Stewards at Reading (1 Viewer)

jan87

I was told on arrival at reading this afternoon that I could sit anywhere. Bearing in mind that there 5 of us we could not find 5 seats together. I complained to the steward and asked who has given the authority for a free for all. he sent for the supervisor. Apparently at 1.30 someone decided that we could sit where we liked, at 2.00 this was decision was reversed. by this time it was too late. it was chaos. Officials blamed it on CCFC not asking for more tickets and that quite a number of fans wanted to pay on the gate Anyone else have a problem?

I was told on arrival at reading this afternoon that I could sit anywhere. Bearing in mind that there 5 of us we could not find 5 seats together. I complained to the steward and asked who has given the authority for a free for all. he sent for the supervisor. Apparently at 1.30 someone decided that we could sit where we liked, at 2.00 this was decision was reversed. by this time it was too late. it was chaos. Officials blamed it on CCFC not asking for more tickets and that quite a number of fans wanted to pay on the gate Anyone else have a problem?

Nobody was in my seat and to be fair if there was I would have asked them to move.

pusbccfc

I sat where wanted, would be nice if you could do that at the ricoh!

pusbccfc

Not like there aren't any spare seats to move to at the Ricoh :)

Exactly! I have a season ticket in block 15 and the same women checks my ticket everyweek yet she knows who i am!
Dont get it myself really!

Walking Bird

Exactly! I have a season ticket in block 15 and the same women checks my ticket everyweek yet she knows who i am!
Dont get it myself really!

They have a real hard on about people trying to get into block15 yet if i wanted to go from 15 to block 20ish where the seats are the most expensive there would be no problem. Very strange set up!

jan87

I did ask the people who were in our seats to move. They refused. How did this thread about the reading game up talking about block 15 at the Ricoh.

pusbccfc

I did ask the people who were in our seats to move. They refused. How did this thread about the reading game up talking about block 15 at the Ricoh.

We are talking about how at reading, the stewards didn't mind where fans decided to sit.
Whereas,
At the ricoh the stewards are very strict on where fans decide to sit in and around block 15.

cornoccfc

They have a real hard on about people trying to get into block15 yet if i wanted to go from 15 to block 20ish where the seats are the most expensive there would be no problem. Very strange set up!

That all started when there was trouble up there after a game, back when the away fans were much closer I think

Changeyourface

You seriously asked them to move? Have you never been to an away game before? Everyoe buys a ticket with no choice of where it's going to be, you get there and go wherever the fuck you want, normally standers at the back and sometimes front and sitters in the middle. I'm still in disbelief at the ignorance of this post, go buy tickets for a nice panto.

CUS Wyken

We arrived at kick off and stewards were flapping because they had no space left and had to open an extra part.

What was the craic with the sign? I seen the stewards bringing it down start of second half. What was it?

jan87

changeyourface

How dare you make comments about me like that. For your information I travel all over the country supporting Cov despite the fact that I live in Hampshire. I buy my tickets on-line, I choose where I want to sit. The only time it hasn't worked was yesterday. I had wanted to join this forum for ages but was always appalled how threads turned personal. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered

Changeyourface

How dare you make comments about me like that. For your information I travel all over the country supporting Cov despite the fact that I live in Hampshire. I buy my tickets on-line, I choose where I want to sit. The only time it hasn't worked was yesterday. I had wanted to join this forum for ages but was always appalled how threads turned personal. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered

Grow a thicker skin and stop sobbing when someone disagrees with you then.

jan87

changeourface

What exactly are we disagreeing about. I made a comment based on my experience yesterday at reading. You replied by telling me to buy panto tickets. What is that all about?

Changeyourface

What exactly are we disagreeing about. I made a comment based on my experience yesterday at reading. You replied by telling me to buy panto tickets. What is that all about?

I think you'd enjoy the panto. There's no disgraceful people who just sit where they like there. Just trying to help.

johnwillomagic

I got a letter pre-game stating something like ticket may have no bearing to where you actually sit?

When I got to game was told I could sit where I liked so no problems or anything different then what I expected to be honest.

If people told they can sit where they like cannot really expect people to move. Sitting where you like is not uncommon for away games if you were that bothered about it would have suggested getting to seats for game earlier than bang on kick off tbh.

I understand your frustation in a way but stewards not to blame and think most people knew in advance you were not guaranteed your exact seat allocated?

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the south stand and thought it was a great day bar the football on the pitch!

jan87

I got a letter pre-game stating something like ticket may have no bearing to where you actually sit?

When I got to game was told I could sit where I liked so no problems or anything different then what I expected to be honest.

If people told they can sit where they like cannot really expect people to move. Sitting where you like is not uncommon for away games if you were that bothered about it would have suggested getting to seats for game earlier than bang on kick off tbh.

I understand your frustation in a way but stewards not to blame and think most people knew in advance you were not guaranteed your exact seat allocated?

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the south stand and thought it was a great day bar the football on the pitch![

Who was the letter from? I was not late in arriving at the match

100 miles from Cov.

Unless we are likely to sell out an away allocation it is get in earlier if you want to sit in a specific area. I turned up right on kick off and saw where the space was so went there. No bother, no moaning, no problem.

jan87

I started this thread to see if any anyone else had a problem with their seats yesterday. Why can't the users of this forum keep to the original subject

Users who are viewing this thread