Stoke Forum (1 Viewer)

Otis

Will be interesting to see what kind of team he puts out if he is still in a job, especially after resting players against Chelsea. Will give a lot away about how much pressure he is really under. I'm sure under 'normal' circumstances a few fringe players would get a run but is he thinking short term about his job or about his long term team plans?
He will surely put out his strongest 11. Lose this and he will surely be sacked.

Liquid Gold

He will surely put out his strongest 11. Lose this and he will surely be sacked.
Which the players know. If he has actually lost the dressing room then you could expect them not to turn up in order to get rid of him. If I were a betting man I'd be looking at this game as one of the most likely to be an upset.

Modcons86

Which the players know. If he has actually lost the dressing room then you could expect them not to turn up in order to get rid of him. If I were a betting man I'd be looking at this game as one of the most likely to be an upset.
Us and Luton double looks a decent outside bet.

Hobo

Yes, and the team as a whole needs to start winning anyway...so you would go with what you think is your fittest and best team. It's an opportunity to restore a bit of confidence without the pressure of the league.

standupforcity

Yes, and the team as a whole needs to start winning anyway...so you would go with what you think is your fittest and best team. It's an opportunity to restore a bit of confidence without the pressure of the league.
And yeah..why not risk a few injuries at the same time!!

Gint11

Tricky game for Stoke. On paper it’s a comfortable win even though they are struggling, let’s be honest, there is sill a gulf in class.
However the cup can spring surprises. I think Hughes will play a strong line up as he’s on for the sack.

A sneaky win would be marvellous but I feel we will get beat. I am praying we don’t get injuries. We need to establish top 3 slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

On the Crouch/DKE height theme, the offal and wikipedia has DevKE listed as 177cm! I find that very hard to believe. Maybe it's his slight frame but he's genuinely looked like the smallest player I've ever seen on a pitch. Alan Wright was 163cm and Roberto Carlos 168cm in comparison

Otis

On the Crouch/DKE height theme, the offal and wikipedia has DevKE listed as 177cm! I find that very hard to believe. Maybe it's his slight frame but he's genuinely looked like the smallest player I've ever seen on a pitch. Alan Wright was 163cm and Roberto Carlos 168cm in comparison
DKE is NOT 5' 9"!!

The only way that figure is accurate is if one of the DKE's is standing on top of the other DKE

Mucca Mad Boys

Crouch hat rick, a solid win for Stoke as it should be, but it won't save Hughes from the sack.
Lets concentrate on the league, we are only tenuously in 3rd place and face some tough looking fixtures coming up.

This may sound counterintuitive, but I think it’s actually better we have a tough run of games coming up. Our record against the best teams would probably have us top of the league, our record against the top 9 is 7-1-1 (however, losses to 10th, 11th and 12th). Frustratingly, we’ve mainly struggled against the struggling teams in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread