Steven pressley (1 Viewer)

percy

This could be a bit naive on my behalf but pressley has got to be one of the most positive people I've ever read about. Hes got a Cracking PMA and this can only be good for our young team in the predicament we are in.

Noggin

Positive mental attitude = the embargo is going to stop us signing anyone, we're going to have to make do with what we've got. thats ok, we've got a great bunch of lads and some young talent ready to be molded into great players, lets do this.

Delusion = we need 7 more players will have them in for the start of the season once the embargo is gone. Even though every other ccfc fan knew at least another 7 weeks of embargo.

covcity4life

hes the best possible manager we could have in this situation

he has long term plans, i just hope he gets to implement them

Noggin

hes the best possible manager we could have in this situation

he has long term plans, i just hope he gets to implement them

I don't think the best possible manager has a squad that is too small whilst keeping a sub squad of players he won't let near the squad. But thats the problem with delusion presumably he was told, we're selling off these players so no need to keep them with the squad and you can bring in a load more in a few weeks. Even though really it's obviously going to be extreamly difficult to offload players under contract being paid more than they are worth and it was going to be impossible to sign new players before the season started.

covcity4life

his use of the academy is what we need because of the small squad, its not hes told owners to not lift embargo is it???

the bomb squad is in principle 100% correct, they are all players we do not need long term,short term we coudl do with edge and malaga but obviously he expects tod raft CB in before septemeber so its valuable experience for willis/clarke in mean time.

Noggin

his use of the academy is what we need because of the small squad, its not hes told owners to not lift embargo is it???

Not sure what that has to do with what I wrote, there is no criticism for that from me.

the bomb squad is in principle 100% correct, they are all players we do not need long term,short term we coudl do with edge and malaga but obviously he expects tod raft CB in before septemeber so its valuable experience for willis/clarke in mean time.

the bomb squad in principle is not 100% it's ridiculous, one of the stupidest things I've seen from our club, we are still paying their expensive wages, we are less likely to offload them when they are being treated like this, without them being match fit and without them being in the shop window and whilst this is happening we are desperately short of players and are playing people who are worse in some positions than those players in the bomb squad.

Warwickhunt

Valuable experience? we are now -13 points on some in the league already another two losses and we will definately be relegated

deanocity3

the bomb squad in principle is not 100% it's ridiculous, one of the stupidest things I've seen from our club, we are still paying their expensive wages, we are less likely to offload them when they are being treated like this, without them being match fit and without them being in the shop window and whilst this is happening we are desperately short of players and are playing people who are worse in some positions than those players in the bomb squad.

I can't work that out either,unless there reg was in LTD

Porkchophill

I think in Presley we have the right man I said on here a few weeks ago that I got to see him managing at close quarters on the pre season tour and also spoke to him on a couple of occasions , he seems very switched on has a strategy ,but unfortunately cannot bring in the people he wants , the positive for me is he's not whining on about his hands being tied and getting caught up with the off field sh#t . And for me the people in the bomb squad mostly are there for good reason under performing and over paid
Lets hope he is given time and a fair crack at it because I dont see many more messiahs out there

Sterling Archer

Its always going to be difficult to judge Pressley in the current circumstances but after the awful first half, I thought welooked very good going forward in the second and it was just a defence made of kids and players out of position that was responsible for Crawleys winner.

I found more positives in the game than I thought I would. At 2-0 down, it really looked like were going to get slaughtered.

Porkchophill

Could of been a bit of stage fright first half, a lot of pressure on some young heads at least we never just rolled over

Wm65

Pressley is a yes man and will agree to whatever fisher tells him to do - a man with a spine would have walked out .

covcity4life

Valuable experience? we are now -13 points on some in the league already another two losses and we will definately be relegated

you realise that isn't even remotely true right?..........................right?

noggin - bomb squad is players not needed for sale, they have not specifically been told to not play but keep contracts running, lots of players from diff clubs train with reserves or whatever whilst they are being shipped around.

chiefdave

noggin - bomb squad is players not needed for sale, they have not specifically been told to not play but keep contracts running, lots of players from diff clubs train with reserves or whatever whilst they are being shipped around.

that's the difference tho isn't it. if they were getting their fitness checked and training with the reserves they would be there to be called on if needed. That's a whole different thing to telling them to stay away and go and train in the park and refusing to even consider them playing.

Is there really anyone who thinks with the options we have at centre back keeping Billy Edge around the squad wouldn't be a bad idea. We're already down to playing a kid and someone out of position, what happens if either of them picks up an injury?

covcity4life

as i said i agree we shoudl use the centrebacks, but in principle i agree with bomb squad, lets get rid of players we dont want,not dforce manager to use them.

