tight and personally, I don't believe it is Coventry City if we are not playing our home fixtures in a different city. We are all entitled to do what we want. If you wanna go Northampton, go Northampton, if not, don't. There is no right or wrong here. Its what we think is right. There is no reason for Cov fans to split and fall out over this. We are all CCFC fans and SISU are an enemy of the club. We need to fight to get CCFC back to where we belong, in our own city. We can only do that as a strong, undivided unit

Sutty

"I will go to games at Northampton, I want to support my team no matter what" - attention seeker.

"I won't be going to games at Northampton, I won't support a ground-share, however temporary" - 50 'likes'.

"I will go to games at Northampton, I want to support my team no matter what" - attention seeker.

"I won't be going to games at Northampton, I won't support a ground-share, however temporary" - 50 'likes'.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I applaud those who are going all the way to Cobblers Country, but I wont be going. I don't believe in what SISU is saying and im not changing my opinion

WestEndAgro

Why on earth would you applaud people attending Sixfields, they are culpable for the death of COVENTRY CITY we are COVENTRY not Northampton.

Why on earth would you applaud people attending Sixfields, they are culpable for the death of COVENTRY CITY we are COVENTRY not Northampton.

They are doing what they think is right and what they think can help the club. This thread is about ending this split, so put aside your differences, respect eachothers opinions and pull together to get SISU out and bring our club home

WestEndAgro

Yes they are, how long will we remain as Coventry City, when we are playing in Northampton, why would SISU return the club to Coventry if we have enough brainwashed, spineless, selfish, deluded , ignorant, half wits attending Sixfields.

Attendance, unless to protest is another nail in the coffin .
Convince me otherwise

Sutty

People watching CCFC in Northampton would not watch this Northampton Cobblers SISU FC thing that people keep metioning. A permanent move away from Coventry would be supported by no-one, a temporary one would be by some.

Yes they are, how long will we remain as Coventry City, when we are playing in Northampton, why would SISU return the club to Coventry if we have enough brainwashed, spineless, selfish, deluded , ignorant, half wits attending Sixfields.

Attendance, unless to protest is another nail in the coffin .
Convince me otherwise

Again, this thread is NOT about preaching or convincing people to change their mind. Its about putting our differences aside for the good of OUR club

NorthernWisdom

I'm not here to convince you to go, I'm not going. By all means don't go because you've had enough, or you can't face watching the club in Northampton. But all that will happen is the club will make a loss, or it will make a loss.

I often wonder why a club who McGinnity said needed average gates of 22k to break even, will be reaping milk and honey at Northampton, so much so it urgently decides it must stay there.

Moving to Northampton has never been about the revenue at Northampton.

SISU will get what they want, or the club will die. Going or not will not affect that.

In fact I would say those of us not going are more likely to kill the club off quicker, before it even gets the chance to come back. Also, before it even has a chance to be taken over by someone else to bring it back. Those going however will not be culpable in the death of the club.

"spineless, selfish, deluded , ignorant, half wits" is an interesting combination of words.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Im normally all for respecting others opinions but when something is wrong it is wrong.

Whether those going feel that what they are doing is right or not is irrelevant in some situations. Religious jihadists believe they are right, does that mean I can't criticise them? (extreme example I know)

Blue Maniac

Im normally all for respecting others opinions but when something is wrong it is wrong.

Whether those going feel that what they are doing is right or not is irrelevant in some situations. Religious jihadists believe they are right, does that mean I can't criticise them? (extreme example I know)
Missed opportunity for reductio ad Hitlerum.

sly_old_fox

so? what you are saying is that the normal rule that anyone can have an opinion and we should respect that, does not apply when that opinion is opposite to your own? you are quite obviously right and they are quite obviously wrong!

bigfatronssba

so? what you are saying is that the normal rule that anyone can have an opinion and we should respect that, does not apply when that opinion is opposite to your own? you are quite obviously right and they are quite obviously wrong!

No, im saying that if I believe something is wrong then I'll believe it is wrong. Whether I respect the other persons opinion or not is irrelevant.

