Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

You can find good players in all leagues, hence my point about good players leaving sooner are causing the leagues to turn to shit. Strange direction for the thread and odd that Slowpoke would mention the Romanian league specifically.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Why not ?

Astute

Does anyone remember Moldovan? He scored the only goal for our first ever win at Villa Park. WGS didn't play him as he wanted so he left after a year. Hard as fuck.

skyblue_55

Moldovan ….at the same time as Dublin .
I remember going to St James Park & Dublin played centre half that day & marked Alan Shearer !
We came away with a 0 - 0 draw ……if only he didn’t get greedy , he could have become a great No 5 🤣🤣

Deity

I remember going to St James Park & Dublin played centre half that day & marked Alan Shearer !
We came away with a 0 - 0 draw ……if only he didn’t get greedy , he could have become a great No 5 🤣🤣
I think the truth at the time was that Dublin was happy to go and the club were happy for him to go if the money was right. Financially we were a mess at the time.

fernandopartridge

I think the truth at the time was that Dublin was happy to go and the club were happy for him to go if the money was right. Financially we were a mess at the time.
Not sure that's true, we broke our transfer record 3 times in less than 2 years after selling him

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Just read this on the Stoke forum:

Stoke haven't beat us in Stoke since 2006

The one that confidently states, "we are a better team than Coventry" too... interesting to know what that is based on as clearly not league position, current form, manager, playing squad. Not sure what that leaves? I'd probably only take about 3 or 4 of their players in our whole matchday squad.

Astute

Dublin was a free agent. He could have chosen what side he went to and commanded a huge signing on fee. But he signed a new contract with us. The problem was Richardson then started to pimp him around before the ink was even dry.

Skyblueweeman

The one that confidently states, "we are a better team than Coventry" too... interesting to know what that is based on as clearly not league position, current form, manager, playing squad. Not sure what that leaves? I'd probably only take about 3 or 4 of their players in our whole matchday squad.

Seriously?! Ha!

They've lost almost twice as many games as us this season, scored just 60% of the goals we have, have finished 14th the last two seasons in the league - we're 5th and 12th. What planet is that person on?!

wingy

I've just read they're thinking of jettisoning Schumacher as well, although I think it's wild speculation on the NewsNow site.

SkyBlueChris

Not sure that's true, we broke our transfer record 3 times in less than 2 years after selling him

Not sure that was all the clubs money though. Wasn't it the directors buying the players and pocketing the profit from sales. Defo for Keane and Bellamy anyway!

Mucca Mad Boys

Maybe he is pissed off with constantly being asked the same questions and having to keep giving the same answers.

And of course he would have loved to have been able to bring in more players. What manager wouldn't ? But we're aiming for quality over quantity. Robins has spent over 20m in the last 6 months. Some seasons he's been lucky to have 200k to spend.

Some people need to have a bit of a reality check.

Considering we had to resort to the likes of Burroughs, Howley, Maguire, Dabo and so on last season… we’re so much stronger this season.

I’m glad MR was on the radio this morning saying he needs to rotate players this next few games. The whole adage of ‘never change a winning team’ or ‘always play your best team’ is well and good until fatigue kicks.

One of the reasons Man City tend to dominate in the final half of a league season is because their squad management is the best.

In the summer, Robins will be working towards having strong 1-2 strong options in every position.

Mucca Mad Boys

Maybe he is pissed off with constantly being asked the same questions and having to keep giving the same answers.

And of course he would have loved to have been able to bring in more players. What manager wouldn't ? But we're aiming for quality over quantity. Robins has spent over 20m in the last 6 months. Some seasons he's been lucky to have 200k to spend.

Some people need to have a bit of a reality check.

Considering we had to resort to the likes of Burroughs, Howley, Maguire, Dabo and so on last season… we’re so much stronger this season.

I’m glad MR was on the radio this morning saying he needs to rotate players this next few games. The whole adage of ‘never change a winning team’ or ‘always play your best team’ is well and good until fatigue kicks.

One of the reasons Man City tend to dominate in the final half of a league season is because their squad management is the best.

In the summer, Robins will be working towards having strong 1-2 strong options in every position.

Matt smith

Their fans are saying they could get play offs on that forum

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just read this on the Stoke forum:

We should beat these clowns.

Stoke haven't beat us in Stoke since 2006

Mark Robins should put this up in the dressing room before the game on Saturday.

Last edited:

Ricketts

Just had a peep at their forum. The general consensus is that their defence is shit and slow.

so deffo Sakamoto to run amok.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just had a peep at their forum. The general consensus is that their defence is shit and slow.

so deffo Sakamoto to run amok.

And Callum O'HARE. 🙏🙏🙏

pusbccfc

Managed to bag a couple in the Stoke end. 👌

Not difficult, they have more empty seats these days than we did in the League 1 days.

hamertime

Does anyone remember Moldovan? He scored the only goal for our first ever win at Villa Park. WGS didn't play him as he wanted so he left after a year. Hard as fuck.
Didnt he miss a sitter away to Sheff U in the cup, can remeber him getting a lot of stick from fans. Scored against england too when they beat us in the world cup.

Johhny Blue

I remember him getting emergency centre half duty at Leicester and scoring two

slowpoke

Strachan tried everything to get him to play centre-half but Dion wouldn’t have it, whether that signalled the end of him here not sure, there were other reasons he eventually left.

Users who are viewing this thread