Stop and search (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

I know fair few teachers and it was first option for all of them. Just my experience.
I think they're mad!

Really? Contrasting experiences, both my parents work in education. Both say new staff are just using it as a back up and schools are taking them as they are desperate

clint van damme

Really? Contrasting experiences, both my parents work in education. Both say new staff are just using it as a back up and schools are taking them as they are desperate

A close friend, a couple of relatives and a fair few of my friends kids.
All chose it as their profession all moan like fuck about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

True in some schools not in others. Grammars and private schools tend to have more luxury of choice

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just going on from the schools thing - I got in touch with my old Primary school in Rubery, Birmingham a while ago because they would be celebrating their 60th anniversary this year. As a pupil there, 60 years ago, they asked me if I would like to come in and chat to year 6 pupils about how it was when I was there. Long story short, I bloody loved it! The kids were amazing, intelligent questions from them, well behaved and very interested in my life there from 60 years ago. I've been asked back later in the year.
Also, going on from government spending in the public sector, I champion the NHS at every opportunity but I get bloody angry that so much money is wasted! I take 17 tablets a day, my missus is on a similar amount. Due to my blood sugar levels being a bit higher than normal, I was asked to go on insulin for my diabetes rather than medication. Anyway, I tried it for a week or two but didn't like sticking constant needles into my body so asked to revert back to tablets. They said ok and I asked the nurse what shall I do with the unused insulin? She said to take it back to the pharmacy and they would dispose of it! What a waste! It's the same with any unused medication. Once issued, they won't take it back - even unused and unopened. My question is, why cant these things be sent to 3rd world countries where I'm sure they would welcome medical supplies!

Users who are viewing this thread