Steven Pressley (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Is a monster!

Needs all the support we can give him. Move us back to Coventry please!

His passion was magnificent

ccfclinney

Yes he's most passionate manager we have had for a long time. Need to sing his name more realise how much he is appreciated. We used to sing there's only one mark robins for about 20 minutes a game need to do this for pressley !!!

Covstu

Yes he's most passionate manager we have had for a long time. Need to sing his name more realise how much he is appreciated. We used to sing there's only one mark robins for about 20 minutes a game need to do this for pressley !!!

difficult to do when you have 1,000 fans at home!!

Macca

Has worked wonders. Has a winning mentality and bet he is secretly fuming that we dropped the points today

87mint

definitely a good strategy to play down how disappointed he is though. Watching his post-match interview it basically tells the players that he is so confident in their ability that a slip up like this is just that - a blip - and in the long run we will keep on winning far more than we lose. Particularly important for a young side like ours. PUSB

BrisbaneBronco

Best manager for god knows how long.
His interviews are inspiring and a pleasure to listen to.
Confident we will make play offs under his leadership.

Hobo

Refreshing to have a manager who is not reliant on the football cliche style of management. He is passionate about football and how he believes it should be played.

I also feel he there is some personal dissatisfaction from when he was a player at Coventry. He has a connection with the club and something to prove. I hope he is here for a long time, a minimum of 5-6 years. We need that sort of continuity to progress these young players.

Gint11

Loved it yesterday, Passionate, fiery, doesnt take no shit. Best manager we have had for years. Love how he comes onto the pitch after every game and salutes the fans. He will get a good reception at the dons match

ollyservetta

whats happening on the pitch seems very typical of a club in our position.no one player thinks he is more worthy than any other ,small squad ,up to each player to help others threw the ranks ,and a manager and coach working with what they have got and getting on with it .not making excuseses and whinging.top job being done by all playing staff ,sadly not by ccfc as a club and others we all know about .well done to all ,and thankyou sp for producing the most entertaining footie for years ,

adamdav68

My wife really looked at me very strange when I started singing there's only one Steven pressley at the tv yesterday, the most passionate we have had for years, the manager not the misses.

Kingokings204

The man is better than us and fits a similar mould to Karl Robinson at mk dons who I also like and he is always linked to championship clubs. mk dons will be a great match

SIR ERNIE

Yes he's passionate and committed but best of all he strikes me as a real leader. Someone who gets his message across clearly and gets young players believing in the cause.

Very impressive.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Against the backdrop of circumstance.. you cant be helped but be impressed. I was a little unsure at first.. and in the fullness of time we will know as time is the best judge.
It's not just the football that the team play- that everyone is impressed with- but the manner of the man and his conduct- he has a 'presence' I think. Never short in his mannerism, never egotistical in his delivery- humble and confident in equal measure. Long may it continue.. hopefully back where we belong.. in Coventry.

Grendel

Has worked wonders. Has a winning mentality and bet he is secretly fuming that we dropped the points today

He has worked wonders - shows you can win games with a young inexperienced squad - you just need to be a very good manager.

bringbackrattles

He was slated when he first came here but he just got on with the job and has worked wonders.
I hear Parkinson phoned him to apologise for his antics,bet he thought he'd get in Pressleys good books before they meet up again !

M&B Stand

He's done really well to galvanise the team on the pitch against the backdrop of the off the field problems.
He won't be getting too carried away, he know he's achieved nothing yet. He's also got a job on to get the lads heads up for Saturday after the hammer blow yesterday. The next two 'home' games are massive.

dongonzalos

To be fair though he did bring us some good times.
He always says the right things.
I just think when you replace better quality for poorer quality. You will naturally get a poorer product.
We lost Clarke, Wilson, Murphy, Christie, Moussa. Adams.
The wages to replace them will have been less.
The bloke has been asked to produce a better product with lower budget and bring through the kids at the same time.
If our model is to bring through kids and sell them on whilst breaking even. This will likely to be our level.
I am not fully sure SP is to blame.

Grendel

To be fair though he did bring us some good times.
He always says the right things.
I just think when you replace better quality for poorer quality. You will naturally get a poorer product.
We lost Clarke, Wilson, Murphy, Christie, Moussa. Adams.
The wages to replace them will have been less.
The bloke has been asked to produce a better product with lower budget and bring through the kids at the same time.
If our model is to bring through kids and sell them on whilst breaking even. This will likely to be our level.
I am not fully sure SP is to blame.

Other than Clarke all those players played from January last season. Take a long look at the results and come back to me.

ajsccfc

Surely you can reminisce by reading the threads without bumping them to highlight the revelation that people sometimes change their minds.

dongonzalos

Take your whining to the other bumped thread, please.
If it was a bar I would suggest if you don't like the drink go elsewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread