Stoke Ratings (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I never get to start these! A chance for people to say wtf as I put my head over the parapit.

Wilson 6.5 - unsure how to mark him. Clean sheet, didn't do anything wrong, but never really tested either.
Latibeaudiere - 8 - thought he did alright at RB, and alright at midfield. Extra point for being adaptable enough to do both and not look particularly out of place. Shored us up when we needed it.
Thomas 8 - mainly for the block at the end and a crunching tackle. A couple of times where he needed to just put his foot through it and didn't.
Binks 7 - given who we were playing, this reminded me of some of Michael Rose's games for us. Not bad, but his passing was all over the place. Also not 100% convincing at times in defence, and seemed to be slightly out of position on occasion.
DaSilva 8 - very good going forward. Defensively solid on one-on-ones, but out of position a couple of times and could have been punished. I just don't see where, regardless of his abilities as a footballer, he easily fits into a team as there's no position on the pitch he seems ideally suited to.
Eccles 7. Nothing outstanding, but kept it solid.
Torp 6 - I actually agreed to bring him off, he looked to be creative but it wasn't quite working.
O'Hare 6 - guilty of overruning it at times when a simple pass was in order, tried to create but didn't really look effective.

And now...

Wright 5 - this was going to be lower as generally he was poor, but he did show calmness towards the end when we were up against it to hold onto the ball and offer an outlet. His touch looks non-existent, until you see...
Simms 8.5 MotM. And this is despite the fact that his first touch is always an accidental pass! Good old fashioned centre forward display though, the defence will know they've been in a game as he got at them time after time and battled hard. Good finish for the goal too.
Tavares 6 - kind of hard to mark, and not on the pitch where he never really got free. Lovely cross, but we did enjoy playing long floated passes to him and he's far too slight for that kind of thing, he's never going to win them.

van Eijk 6.5 - I have no view but we didn't concede.
Palmer 6 - Very Palmer! Overplayed it at times, should have just walloped it near the end and it nearly cost us, but did look more of a footballer than Tavares, and a couple of decent tackles.

Terry_dactyl

I never get to start these! A chance for people to say wtf as I put my head over the parapit.

Wilson 6.5 - unsure how to mark him. Clean sheet, didn't do anything wrong, but never really tested either.
Latibeaudiere - 8 - thought he did alright at RB, and alright at midfield. Extra point for being adaptable enough to do both and not look particularly out of place. Shored us up when we needed it.
Thomas 8 - mainly for the block at the end and a crunching tackle. A couple of times where he needed to just put his foot through it and didn't.
Binks 7 - given who we were playing, this reminded me of some of Michael Rose's games for us. Not bad, but his passing was all over the place. Also not 100% convincing at times in defence, and seemed to be slightly out of position on occasion.
DaSilva 8 - very good going forward. Defensively solid on one-on-ones, but out of position a couple of times and could have been punished. I just don't see where, regardless of his abilities as a footballer, he easily fits into a team as there's no position on the pitch he seems ideally suited to.
Eccles 7. Nothing outstanding, but kept it solid.
Torp 6 - I actually agreed to bring him off, he looked to be creative but it wasn't quite working.
O'Hare 6 - guilty of overruning it at times when a simple pass was in order, tried to create but didn't really look effective.

And now...

Wright 5 - this was going to be lower as generally he was poor, but he did show calmness towards the end when we were up against it to hold onto the ball and offer an outlet. His touch looks non-existent, until you see...
Simms 8.5 MotM. And this is despite the fact that his first touch is always an accidental pass! Good old fashioned centre forward display though, the defence will know they've been in a game as he got at them time after time and battled hard. Good finish for the goal too.
Tavares 6 - kind of hard to mark, and not on the pitch where he never really got free. Lovely cross, but we did enjoy playing long floated passes to him and he's far too slight for that kind of thing, he's never going to win them.

van Eijk 6.5 - I have no view but we didn't concede.
Palmer 6 - Very Palmer! Overplayed it at times, should have just walloped it near the end and it nearly cost us, but did look more of a footballer than Tavares, and a couple of decent tackles.
How have you written all that so quickly!?! Impressive.
I reckon your scores are spot on!
The thing I can say about Tavares is that he didn’t look out of place. I’m not entirely sure what he did but he didn’t look out of place.

DannyThomas_1981

Wright was instrumental for the goal. His influence on games is always there - even when not on top form. I think Torp was taken off as he had a knock - to me he looked very decent.

rob9872

Wilson 7
Lati 7
Thomas 8
Binks 7
Dasilva 7
Eccles 7
Torp 6
O’Hare 7
Wright 5
Simms 8
Tavares 6

Perryccfc

Wilson 6 - had bugger all to do
JDS 6
Thomas 7
Binks 7
Lati 6.5
Eccles 6.5
Torp 6
O’Hare 6
Wright 2 - looked like he won a competition to play
Tavares 4
Simms 7

MVE 6
Palmer 6

Tired performance. Worst I’ve seen Haji.