Noggin

you realise that isn't even remotely true right?..........................right?

The players are needed as it stands though, the bomb squad makes no sense, it makes it less likely we will get the players off the books as we wish too who wants a player who can't even break into a squad full of kids as well as them being less able to slot straight into a new team due to fitness, if we do manage to get them off the books it likely makes it more expensive, it upsets and annoys them making them more likely to stand their ground and demand they don't lose a penny by leaving. There is no benefit to the bomb squad way and loads of downsides.

The only possible argument I can see for the bomb squad is if pressley is handing out amazing secret information at training and you don't want the people who you certainly plan to ship out to hear it, but this isn't formula 1, there is nothing super secret we need to hide so I can only conclude there is no good argument at all for the bomb squad.

Noggin

as i said i agree we shoudl use the centrebacks, but in principle i agree with bomb squad, lets get rid of players we dont want,not dforce manager to use them.

This is hugely flawed, you think we don't want these players thus bombsquad = good. these players are overpaid thus bombsquad = good. Neither of these things are solved by the bombsquad, in fact it hinders fixing those things and comes with the downside that we can't use the centre backs that we really need too.

You can be 100% for selling all of those players and still think the bomb squad is stupid.

kingharvest

The over reliance on the transfer market is one of the single most puzzling things about modern football for me. If you invested a fraction of what you spend on buying players into developing the best 'academy' in the area then you would be in a great position. Particularly a club with the potential supporter levels we have.

If Presley thinks its better for the rest of the squad ( as he's alluded to) by keeping them away then that's fine by me. It's easy to say they should be in there but none of us know what goes on in the dressing room. Perhaps we should trust his judgement.

covcity4life

This is hugely flawed, you think we don't want these players thus bombsquad = good. these players are overpaid thus bombsquad = good. Neither of these things are solved by the bombsquad, in fact it hinders fixing those things and comes with the downside that we can't use the centre backs that we really need too.

You can be 100% for selling all of those players and still think the bomb squad is stupid.

as i have said 3 times,i think we should use the centre backs,but for the rest they are not needed and thus there is no issue excluding them

shmmeee

I tend to agree, with one exception: that those players are such a negative force in the dressing room they need to be quarantined.

Can't see that being the case here though.

Noggin

as i have said 3 times,i think we should use the centre backs,but for the rest they are not needed and thus there is no issue excluding them

there is issues with excluding them and I have already explained them too you, there is also the case that the players if they were training with the squad could impress pressley and get back into his plans. Like the fact he brought Jordan Clark back and while you might think we don't need them now we very easily could with a couple of injuries especially if we lose baker and Leon Clark.

You know what's worse than having a player in your squad that you are paying twice what you think they are worth? having a player not in your squad that you are paying twice what you think they are worth.

Noggin

I tend to agree, with one exception: that those players are such a negative force in the dressing room they need to be quarantined.

Can't see that being the case here though.

good point well made, like you say though unlikely to be the case especially with so many players, if it had been just one or two that would have been a more likely scenario.

L

longjohnskyblue

Whilst I have no problem with a bomb squad in principle, and I definitely don't have a prob with lowering the wage bill, it seems utter madness to prevent these guys from playing if they are better than someone else in the squad. Sure they may wel be gone, but why not use what we can from them. If nothing else if they are playing their value might be increased!

To me it smacks of belligerance. Also bigging up the players after every game if it has an effect, but from the end of last season, pre-season, and the first game this is clearly not having any effect. All it does is shows a disconnect from SP and reality. If he continues to give post match BS, it wont be long before he starts to become a joke, and any goodwill shown him due to "unforseen" circumstances will be gone.

We deserve more than this SP - cut out the BS!

Porkchophill

I partly agree with what your saying but you have to also understand we have endured a lot of under performing players happy to sit back and take the money I like macca and believe he has the ability to play at this level but he was woeful last season therefore he has ability but no desire if all that comes from the bomb squad is the fact players now know that if they are not giving 100% they could be next then it serves a purpose no one has the right to free wheel through a contract

Noggin

I partly agree with what your saying but you have to also understand we have endured a lot of under performing players happy to sit back and take the money I like macca and believe he has the ability to play at this level but he was woeful last season therefore he has ability but no desire if all that comes from the bomb squad is the fact players now know that if they are not giving 100% they could be next then it serves a purpose no one has the right to free wheel through a contract

The bomb squad is the definition of free wheeling through a contract, they don't have to do anything for their money.

Porkchophill

What about the dynamics of the team I know for a fact macca was offered 6 months pay of his contract to leave he refused so he would rather sit around and seeit out if there is no fear for a player they will under perform David bell talented player injury prone , now of the wage bill

Users who are viewing this thread