Stewards (1 Viewer)

ccfcmad1

According to a article on cov mad the stewards are refuseing to work anywhere other than the Ricoh, Good on them!

mattylad

yes apparently they were all asked to sign up last night to confirm that they would steward at a different ground and refused on mass.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Throughout this whole saga, the worst thing about it is feeling powerless. I've emailed the football league, signed petitions etc but so far feels like no difference has been made.
Seeing those who may have some power do something about it is pleasing to see.

SonofErnie

yes apparently they were all asked to sign up last night to confirm that they would steward at a different ground and refused on mass.

How can they sign up to steward elsewhere when they don't know where that ground is ? Personal circumstances will dictate that some existing stewards won't be able to get to the ground share location.

wingy

Throughout this whole saga, the worst thing about it is feeling powerless. I've emailed the football league, signed petitions etc but so far feels like no difference has been made.
Seeing those who may have some power do something about it is pleasing to see.

I'm reckoning they will utilise others staff or recruit locally ,but I think these guys will be working come August.

LastGarrison

Let's be honest it wouldn't be too hard to replace the stewards.

I would imagine quite a few of the stewards at whichever ground we go to would be happy to work every week rather than every other week.

jesus-wept

A good tactic, a better one would be to sign, turn up at ?? and walk off the job. That could result in the game not proceeding, however i have been a steward and there are some spineless twots there i can assure you and some of the so-called senior stewards are right cretins.

Fair play to the Stewards, but whichever ground they find will already have stewards who work at the other teams home games, they will just use them or an agency.

letsallsingtogether

only need about 6 after all won't be mass crowds they could just use those wankers the rapid response team after all they have the same temperament as our owners :slap:

Matty_CCFC

Why would they need our Stewards?
They have there own, or employ local unemployed (about 6 of them).
Be more away fans that City fans at most games when we play at home.

johnamcp

Why would they need our Stewards?They have there own, or employ local unemployed (about 6 of them). Be more away fans that City fans at most games when we play at home.

Because nene park has no stewards!!!! Why do you think they were asked.... Groundsharing is a smoke screen.... Were just gonna rent nene park its empty!!!

SonOfSnoz

Stewards can easily be hired on matchdays. A lot of the permanant staff left the club once we dropped into league One.

Steve.B50

A good tactic, a better one would be to sign, turn up at ?? and walk off the job. That could result in the game not proceeding, however i have been a steward and there are some spineless twots there i can assure you and some of the so-called senior stewards are right cretins.

Like your thinking.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd like to see the stewards form a picket line outside ****** (insert ground name). No-one gets in, no game!

Users who are viewing this thread