Stokes signs... (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Or hr could turn out to be like Danny Fix who I hadn't heard of and signed from lower league. Never any guarantees in football and could be useless, but lets give the lad a chance. Les Ferdinand and Ian wright were non league, I can't think qpr fans and palace fans were thriller when they first signed.

Ferdinand and Wright weren't reserves in non-league though, were they? It's quite extraordinary that a L1 club has signed a Conference sides reserve LB. I hope he does well, but I doubt that he will based on the simple fact that he can't get in a side 2 divisions below us!

Nonleagueherewecome

Don't forget Cyrille Regis ...Hayes to Albion.

Hayes reserves, was that?

Look, we signed Hussey when he was the best LB in the Conference and he wasn't good enough. Signing someone who isn't in the top 10 LB's in the division isn't going to work! He's been signed by our new/next manager as one of his mates. Like Adams with Watson and Impey or Jim Smith and Carbonari and Trollope. And we know how they worked out too, don't we?!?

To anyone who was there, how did he play today? I might get a shirt from the club shop with "Stokes" on the ba...oh :facepalm::facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe somebody choose them as parent club rather than feeder club on the setting like in football manager?

And how in FM, players who are "liked" by a manager will often re-sign for them (I hope Telfer was "liked" by Strachan in it...and Webster by Pressley!)

Brighton Sky Blue

When I first saw this I thought we'd somehow managed to get Anthony Stokes from Celtic. The reality made a lot more sense.

mark82

Think the lad proved a few wrong yesterday. Looked far better defensively when he was on the pitch.

ccfcway

Think the lad proved a few wrong yesterday. Looked far better defensively when he was on the pitch.

He grew into the game and got better as it went on. When it was 11v11 he wasnt very solid at all, but got better.

Time will tell.

Grendel

He grew into the game and got better as it went on. When it was 11v11 he wasnt very solid at all, but got better.

Time will tell.

Every one else who went rated his performance.

Also most say his departure and the introduction of Haynes was a major factor in not winning.

ccfcway

Every one else who went rated his performance.

Also most say his departure and the introduction of Haynes was a major factor in not winning.

as i said, he grew into the game and looks better as it went along and Sheff Utd went down to 10, as did pretty much every player.

Whats your point, are you wanting me to say he played poor so you can say i am in the minority, or are you wanting me to say he played great so you can say "told you so" ?

Users who are viewing this thread