Stoke City Fan In Peace (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Yup. Put it in your Mowbray dossier. ;)

Absolutely loved the bloke at the start of that first season and thought he could do no wrong, but then it all went horribly downhill.

Shame. Nice bloke, but ended up being a poor manager for us.
His Mowbray dossier is stuck shut now.

Captain Dart

Ha, ha!

He ended up being a poor manager. At the end. We all know it.

You can give it, but you can't take it can you? ;)
Not sure he is. Isn't he creeping towards the play-offs with Blackburn. Top of form table ATM.
upload_2019-1-31_13-53-57.png

Otis

stop flip flopping. you said hes crap. end of
Never flip flopped.

Trawl back through the posts and threads and you will see I thought he was a great manager at first, but when it went wrong it truly went wrong and even he himself admitted he was a failure here and had to go.

Captain Dart

For us!

Poor manager for us. We have other managers who were a success elsewhere, but failed here (Reid, Coleman, Adams etc).

I am talking about for us only.
I think he lost interest and the last 1/2 season it was a mistake him staying on.
Persuaded to by Venus but heart wasn't in it & his head wasn't focussed on the task, just going through the motions.

Otis

I think he lost interest and the last 1/2 season it was a mistake him staying on.
Persuaded to by Venus but heart wasn't in it & his head wasn't focussed on the task, just going through the motions.
Agree.

Never wanted a manager to succeed as much as I did with Mowbray. I really warmed to him at first, but then he lost the plot.

Glad he is doing well at Blackburn, but he ended up being a poor manager for us. Took us from very top place to bottom of the table.

Captain Dart

Joy Division

Doing well for Blackburn, clearly learnt from the mistakes he made at Coventry.

rob9872

Thought he was going to be a great manager and looked that way at first, but ended up being a bad manager.

Very simple to understand. Ultimately he was very poor.
Zeppo?

Captain Dart

Niksaval

Ok, so we may not look like a turmoil club from the outside, and if I’m dramatising it is hard to say, but we have some massive issues at this club, mainly poor ethic from the players who seem to think they’re owed the world. We also have two morons at the club who keep messing everything up - Mark Cartwright who, last season, spent a total of I believe £48 million on 3 players (Saido Berahino, Kevin Wimmee & Giannelli Imbula) who, two of which is on loan now and one is a striker who has only netted something rediculous like 3 goals in 40 games (swap for Hiwula and Chaplin? ;pp). The other being Tony Scholes who is a general director, who has generally directed our way into 4 managers in 13 months, 3 consecutive early FA Cup knockouts and a lax attitude to our relegation season. The board discussed the Relegation threat mid way between the 2017/18 season and said ‘they don’t know what all the fuss is about’. We also have the 13th largest losses in the whole of European football despite being what was a mediocre Premier League team and now a mediocre Championship team.

Trust me, you’ll be in the Premier League before we will.

Otis

Ok, so we may not look like a turmoil club from the outside, and I’m dramatising it is hard to say, but we have some massive issues at this club, mainly poor ethic from the players who seem to think they’re owed the world. We also have two morons at the club who keep messing everything up - Mark Cartwright who, last season, spent a total of I believe £48 million on 3 players (Saido Berahino, Kevin Wimmee & Giannelli Imbula) who, two of which is on loan now and one is a striker who has only netted something rediculous like 3 goals in 40 games (swap for Hiwula and Chaplin? ;pp). The other being Tony Scholes who is a general director, who has generally directed our way into 4 managers in 13 months, 3 consecutive early FA Cup knockouts and a lax attitude to our relegation season. The board discussed the Relegation threat mid way between the 2017/18 season and said ‘they don’t know what all the fuss is about’. We also have the 13th largest losses in the whole of European football despite being what was a mediocre Premier League team and now a mediocre Championship team.

You were one of the hot favourites to go up this season weren't you?