I respect their right to an opinion, but im not going to respect someones decision that I believe is killing our football club. Surely that would make me a hypocrite?

sly_old_fox

OK, at least that is a fair and balanced reply, as you may or may not have guessed I view this forum as an outsider, so I have no particular allegiance to either side

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Every fan who travels to Sixfields will be considered by SISU as sanctioning their actions. If one goes, they have to reconsider their strategy. If ten thousand attend, they'll continue in their bizarre trail of destruction under the banner of consensus.

Every additional fan between the both extremes helps their latter goal. If any fan is happy to be complicit in that process; its for them and their conscience to balance.

sly_old_fox

Surely your allegiance is to other outsiders?

Some people can have an allegiance to a particular football club, but also be interested in football in general without getting caught up in petty local rivalries and the associated blinkered views. As I said, I am interested in what is happening at your club, as it could easily happen at many others (including mine), and from a selfish point of view, it denies us a good day out (short journey, excellent ground & facilities) regardless of the result.

Astute

I don't care if someone thinks we should or shouldn't go anymore. It has gone past that stage for me.

It just doesn't feel like my football team now. I used to plan my time off work around games. The start of the season used to be so important. Last season we started our holiday a couple of days early and stayed near Yeovil so I could get the first game in. We are out of the country at the moment. My wife can't understand why I haven't been looking at games I can get a flight to. It just don't feel as though the season has started.

I am not even sure if I will go to a game this season. I am not alone. Forget about forums. I went to Coventry on my way here to visit family and friends. Neither of the two that I met up with that I meet up with at games are planning to go this season. They have had enough of the debacle. Neither know of anyone going to Northampton. Both of them usually go to most games home and away. I just want a club that feels like mine again.

I normally keep up to date with games I can't get to. So far I have checked the scores the next day. It is strange not feeling upset when we lose. -10 points? Don't even feel upset about that. What has upset me the most is being shown to be right about SISU doing anything they can to get their hands on the Ricoh for peanuts. It is starting to feel like the end of our club. Div 4 here we come. They will never get back the 20m or so they have put in the way they are running our club. I just hope things can be sorted out and my feelings for our club can return

Otis

I don't care if someone thinks we should or shouldn't go anymore. It has gone past that stage for me.

It just doesn't feel like my football team now. I used to plan my time off work around games. The start of the season used to be so important. Last season we started our holiday a couple of days early and stayed near Yeovil so I could get the first game in. We are out of the country at the moment. My wife can't understand why I haven't been looking at games I can get a flight to. It just don't feel as though the season has started.

I am not even sure if I will go to a game this season. I am not alone. Forget about forums. I went to Coventry on my way here to visit family and friends. Neither of the two that I met up with that I meet up with at games are planning to go this season. They have had enough of the debacle. Neither know of anyone going to Northampton. Both of them usually go to most games home and away. I just want a club that feels like mine again.

I normally keep up to date with games I can't get to. So far I have checked the scores the next day. It is strange not feeling upset when we lose. -10 points? Don't even feel upset about that. What has upset me the most is being shown to be right about SISU doing anything they can to get their hands on the Ricoh for peanuts. It is starting to feel like the end of our club. Div 4 here we come. They will never get back the 20m or so they have put in the way they are running our club. I just hope things can be sorted out and my feelings for our club can return

I'm the same Astute. Didn't even know we were playing on Tuesday til someone put a thread on here 'Who's going tonight.'

Cannot get excited, not bothered about listening to the game on the radio, can't be bothered who they sign or don't sign.

I'm just drained of all my enthusiasm.

thaiskyblue

I'm not here to convince you to go, I'm not going. By all means don't go because you've had enough, or you can't face watching the club in Northampton. But all that will happen is the club will make a loss, or it will make a loss.

I often wonder why a club who McGinnity said needed average gates of 22k to break even, will be reaping milk and honey at Northampton, so much so it urgently decides it must stay there.

Moving to Northampton has never been about the revenue at Northampton.

SISU will get what they want, or the club will die. Going or not will not affect that.