Happy with the win and as someone else mentioned it’s 3 not great performances in a week which has resulted in 7 points. Can’t grumble at that.

slowpoke

I’d say ten players 7 and I’d make Simms mom, he did what a centre-forward should do work the line and take his chance that’s all I want from him let’s hope it continues. Wright I’ll give just five we were playing with nine outfield today most of the match but we won that’s what it’s all about. Hope Torps ill & not injured injured we missed him second half.
Talk Sheaf is fit that would be like a new signing.

stupot07

Wilson 7
Lati 6
Thomas 8
Binks 7
JDS 7
Torp 6
Eccles 6
Tavares 6
O'Hare 6
Wright 4
Simms 7.5

Subs

MVE 6
Palmer 6
Bidwell n/a

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Five days off, Saka O’Hare both had a full rest and MvE half a match, hope that means we’re going full bore against Preston. Need a win there cos it’s tighter than a nuns nasty at the moment.
Depends how well / quickly Sakamoto recovers I guess. Maybe Tavares is set for a run of games, and we'll actually need to rest him vs Maidstone!

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson 7
Lati 6
Thomas 7
Binks 6
JD 6
Eccles 6
Torp 6
Wright 4
COH 6
Tavares 6
Simms 8 MOTM

Subs
MVE 6
Bidwell N/A
Palmer 6

Johhny Blue

Wilson 6 - had bugger all to do
JDS 6
Thomas 7
Binks 7
Lati 6.5
Eccles 6.5
Torp 6
O’Hare 6
Wright 2 - looked like he won a competition to play
Tavares 4
Simms 7

MVE 6
Palmer 6

Tired performance. Worst I’ve seen Haji.

Happy with the win and as someone else mentioned it’s 3 not great performances in a week which has resulted in 7 points. Can’t grumble at that.
Why 4 for Tavares. He didn’t really do anything wrong. Got into some great positions (isn’t that a thing now) and wasn’t spotted. Didn ‘t overplay on the wing and did his part in defence

pusbccfc

I think Wright's work ethic was better today but those efforts in the final third were really, really poor. He was unhappy with him self. First down the tunnel.

Warwickhunt

I hope Torp is not too bad! I couldn't stand seeing Eccles taking freekicks and corners😡 WTF do we do in training our throw ins are so shit.

olderskyblue

Simms should have had 2, except Wright was too greedy

MalcSB

Five days off, Saka O’Hare both had a full rest and MvE half a match, hope that means we’re going full bore against Preston. Need a win there cos it’s tighter than a nuns nasty at the moment.
O’Hare had a full rest?

Londonccfcfan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Wright is a rating of 4.

He never hot out of first gear. Hope this isn't the Wright of first 4 months of season re appearing.

Wilson 6...had nothing to do.
Lats 6.5
Thomas 7
Binks 7
Da Salva 6.5
Topr 6
Eccles 6
Ohare 6...not his usual high standards.
Wright 4
Simms 7.5..Just about motm.
Tavaras. 6

Palmer 5
Van Ewick. 6

skyblue_55

Thomas & Simms , both 8’s
Tavares , 1 cross is not hoping his cause 3
Wright , his worst game to date ….4
The remaining players 6’s
Made such hard work, against arguably the worst Stoke side I’ve ever come across .

TomRad85

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Wright is a rating of 4.

He never hot out of first gear. Hope this isn't the Wright of first 4 months of season re appearing.

Wilson 6...had nothing to do.
Lats 6.5
Thomas 7
Binks 7
Da Salva 6.5
Topr 6
Eccles 6
Ohare 6...not his usual high standards.
Wright 4
Simms 7.5..Just about motm.
Tavaras. 6

Palmer 5
Van Ewick. 6
1. Wright wasn't bad for 4 months.
2. It's 1 game...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

I think some people write this shit because they think the players might get a lift from it if reading.Nice thought but reality is,
Wilson was fine, Thomas was excellent, Binks is not Kitching, Callum is a class act ( the Stoke commentators raved about him ) , Wright and Tavares were not great, Simms apart from the goal wasn’t great really. The rest were bang average. Thankfully collectively we were enough to beat a poor Stoke side who wasted the chances they did create.
Robins is a genius ! The spirit is excellent, let’s keep working these results week by week.

Users who are viewing this thread