Stock take (1 Viewer)

Gosb

What a season it's been. A quick stock take before the excitement of the play-offs.
We have 6 more points than last season (1 win and 3 draws), scored 2 less goals but importantly conceded 13 less. Interesting that those 6 extra points were earned in the last 4 games of the season (2 last season, 8 this season).
The balance between home games and away games was similar with 1 of those extra 6 points being earned away from home.
The 'G-force' scored the same number of league goals (29) as last season but with Victor scoring 3 more. More firepower from Hamer with 6 more goals than last season and Allen with 5 more.
And, of course, we were undefeated against Luton, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Bring it on.

skybluetony176

Alot more competitive this year.

When you consider 12th places has a high number of points.
Couple that with needing at least 7 more points and superior goal difference to stay up this season than you did last. 25 points was the difference between playoffs and relegation this season, last season it was 38. In fact all 3 clubs at the bottom this season would have stayed up last season on their points tally. As you say, a lot more competitive this season

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What a season it's been. A quick stock take before the excitement of the play-offs.
We have 6 more points than last season (1 win and 3 draws), scored 2 less goals but importantly conceded 13 less. Interesting that those 6 extra points were earned in the last 4 games of the season (2 last season, 8 this season).
The balance between home games and away games was similar with 1 of those extra 6 points being earned away from home.
The 'G-force' scored the same number of league goals (29) as last season but with Victor scoring 3 more. More firepower from Hamer with 6 more goals than last season and Allen with 5 more.
And, of course, we were undefeated against Luton, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Bring it on.

The 'G-force' not heard that before. 🥴

Grendel

Couple that with needing at least 7 more points and superior goal difference to stay up this season than you did last. 25 points was the difference between playoffs and relegation this season, last season it was 38. In fact all 3 clubs at the bottom this season would have stayed up last season on their points tally. As you say, a lot more competitive this season

I think you’ve forgotten Derby and a massive points deduction last season and the 6 point deduction of reading last season

skybluetony176

I think you’ve forgotten Derby and a massive points deduction last season and the 6 point deduction of reading last season
I noticed you found my original reply amusing (simple things and all that) but if you think the points deduction is relevant then let’s consider points deductions. Reading were also deducted 6 points this season (or did you forget that?) and finished on 44 points, 3 more than they did last season when they weren’t relegated.

Oh, wait… I see what you were thinking now. You were thinking that I was being silly because if I’d considered the points deduction it would add more relevance to the point I was making. Makes sense now that you found my reply amusing. Cheers mate. It’s always nice when someone does you a favour. As I found out today not everyone appreciates it when you try to do them a favour so let me say thanks again. Cheers bud, you’ve done me a solid.

Users who are viewing this thread