In fact I would say those of us not going are more likely to kill the club off quicker, before it even gets the chance to come back. Also, before it even has a chance to be taken over by someone else to bring it back. Those going however will not be culpable in the death of the club.

"spineless, selfish, deluded , ignorant, half wits" is an interesting combination of words.
glad you got that of your wobbly chest Timmy ?

skybluehugh

Again, this thread is NOT about preaching or convincing people to change their mind. Its about putting our differences aside for the good of OUR club

I fully agree with your opening post. But I am afraid City fans will never be in complete agreement about what is best for the club. Some believe going to Sixfields is supporting the team (unless your true sky blue, who openly states he is supporting our "wonderful owners") but are also unwilling to give up watching their team. Then, and I would say the vast majority, think that starving them of money will drive them out of our club. I am one of these. But who am I to judge in either mindset. People in this country should have free will and not be badgered into doing what the majority or minority want. If you can live with your conscience and have no guilt about the stance you have made, then go with it.

The only people I argue with on here are the ones who want to split the blame for what has happened to our club equally between ACL/CCC and our owners and the ones who say ACL should rollover and GIVE the ground to them, just so CCFC are playing in Coventry. That I will never agree with or backdown.

ajsccfc

glad you got that of your wobbly chest Timmy ?

playing-bingo.jpg

its broken my heart not getting a season ticket after 18years and not seeing city apart from away games is going to be very very hard and strange. im going to the ricoh on sunday but will be taking a radio with me.
i will never go to a home game or cup game while sisu are still here, theyre killing the club not me or anybody else boycotting. the people buying a season ticket (and i cant blame them for buying one) are just prolonging the death of ccfc.
thats just my view and i will be criticised or people might agree but thats the point of the forum isnt it?

not one penny more

Badger

I still haven't decided whether to go or not. I think that this week I wil probably choose the Charity match.

I have a problem with NOPM - it makes the club less attractive to a new buyer and a Hedge fund that is not making money or cannot sell for a reasonable price will not think twice about liquidating the whole thing.

If SISU do not get the Ricoh I do not believe they will move CCFC away permanently or build a new ground in/near Coventry. They will have a figures that they are willing to sell for - one with the Ricoh, one without - if they do not get the amount they want they will shut up shop and write off the losses which will be used for other companies in their group to avoid paying tax.

ccfcway

I still haven't decided whether to go or not. I think that this week I wil probably choose the Charity match.

I have a problem with NOPM - it makes the club less attractive to a new buyer and a Hedge fund that is not making money or cannot sell for a reasonable price will not think twice about liquidating the whole thing.

If SISU do not get the Ricoh I do not believe they will move CCFC away permanently or build a new ground in/near Coventry. They will have a figures that they are willing to sell for - one with the Ricoh, one without - if they do not get the amount they want they will shut up shop and write off the losses which will be used for other companies in their group to avoid paying tax.

I'm at the point where if they shut up shop I wont be too unhappy.

Lets start again in COVENTRY and build a team we can all be proud of. You never know, for the 1st time in my life it might actually be a WINNING team as well !!

I'm at the point where if they shut up shop I wont be too unhappy.

Lets start again in COVENTRY and build a team we can all be proud of. You never know, for the 1st time in my life it might actually be a WINNING team as well !!

I've never thought like that tbh. It hurts me to stay away but I feel its the right thing to do. I just think its stupid how we're all falling out over the course of action we take. We're all CCFC fans, we all love the club but we have different views. Everyone does. Theres no reason to fall out over differing views. This is what SISU want. They want us to divide so its easier to take the club away forever, We cant let that happen. So we need to put our differences aside and unite for the good of the club

Blue Maniac

Some people can have an allegiance to a particular football club, but also be interested in football in general without getting caught up in petty local rivalries and the associated blinkered views. As I said, I am interested in what is happening at your club, as it could easily happen at many others (including mine), and from a selfish point of view, it denies us a good day out (short journey, excellent ground & facilities) regardless of the result.
Judging by your name I reckon my club might be your club too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread