Still no negotiations over a ricoh return! (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

Does it not seem like the council are biding their time waiting for something to happen?
What could that be?
Could they be hoping we will get promoted to strengthen their position in negotiations?
maybe they would try and out-wait SISU's new stadium alternative?
one season?
two seasons?
three seasons?

OMG!......

dongonzalos

It's SISU who are biding their time
It is well and truly in their court now.
Once they did not react to free rent.
What else can the council do if the Ricoh is not for sale?
Other then prove it is a sustainable business without the football club.

This is what SISU are waiting to see.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

ACL have put 3, that i can think off, rent offers on the table with no counter offer from Sisu.

the council have nothing to do with setting the rent. its pretty clear the freehold is not going to be available so Sisu need to make an offer for ACL to take over the leasehold and negotiate an extention to the lease at the same time. niether off which to anyones knowledge has been done or even discussed.

so the real question is. why are Sisu biding there time?

lapsed_skyblue

You imply that it is the council that is delaying any talks over the Ricoh, but can we assume that?

CCFC no longer has any legal connections to the Ricoh and has a repeatedly stated plan to build its own stadium in the Coventry area and not to deal with CCC.

If the Ricoh Is to be a viable business ACL can no longer hang around waiting to see whether CCFC will change their minds.

I would say that the onus is upon CCFC to make the running and finally state what they want by actually make a clear and unequivocal offer. Without that all other parties are entitled to take the new stadium plan, however questioned, as the way it will be.

torchomatic

I thought all sides had moved on? I'm not holding my breath for negotiation.

sky blue john

My understanding of the situation is that Sisu have stated they are willing to purchase the Ricoh freehold on the basis that the counsel are responsible for dissolving ACL.
Are yes and they only want to pay about 5 million for it !!!
Is that deal likely to happen ?

torchomatic

NOpe. I wonder if we will end up with a new stadium for CCFC and a new sports franchise installed in the Ricoh?

My understanding of the situation is that Sisu have stated they are willing to purchase the Ricoh freehold on the basis that the counsel are responsible for dissolving ACL.
Are yes and they only want to pay about 5 million for it !!!
Is that deal likely to happen ?

sky blue john

NOpe. I wonder if we will end up with a new stadium for CCFC and a new sports franchise installed in the Ricoh?

Maybe.
If that happens it could ease the chance of planning permission for a new stadium in Coventry. I couldn't see that the counsel would have any choice but to grant planning permission.

dongonzalos

Maybe.
If that happens it could ease the chance of planning permission for a new stadium in Coventry. I couldn't see that the counsel would have any choice but to grant planning permission.

If the council began talks with a new franchise and it seemed realistic, in my opinion SISU would be back within the month.

chiefdave

How would two stadiums impact on the value of the club (assuming they own the stadium) when SISU decide to sell. What if the bidders aren't interested in the new stadium and want to move us back to the Ricoh, wouldn't that mean SISU don't see any value from the new stadium when they sell?

grego_gee

How would two stadiums impact on the value of the club (assuming they own the stadium) when SISU decide to sell. What if the bidders aren't interested in the new stadium and want to move us back to the Ricoh, wouldn't that mean SISU don't see any value from the new stadium when they sell?

Good point!.....

but isn't that just situation that the Council are now in with the Ricoh?

lewys33

I dont honestly know what the next page in the book is. I don't think they will build a new stadium, but the stalemate for the Ricoh doesn't look like it is changing.

torchomatic

Not likely though is it? I would have thought any prospective owner would want some real estate.

Otis

The sensible thing to do here is to arrange a lease for this season at the Ricoh and enter into meaningful negotations to try and iron something out properly for the future, which benefits all sides.

magic82ball

The sensible thing to do here is to arrange a lease for this season at the Ricoh and enter into meaningful negotations to try and iron something out properly for the future, which benefits all sides.

When the hell did sensible ever come into anything. Sensible left a long long time ago. Replaced with vengefulness and rage.

italiahorse

I'd mothball the new one and move the team back into the Ricoh.

italiahorse

What public statements has Ann made about any possible sale of ACL?

I think she said that if anyone wants to discuss the purchasing of the Ricoh with some credible offer they can discuss.
Not that it's for sale though. Obviously credible discounts Sisu.

Rusty Trombone

I think she said that if anyone wants to discuss the purchasing of the Ricoh with some credible offer they can discuss.
Not that it's for sale though. Obviously credible discounts Sisu.

So the questions remains, what public statements has Ann made about any possible sale of ACL?

GaryPendrysEyes

The JR is probably delaying any potential action on the council side re the leasing of The Ricoh to another party. I don't think that delay is hurting them much financially or politically.
Sisu are holding a mess but may be financially bailed out to an extent by the Arsenal game and a sale or two.
So the war of attrition just continues longer.

An interesting point is the performance on the pitch and how that effects a potential sale to a new buyer. The potential is obvious, but the big money for Sisu remains in the Ricoh not on the football side. But there is a window of opportunity with the team doing well, that may not be there in a while if Sisu see the need to sell the best players...

Gary.j

Yh I was thinking that as well actually seeing as SISU wants it liquidated.

Didn't they say (whatever that's worth) that they would bring in AEG to manage the stadium, therefore the future probably wouldn't look to bright for current employees/contractors.

skyblueinBaku

I don't think Sisu/Otium understand the term 'meaningful negotiations'.

chiefdave

Didn't they say (whatever that's worth) that they would bring in AEG to manage the stadium, therefore the future probably wouldn't look to bright for current employees/contractors.

AEG don't really operate in that sector in the UK so chances of if AEG were to take over management of the stadium they would take on most, if not all, the ACL employees. ACL and AEG work together at the moment and from what I've been told by those I work with at AEG they consider the team at the Ricoh to be one of the best in the country.

The Reverend Skyblue

Torch I said this many months ago that this will happen, whether a rugby league franchise or my favoured bet an American football franchise that will host NFL games 4/5 matches a season. I know they need more than that but I can see one day a British Grid iron team playing in the NFL in the coming years as the demand is definitely here for it and the Ricoh is slap bang in the middle of the country.

If not the rugby league franchise or say the Wasps locating permantly at the Ricoh as I think they once played at Reading for a few seasons I think, though I stand to be corrected, it could have been the London Irish who I am thinking of but they soon could become the Midland Irish, and also did'nt London welsh play at Oxford last year in the Prem as their ground wasn't up to grade, and I know they are top of league 1 this season, so they will be looking at finding another ground if they go back up to meet grading issues

Just my thoughts and shows options are out there if you have a facility like the Ricoh empty and looking for business

Users who are viewing this thread