Stoke game likely to be postponed (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

It would be odd for the club to announce a match day offer if they knew a cancellation were imminent

David O'Day

It would be odd for the club to announce a match day offer if they knew a cancellation were imminent

Yeah unless someone hasn't told the socila media team the club are stillin flog pop and crisps and please don't ask for a photo on match day mode

CovBrummie94

Doubt the EFL will say no. Wouldn't be a good look to refuse it.

Not sure what the rules are with covid cancellations. Looking at the premier league for example Leicester were refused a cancellation until today despite asking for one earlier this week. It’s only because they’ve had more cases this morning that it’s finally been cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

They played QPR at Loftus Rd on 5th December
QPR have had a major Covid outbreak since then and closed their training ground
I heard Stoke have half a dozen unavailable due to Covid
If they're saying they caught it at QPR I guess the EFL will find it difficult to refuse to postpone our game

David O'Day

Don't know tbh. I just wildly speculated with no knowledge of the rules.

Apologies.

The UEFA and EPL guidelines are if there are 14 fit senior players then the game should go ahead. While it's now been called off due to even more cases the EPL said no to calling off the Leicester vs. Spurs game when Leicester had 9 players out.

David O'Day

They played QPR at Loftus Rd on 5th December
QPR have had a major Covid outbreak since then and closed their training ground
I heard Stoke have half a dozen unavailable due to Covid
If they're saying they caught it at QPR I guess the EFL will find it difficult to refuse to postpone our game

1) How can they say where they caught it? If they can they need to get in touch with Health Security England to tell them how ;)

2) As I said the EPL has said no to Leicester when they presented 9 cases.

David O'Day

It will probably be called off but the league has rules and it really should stick to them

Terry Gibson's perm

My lad will be happy as he can’t go as he has covid, but if it goes to midweek I might struggle to get the night off.

robbiekeane

I actually just cant be fucking arsed anymore

Christmas party today cancelled last minute with people i haven't seen in 2 years.

Thought well at least ive got the footy to look forward to haven't been to see us live in 2 years either. Of course that'll be fucking cancelled

Just fuck it all

larry_david

I actually just cant be fucking arsed anymore

Christmas party today cancelled last minute with people i haven't seen in 2 years.

Thought well at least ive got the footy to look forward to haven't been to see us live in 2 years either. Of course that'll be fucking cancelled

Just fuck it all
Yep, the most wonderful time of the year and the world has kicked us to our knees and slit our throats once again.

Fuck it, December should be pushed back to March and we start Xmas again.

Users who are viewing this thread