Stoke's stash (1 Viewer)

Skybluesman

Where did they suddenly get all their cash from?!

Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones, that's a seriously tall partnership....

cov_russell

Facebook User
They've been in the Prem for a good few seasons and haven't really spent massively in any of them. They sell out their stadium, which they own ;) , almost every game so must have been keeping their bank balance looking pretty healthy.

Skybluesman

Only in Prem since 08-09 with a capacity of 27,500... hmmm. Doesn't add up to me.

£20 mill spent on three players today... I think it's another symptom of the inflationary madness that's afflicting the game...

Skybluesman

Well, we'll have to agree to differ on that one
icon7.png

If only Cov had a twentieth of that amount to spend...

cov_russell

Facebook User
We can only dream ... at least we know that at some point SISU will be out, some new outfit will be in, spend a couple of million and then fail miserably as well. Ahhhh, the life of a Sky Blue.:D

Ernie Machin

Exactly, Stoke have done it the proper way - good management and a solid financial base.

Pulis has built them from next to nothing and they are now a pretty stable Premier League team. To maintain that stability, they have to push on and become ambitious - without destroying themselves financially. Portsmouth were in a similar position a few years back, but they bought utter garbage and loaded themselves with contracts that no-one else would touch. To me, Stoke are the blueprint for any side that has permanent Premier League ambitions.

Skybluesman

Up until now I think they've shown admirable management – financial and footballing; but I think they've over-reached themselves. I reckon two out of three of their signings are a bit dicky. Palacios I can see fitting in, but £10 million for Crouch who'll turn 31 during the season and has a goal every 3.5 games?! Cameron Jerome's strike rate is even worse. One every five games for Brum...

We'll see.
icon7.png

Disorganised1

Once we were the blueprint for how a small club could maintain a position in the top league.............

Sub

they are a well run club with a board that belives in the manager and have spent wisely and not beyond there meens, they are very well supported to now there in the premership. good club to model ours on.:thinking about::thinking about::claping hands::claping hands:

bishbosh

I admire Stoke for their achievements and the way they've gone about it; trouble is as they're my Dad's team he likes to remind me how they're doing from time to time.

Coventry La La La

De de de de der hoof!!
De de de der,
De de de de der hoof!!
De de de der,
De de de de der hoof!!
De de de der,
De de de de der hoof!!!
De de de der,
De de de de der hoof!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread