Stop talking and start doing something about this ground move (1 Viewer)

The relevant bits of the FL league regulations state;

13.6 Each Club shall register its ground with the Executive and no Club shall remove to another ground without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.

13.7 In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and shall not grant consent unless it is reasonably satisfied that such consent:

13.7.1 would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association;

13.7.2 would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;

13.7.3 would not adversely affect such Club's Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;

On the basis that any move out of Coventry would definitely have an adverse affect on the supporters, local sponsors and club staff who will have taken a job based on being sited in Coventry I feel there is a very strong case for the Football League board to reject any request to move Coventry City outside of Coventry. Now is the time for anyone who cares about our club to start lobbying the Football League to make sure our voice and our objections are heard.

1. Sky Blue Trust (yes I am a member) you need to be writing to to the FL and revealing the outcome of the vote from the emails you have sent out today which I fully expect will be close to 100% against moving.

2. Local politicians have to be contacting the FL (again if they already have) to express the detremental effect this would have on Coventry not just our football club.

3. The fans we either need to be compiling a petition to get this stopped or contacting the FL individually to bombard them with emails and calls to make it very clear why the SISU scum cannot steal our football club.

The other option is do nothing and face our club being the next Wimbledon to MK Dons story.

Grendel

The regulations are already in place so no permenant move will ever be granted.

Not quite that simple they can be granted at the discretion of the FL board I am just saying we need to ensure they don't get fed bullshit by the SISU liars, which is obviously what they are trying to do by contacting SBT for support.

Grendel

It's never going to happen. It's only about 14 weeks before a new season. It's just talk.

Moff

It's never going to happen. It's only about 14 weeks before a new season. It's just talk.

Although Fisher merely suggesting it makes my blood boil, I totally agree and suspect its just some last ditch posturing on his part.

Now he cant threaten anyone who balloons his car with Fifi his dog, he is just going back to normal and seeing how much he can piss the fans off.

Delboycov

Although Fisher merely suggesting it makes my blood boil, I totally agree and suspect its just some last ditch posturing on his part.

Now he cant threaten anyone who balloons his car with Fifi his dog, he is just going back to normal and seeing how much he can piss the fans off.

I agree with that I must admit I haven't been this angry about anything CCFC related since Richardson shafted us with selling the ground. Yes he probably is just playing games...but he's not just playing games with ACL/CCC...he's playing games with us and using our Coventry affinity to score points against his rivals. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what they've done before to hold us to ransom like this is completely unforgiveable.

quinn1971

If they are looking to ground share something would have to be in place before the league fixtures come out.Any time after that would be impossible.The only ground suitable is rushdens ground.Never going to happen.We'll be playing at the RICOH next season as we should be.

Users who are viewing this thread