Stevenage Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

This team is not a team of winners. They appear to have zero confidence and don't believe that they can win games. The next manager will need to be a miracle worker to turn this pathetic mindset around. It doesn't seem to matter who the players are they all appear to get infected with it. No coincidence that our best player, McGoldrick, is our newest recruit.

Marty

The legacy of richardson, mcginnity, sisu, constant sacking of managers, selling good players for a quick buck, fans not turning up week after week. You cant just blame.sisu.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't blame the constant sacking, we have many times employed the wrong man and they were rightfully sacked, the thing that annoys me is the sacking of good managers after a poor spell, Nilsson should never have been sacked and then Black too.

Brighton Sky Blue

The legacy of richardson, mcginnity, sisu, constant sacking of managers, selling good players for a quick buck, fans not turning up week after week. You cant just blame.sisu.

I'm not exclusively putting SISU at fault-but their 5 year tenure has taken things down to levels where we're transforming into the kind of club we currently belittle. It was hard watching last season, but games like this make you wonder how much longer the club can continue. Very sad to see.

InterSkyBlues

You both must be made of sterner stuff.

Not really. But the point is that playing in a septic environment like Ricoh plays into the hands of the away team. The fans are making this worse yet we have a chance to make it better. The players get ridiculed and derided week in week out. Nice support, not.......

torchomatic

Agree, BSB. But they've brought in 10 players, bowed to fans wishes and got rid of Thorn. Bowed again and given Shaw a go. Fans ain't turning up, we have no money....

why didnt we appoint a boss in the summer. it seems thorn has wasted the whole budget on shaw as a coach and 7 players that all look useless. no manager is gonna be able to turn around this shocking team

torchomatic

torchomatic

The callers to CWR will get really confused. We don't have a manager to blame...

Otis

That was just disgraceful.

Looking for an equaliser, McGoldrick has the ball in a good position on the wide left, hits a ball into their box and there are about 7 Stevenage players in there and just two City forwards.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been watching via "stream". I've switched off. Disgusted!

WillieStanley

Well, I'm going to call the CWR. Aptly informed as I've listened to one half on the radio. I've never felt more part of the action!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, BSB. But they've brought in 10 players, bowed to fans wishes and got rid of Thorn. Bowed again and given Shaw a go. Fans ain't turning up, we have no money....

Then again SISU are also those who deemed a skeleton crew of academy players headed by a managerial rookie sufficient for Championship status. They then proceeded to give him free rein to sign as many freebies as he pleased, then dismissed him 3 league games into the season, putting another rookie in temporary charge. God knows who would still want the position.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Just don't see this group of players scrapping for results at all this season. They are gutless. I desperately hope I'm proven wrong but on this evidence it could be League 2 next season.

TommyZoom

Did Baker honestly play the full 90 minutes in that game? Different manager and still unaware as to when to pull someone off who was awful.

torchomatic

myths dispelled:

1. Thorn is the problem
2. Give Shaw and Carsley a go, they used to play for us, would have the passion, etc

I think SISU need to rethink keeping them on, to be honest. Finances or not.

Brighton Sky Blue

myths dispelled:

1. Thorn is the problem
2. Give Shaw and Carsley a go, they used to play for us, would have the passion, etc

I think SISU need to rethink keeping them on, to be honest. Finances or not.

Disagree with 1-Thorn's poor management will take major shaking off.

Users who are viewing this thread