Match Thread Stevenage - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Maycock does everything like he is defending a goal line. Such a heavy touch all the time, instinct to clear it.

Grendel

Burge flaps another. Ref generous enough to give a foul. Didn’t look like one

Geoff foster praising his incredible bravery

Nick

Administrator
If he has put Ponticlli on, he needs to be playing off Biamou and making runs in behind.

matesx

Frankly I think we are doing well to be in the top 6, very solid defence but bang average elsewhere on the pitch.

Grendel

"That's better": Cov fan delights in player playing badly.

Grow up. Why are you in this thread? Keep on the Wasps thread denying they are whoring free tickets around

Otis

What on earth do we do on Saturday though? We have to assume Jones and Kelly are out.

Nazon will come back in for sure. I guess Stevenson would seem the obvious choice for the vacant midfield slot, but he's hardly been knocking on the door for a starting place.

Jones is the bigger loss. The one player with the ability to change a game and take players on.

Could be a big, big blow. :(

Liquid Gold

If there is any silver lining in Jones and Kelly being injured then it might be Robins having to rethink the system.

pusbccfc

Walking away very frustrated. Stevenage were poor. The moment Jones went off we panicked. Players don't seem to have any confidence in Vincenti one bit.

Incredibly worrying seeing us without Jones and Nazon. We offered nothing once he went off.

Hard not to worry.

covcity4life

Injuries arw key. We need Kelly and jones back asap

Least shipley looks good. Not same player i saw vs newpprt earlier in season

Mcnulty too was lively.

Nees to win saturday now to get on a consisent run

Sick Boy

Not a bad result tonight considering we were hanging on most of the game. Injuries didn’t help, let’s hope nothing serious.

Wouldn't say we were hanging on, they were pretty poor. After the goal we seem to sit back and go off the boil and Jones going off was a major blow.

Johnnythespider

What on earth do we do on Saturday though? We have to assume Jones and Kelly are out.

Nazon will come back in for sure. I guess Stevenson would seem the obvious choice for the vacant midfield slot, but he's hardly been knocking on the door for a starting place.

Jones is the bigger loss. The one player with the ability to change a game and take players on.

Could be a big, big blow. :(
Nazon or McNulty on the right maybe move Shipley in alongside Doyle and play Haynes in front of Stokes, other than that I'm struggling.
Or we get lucky and the injuries aren't too bad and they are both back.

Sick Boy

Walking away very frustrated. Stevenage were poor. The moment Jones went off we panicked. Players don't seem to have any confidence in Vincenti one bit.

Incredibly worrying seeing us without Jones and Nazon. We offered nothing once he went off.

Hard not to worry.

I don't feel overly worried but it is a concern. I like McNulty as a player and don't get the stick he receives. Vincenti is not really doing it though.

Esoterica

Solid point. The disappointment of not taking all 3 points tempered by the loss of Kelly and Jones. Pleased McNulty got another goal and that Biamou played well. Still have a feeling we don't know how we're supposed to score in that set up. Biamou isolated for the 2nd game running. Whenever I've seen Maycock I'm always left wondering what he is - doesn't seem like a defensive midfielder or to have much attacking impetus either.

Users who are viewing this thread