Stoke in for King? (1 Viewer)

It sounds like it's a two horse race for King's signature between us and Stoke City. However, Im not sure how reliable the source is, as I heard it from 2 friends on Twitter! Surely if there's any truth in this, he would go to Stoke to play at the highest level?

Thoughts?

redsox

Facebook User
I know a few stokies and they haven't heard anything concrete yet, just rumours like yourself. How often do you think he would play for the potters? Not as often as he'd like would be my guess!

covladzak

Stoke pay well above the odds for players....:wave:Bye Bye Marlon..Those Stoke Birds will slap the taste out of your mouth...:D:D:D

That's the stumbling block by the sound of it. AB is good mates with King, and AB was the first to back him and offer him a second chance. Surely he can't be that disloyal as to reject Aidy?

However, the point of him being a bit low in the striking order at Stoke, maybe somewhat untrue. Mamasy Sidibe snapped his Achilles at the weekend, and didn't Kenwyne Jones get injured in Stoke's opening game?

Hmmm. Time will tell.

redsox

Facebook User
That's the stumbling block by the sound of it. AB is good mates with King, and AB was the first to back him and offer him a second chance. Surely he can't be that disloyal as to reject Aidy?

However, the point of him being a bit low in the striking order at Stoke, maybe somewhat untrue. Mamasy Sidibe snapped his Achilles at the weekend, and didn't Kenwyne Jones get injured in Stoke's opening game?

Hmmm. Time will tell.

Indeed, but Jones' injury wasn't as bad as they first thought , he is due back shortly. Sidibe didn't play every week ,they probably have reasonable cover as is. But who knows, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong!!:)

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Stoke boss Tony Pulis has told the reporters that they are in the market for a striker as Sidibe is out for the season. But I personally doubt that they will go for a striker that hasn't played in two years as they are trying to move up in the premier league. Reports have also linked Stoke with striker Peter Crouch but the gaffa said he ould be too expensive for them.

Marlon has a strong connection with Aidy so i think that will play a big part in his decision, but saying this, the rumour he is going to stoke is not layed in solid concrete so it might not even be true.

Users who are viewing this thread