Niksaval

You were one of the hot favourites to go up this season weren't you?
No we were predicted 1st. Though no Stoke fan with a brain legitimately thought we would.

Ohhh I read it as ‘not favourites’ I get you.

We were indeed but I think there was an underlying fear that we’d do a Sunderland.

Nick

Administrator
Ok, so we may not look like a turmoil club from the outside, and I’m dramatising it is hard to say, but we have some massive issues at this club, mainly poor ethic from the players who seem to think they’re owed the world. We also have two morons at the club who keep messing everything up - Mark Cartwright who, last season, spent a total of I believe £48 million on 3 players (Saido Berahino, Kevin Wimmee & Giannelli Imbula) who, two of which is on loan now and one is a striker who has only netted something rediculous like 3 goals in 40 games (swap for Hiwula and Chaplin? ;pp). The other being Tony Scholes who is a general director, who has generally directed our way into 4 managers in 13 months, 3 consecutive early FA Cup knockouts and a lax attitude to our relegation season. The board discussed the Relegation threat mid way between the 2017/18 season and said ‘they don’t know what all the fuss is about’. We also have the 13th largest losses in the whole of European football despite being what was a mediocre Premier League team and now a mediocre Championship team.

So you had an issue with scouting and the managers spending money? That isn't turmoil.

You have spent more on Afobe than our whole squad (and club) is worth.

Have a word with yourself. Like I said, "Turmoil" and "plight" now seems to be the fashionable thing. Turn Talksport off and back away from the internet.

Niksaval

So you had an issue with scouting and the managers spending money? That isn't turmoil.

You have spent more on Afobe than our whole squad (and club) is worth.

Have a word with yourself. Like I said, "Turmoil" and "plight" now seems to be the fashionable thing. Turn Talksport off and back away from the internet.
Well, if we were a League 1 team I’d agree but we were in the Prem. As I’ve said, I may be dramatising it somewhat, but if the players play bad it doesn’t matter how much you’ve spent. You’d make a better go of the game against Preston than we would.

Nick

Administrator
Well, if we were a League 1 team I’d agree but we were in the Prem. As I’ve said, I may be dramatising it somewhat, but if the players play bad it doesn’t matter how much you’ve spent. You’d make a better go of the game against Preston than we would.
That's not turmoil or in any way similar to clubs with actual problems.

You should probably have signed up on an arsenal forum to discuss your woes, they are closer to your situation

Joy Division

No we were predicted 1st. Though no Stoke fan with a brain legitimately thought we would.

Ohhh I read it as ‘not favourites’ I get you.

We were indeed but I think there was an underlying fear that we’d do a Sunderland.

You aren't in turmoil, you've just been used to Premier League football for too long and obviously still haven't quite gotten over being relegated. The world doesn't owe Stoke City Premier League football and you are 15th in the league so not quite panic stations yet.

Grendel

For us!

Poor manager for us. We have other managers who were a success elsewhere, but failed here (Reid, Coleman, Adams etc).

I am talking about for us only.

According to ccfc4life logic Adams was a huge success here

Grendel

Hi everyone. I’m a Stoke City Fan, however I’ve been a long admirer of your club and I have been managing you in every addition of FM since 2011 (if that’s not convinced you nothing will ;p). Now, I come from a club in termoil (Stoke), and I assume that you are likewise, considering the board’s financial situation (correct me if I’m wrong).

So, I have a few questions, one of which is to settle a debate with a friend, and the other is to get a good idea of the fan’s idea of how the club is doing right now.

1) What’re your opinions on Stoke? (Friend says you’d hate us, I said you wouldn’t, because Stoke have no issue with yous I believe)
2) What’s the whole situation with the Ricoh? Why is it like, so far away? Is it hard having to travel so far to get to the ground?
3) What’s your manager like? Does he play good football, and are you happy with him?

Have a nice day lads.

*EDIT

Weirdo

Users who are viewing this thread