Stokes released by FGR (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

Should definitely take a punt on James Norwood! Scores goals classy player sure he's been released to find a higher club

Samo

Odd timing. We do not know if TM will be staying whereas we might by this time next week. And I imagine his contract would be up to the end of June as is usual.

pusbccfc

He is probably on wages in the hundreds. For that he is easily good enough for the bench. Obviously loves playing here and always puts in 100%.

stupot07

Is it worth signing him as back up when we already have Haynes as back up? We will inevitably have to sign a first choice, do we need 3 senior left backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

FRY-CCFC

Is it worth signing him as back up when we already have Haynes as back up? We will inevitably have to sign a first choice, do we need 3 senior left backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

At the moment, Stokes>Haynes. Could do with sending Haynes out on loan.

rupert_bear

Stokes is a decent defender, left sided, quite tall, keep him for definite, let him get a good pre-season down him and get his fitness levels up, that was his problem this season, fitness. If TM stays he will have a decent manager to help him too.

skybluetony176

Sign him up I say.

I was impressed by the way he stepped up and like others have said with a full pre-season under his belt and improved fitness levels that come from being a full time pro will benefit him and should improve his game.

wingy

Yep
Worth a go
Didn't see more than about five times and seemed generally solid
Like some above he has other attributes too, a good learner as well, TM's very own words

chiefdave

He can't cost much in wages, a decent enough squad player. No problem with offering him a contract but if he asks for silly money not worth pursuing.

Users who are viewing this thread