Stevenage Match Thread (1 Viewer)

nicksig

Should have done much better. Looked good going forward and very disorganized at the back. We should have been out of sight after half an hour. Two perfectly good goals ruled out and the performance undone by some really slopping defending

The Penguin

Perhaps Barton shouldn't have been rushed back? I'm sure he's a better player than this but he does look off the pace.

Don't think Kilbane has been terrible but he doesn't really impose himself on the match like I think he should (though he did impose himself on someone's shin.)

The game is definitely there to be won though. If we're good enough.

The Penguin

Should have done much better. Looked good going forward and very disorganized at the back. We should have been out of sight after half an hour. Two perfectly good goals ruled out and the performance undone by some really slopping defending

The first ruled out goal I can understand (even if I disagree with the decision). Goalkeepers are a protected species these days; any contact (even perceived contact) is whistled.

The second one, though.....well, you see those paid frequently, though it was marginal.

fernandopartridge

That was poor. We look very vulnerable and Shaw is just another Andy Thorn. I can't see us getting anything at this stage, the way the game is going.

The midfield to a man have been woeful, Jennings completely anonymous and Baker has the brain of a goldfish with a lower than average IQ.

WillieStanley

Managed to get back into my office, just in time for the half-time drivel. I expect to know a lot more than any of you lot who are actually there or watching it on Sky as obviously the Radio tells you exactly how it is, better than your eyes. :whistle:

ccfc92

You can tell we are watching Cov on Sky Sports, 2 good goals disallowed, a questionable goal awarded for the away team.... :facepalm:

mark82

I like Karl Robinson. Says our disallowed goal was onside and theirs should have been disallowed for the guy offside stood right next to the keeper. Seeing it again he has a point.

aodea

I think overall good half from us need to be aware of the break. There goal shud not have stood how can someone be not interfering when he jumps over the ball. Our goal shud have stood. I think we will win. Played tidy stuff at times elleiot and McGoldrick look like a handful. All the midfield need t step it up a little.

Jennings s very quiet scraps well but want some more from him barton needs to be more composed on the ball and Kilbane and baker have been a bit quiet.

Come on COV

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Haven't seen us play so far this year so intitial thoughts.

Barton looks absolutely terrible. Gangly, constantly giving away the ball, gets knocked off the ball too easily. Looks like a candidate for an alltime nightmare XI on this evidence. Is he always this bad? I'd expected much more from him.

Defence in general all at sea as per usual. We always look likely to conceed when put under pressure. We fold like a pack of cards. Not impressed with the Edge.

Jennings at least puts himself about and seems to be trying but looks limited in terms of ability.

Baker as per usual is trying but is an individual not a team player.

McGoldrick looks class and easily our best player. Not sure how we managed to get him.

Should bring Cody on now for Elliott who looks off the pace.

Thing most disturbing is the complete lack of confidence. Players look paralysed by fear. If this is an accurate demonstration of our ability we will struggle to finish top half this season and could even struggle to stay up as we don't appear to have the confidence to win games. All in all quite worrying.

corky

Just looking at a magnificent empty stadium,it really makes me mad to see what is happening to my club.But I live in hope..

Brighton Sky Blue

We look like conceding each time Stevenage make an attack. The back 4 looks an incohesive mess and is totally there for taking; we're actually looking decent going forward and we've been unlucky with the disallowed goals, but we need at least another 2 or 3 because of how brittle the defence is.

The CableGuy

Barton is having a nightmare, bring him off at HT. We looked great for first 20, conceded from a very soft tackle on Barton and then have looked nervous and poor since. Stevenage are a terrible terrible team.

That's why they're unbeaten before today, yeah? :thinking about:

Love the way people label teams as crap, terrible, rubbish - yet most of the teams in this League are currently above us! Funny that.

InterSkyBlues

Gods some of you lot are depressing and happy to wade in doom and gloom. They're not playing badly, they are actually playing alright, we could be playing better at dealing with the counter attack but we have had a number of good chances and two disallowed goals. Kilbane, wood and baker are playing ok, not sure about Barton as looks a little off the pace but he's done nout wrong.

Would lovetosee some praise and positivity on here for a change. There's at least 6 players out there who are playing really well. Gold, Elliot, Jennings, edge, hussey, and in my view kilbane. Let's talk about the good for a change and not just the bad, particularly when it's not even bad....

Marty

Haven't seen us play so far this year so intitial thoughts.

Barton looks absolutely terrible. Gangly, constantly giving away the ball, gets knocked off the ball too easily. Looks like a candidate for an alltime nightmare XI on this evidence. Is he always this bad? I'd expected much more from him.

Defence in general all at sea as per usual. We always look likely to conceed when put under pressure. We fold like a pack of cards. Not impressed with the Edge.

Jennings at least puts himself about and seems to be trying but looks limited in terms of ability.

Baker as per usual is trying but is an individual not a team player.

McGoldrick looks class and easily our best player. Not sure how we managed to get him.

Should bring Cody on now for Elliott who looks off the pace.

Thing most disturbing is the complete lack of confidence. Players look paralysed by fear. If this is an accurate demonstration of our ability we will struggle to finish top half this season and could even struggle to stay up as we don't appear to have the confidence to win games. All in all quite worrying.

I think hes very good, hes one of those types of players who needs smart/better players playing around him. Hes one of the few who I think would be able to make a step up to the championship.

WillieStanley

Can't comment on today but the three games I've seen him play, he's looked great for two and pretty shocking for one. I'm guessing it's confidence after that horrific injury

Astute

What is wrong with you lot?

on top 1st half. Both disallowed goals could have been given. Calling Murphy at fault for rebound off the post :facepalm: we have been the best. Roll of the dice not with us. If we play like this for the rest of the season we will go up.

skybluedude

Our defence seems too high up the pitch, they play a ball over the top and we can't match the pace of the Stevenage strikers.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Gods some of you lot are depressing and happy to wade in doom and gloom. They're not playing badly, they are actually playing alright, we could be playing better at dealing with the counter attack but we have had a number of good chances and two disallowed goals. Kilbane, wood and baker are playing ok, not sure about Barton as looks a little off the pace but he's done nout wrong.

Would lovetosee some praise and positivity on here for a change. There's at least 6 players out there who are playing really well. Gold, Elliot, Jennings, edge, hussey, and in my view kilbane. Let's talk about the good for a change and not just the bad, particularly when it's not even bad....

You might see some positivity when we are not struggling to beat the likes of Stevenage at home and losing to Crewe Alexandra away. Until we start bossing it against these clubs who are a quarter of the size of us then I'm afraid I'm not going to be positive as that would be defeatist.

WillieStanley

You might see some positivity when we are not struggling to beat the likes of Stevenage at home and losing to Crewe Alexandra away. Until we start bossing it against these clubs who are a quarter of the size of us then I'm afraid I'm not going to be positive as that would be defeatist.

We're not going to "boss it" against these clubs. This is a long, hard and tough season.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

We're not going to "boss it" against these clubs. This is a long, hard and tough season.

Perhaps not but the idea that we should be nervous about playing Stevenage at home is ridiculous. I like the attitude of the Stevenage manager (saying his players should feel aggrieved about every match they lose). We could do with someone with that sort of demanding attitude here.

Users who are viewing this thread