Steven Pressley ? (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Sorry but he is becoming no better than that arsehole Steve Waggott regarding players, saying things like "we have made offers" and awaiting responses. As his number one goalkeeper leaves, a player who has missed one match in three years, played with and through injuries for the cause and a tremendous shot stopper, has his faults but basically a decent experienced 'keeper. Pressley doesn't know how good his replacement will be so there's another position to worry about. Sorry but I get the feeling Pressley is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds and should be far more outspoken regarding the dismantling of his squad by Waggott.

What do you want him to say?

"Waggott has not got a clue?" What???

PUSB

Skyblueweeman

Did you just defend Thorns transfer record? Prepare for incoming Grendel.

Clarke came in January.

No, I'm not defending anyones record...just saying that if you look at our incoming transfers, regardless of WHEN they came in or WHO brought them in, we have signed good players and we have signed bad players. That's all.

RE: Clarke, you're correct. Fair point....but AGAIN, my point still stands, we will continue to bring in players, both good and bad.

To go back to basics, my posts have been aimed at those who say or insinuate that SISU/CCFC never do anything in the market or support their manager (such as post #3)

In fact, take a look at this link...http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=621&teamTabs=transfers It shows all our transfer activity by season. Yes players have gone out (more than what's come in probably, can't be arsed to count) but players have come in. Some of the players that have come in whilst SISU have been here, have been great.

We're a mid-table, 3rd tier club due to previous owners/current incumbents and we're cutting out cloth accordingly. Had we be doing that in the 90's, I dare to say that this forum would've been a much different place since it's inception. Anyway, I digress...check out that link...nothing I say is opinion, all factually on there.

WM

J

Jack Griffin

No, I'm not defending anyones record...just saying that if you look at our incoming transfers, regardless of WHEN they came in or WHO brought them in, we have signed good players and we have signed bad players. That's all.

WM

Every manager signs some players that don't work for some reason or another. The managers who are better at it simply have a lower percentage of duds.
There are ways & means of improving your success rate, Wenger for instance has an extensive scouting network, of course such support requires money...

Hobo

He didn't agree with the loan market either.

Until we signed Prutton, Robinson, various strikers...

Not agreeing with it and utilising it are two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread