Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (4 Viewers)

Bugsy

SlowerThanPlatt

looks like its only a loan but could be wrong

It was in their press release that they have the option to sign him permanently, probably irrelevant to mention in ours for a player who’s never played for the first team.

fernandopartridge

If playing a second-string team against Maidstone is apparently out of the question then we will need to make wholesale changes for this game.

It's a squad game - there isn't a second string as such there are >11 players deemed good enough. There is no reason to play youth team players, they'll just manage player fatigue by rotation.

mmttww

Best possible team against these and Preston.

We can rest a few against Maidstone.

Yeah, with this 100%.

'Best Possible' might mean resting MvE or Torp across those two games...

but if they can start without risk of injury, do it! Make subs when we can.

Alkhen

Would doubt it's fatigue for Torp, he had a month or so off before joining. Probably more getting up with the pace of the Championship and conditioning to build his stamina, I'd say he should play a part in the upcoming games.

He has been excellent so far and is pretty much the only player we have who can play defence splitting balls to our attackers. Something that has been sorely missed and made perfectly good strikers look poor

SkyB

Personally think there's not much between Kitch and Binks. Key difference is Kitch will be here next season, so gets the nod over Binks every time.

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s all opinions but I respectfully suggest you look closer.
As for last night Binks would have just taken the ball off either of Plymouths scorers.
The second goal which was down Van Ewijk’s side and deflected in? What would Binks have done?

covcity4life

Collins
Da Silva
Thomas
Kitching
Mve
Eccles
Torp
O hare
Wright
Saka
Simms

Draw not end of world but a win be great going into massive game Vs Preston

TomRad85

Romanian football not the standard it was then! I'd assumed that was a move to a lower league team, not the top flight!
It's a shame a lot of the smaller European leagues are going this way, some used to be half decent. I quite enjoy laughing at the Scottish league but only because its Scotland, its actually quite sad but basically anyone who's half decent is leaving these types of leagues pretty quickly these days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Dasilva
Torp Latibeaudiere
Sakamoto Ohare Wright
Simms

Fancy us for a boring 1-0 win

NorthernWisdom

It's a shame a lot of the smaller European leagues are going this way, some used to be half decent. I quite enjoy laughing at the Scottish league but only because its Scotland, its actually quite sad but basically anyone who's half decent is leaving these types of leagues pretty quickly these days.

Yeah, one of my earlier football memories was Steau winning the European Cup, and their keeper being invincible in the penalty shootout.

Hertsccfc

It's a squad game - there isn't a second string as such there are >11 players deemed good enough. There is no reason to play youth team players, they'll just manage player fatigue by rotation.
If there is any match not to start with youth players it is the Maidstone one. We need experienced heads to manage the tie from the start. If we are winning easily then maybe bring on some youngsters but definitely not from the start. It would be completely unfair on them and if Maidstone scored first we would panic if it's an inexperienced side.

Last edited:

Astute

I can Milan getting a rest on Saturday with Lats switching in and Eccles starting in the midfield. It may be the right time to give Kelly some minutes with Torp coming off the bench.

You can hear frustration in Robins and its because he feels the side even with injuries should be winning games. And i think he was disappointed we didn't get 1 or 2 in before the window closed to help spread the workload.
Maybe he is pissed off with constantly being asked the same questions and having to keep giving the same answers.

And of course he would have loved to have been able to bring in more players. What manager wouldn't ? But we're aiming for quality over quantity. Robins has spent over 20m in the last 6 months. Some seasons he's been lucky to have 200k to spend.

Some people need to have a bit of a reality check.

TomRad85

Yeah, one of my earlier football memories was Steau winning the European Cup, and their keeper being invincible in the penalty shootout.

Good old days when players weren't just collected by a small handful like football stickers.

oakey

When do suspensions kick in?
We have a few players amassing yellow cards. Comms said last night that was Thomas' fifth.

ccfc1234

Simple, Binks is the better player by a distance & I’m not saying Kitching should not play as you say he played okay yesterday.
I think the coaching team have improved Binks however given MR currently seems to play Kitching consistently over Binks, you are either aware of a non footballing reason MR does this or know more about football than the manager who sees them in training nearly every day?

slowpoke

Romanian football not the standard it was then! I'd assumed that was a move to a lower league team, not the top flight!
I would look again at Romanian standard of football, internationally they are pretty good. In the past they had one of my favourite ever number 10s up there with Pele, Maradonna
The second goal which was down Van Ewijk’s side and deflected in? What would Binks have done?
He would have taken it of the Plymouth player running through.

skybluecam

I would look again at Romanian standard of football, internationally they are pretty good. In the past they had one of my favourite ever number 10s up there with Pele, Maradonna
They've not qualified for a world cup in over 25 years mate, they're shit

Your posts genuinely baffle me

Sky Blue Harry H

They've not qualified for a world cup in over 25 years mate, they're shit

Your posts genuinely baffle me

The player he's on about is now 59 (he was bloody good though) - but you're right, they are poor and only seem to produce one decent player every decade or so. Petrescu, Mutu the most recent who 'made it' - maybe one or two elsewhere in Europe ?

SlowerThanPlatt

The player he's on about is now 59 (he was bloody good though) - but you're right, they are poor and only seem to produce one decent player every decade or so. Petrescu, Mutu the most recent who 'made it' - maybe one or two elsewhere in Europe ?
Dragusin did well in Serie A and went to Spurs last window.

TomRad85

In the Petrescu years they had plenty of good players and of course also knocked England out of a major tournament.

TomRad85

You can find good players in all leagues, hence my point about good players leaving sooner are causing the leagues to turn to shit. Strange direction for the thread and odd that Slowpoke would mention the Romanian league specifically.

SlowerThanPlatt

He would have taken it of the Plymouth player running through.
The Plymouth player on the wing? Why would he be there?

slowpoke

I don't see how Binks is better than Kitch, Binks was terrible for the first 10 minutes again Millwall, lost every header and was at fault for their big chance. For me Binks is tidy on the ball, loves to ping a long ball but I'm not sure how much more he can or will develop.... let's see.
Did you go to the Millwall match ? your analysis is tripe. For a start who in the first 10 minutes was any good, Binks played central (centre-half) in the back line if he hadn’t been there we would have gone in at half-time more than 1-0 down imo.

Users who are viewing this thread