steven pressley a favourite? (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

I vaguely remember his playing days. Would he be any good?

RoboCCFC90

Scored for us against Man Utd if I remember rightly... Although I think at this time is it a big jump in terms of managerial sense, we need someone who can come in and make an impact straight away, without tweeking much..

Pusb1

first managerial job currently at Falkirk. Relegated them. then has them sitting in midtable. farfar away from promotion in the scottish first division. when arguably they have one of the better squad in the league. were favourites for promotion an are one of the 'bigger names" (well relatively speaking) in that division

ajsccfc

I hope it's just that anyone who played for us once tends to get linked. I mean, Tim Sherwood? Seriously?

skyblue46

I personally dont want Pressley as like a previous post states was relegated with Falkirk last season and not exactly doing anything great this season sitting in mid table in Scottish Division 1?

We need someone who knows this league and the other teams well so we can hopefully get some very important wins in the coming weeks to keep us in the hunt for Play offs.

Curle took over from Notts County similar time last year when they were 12th and missed out on play offs only by goal difference. If he does get the job lets hope he can go one better with us.

Between Curle & Black for me to be next manager. I dont want Pressley or Sherwood or Dickov for that matter

Otis

Now go, cat, go,

You can do anything but lay off of my Sky Blue suede shoes! :whistle:

Gint11

What a hideous list of managers on the shortlist. What have we become.

Diehard Si

With the names of Curle and Dickov being banded around, I'd welcome him with open arms.

... and I've got no idea if he's any good or not

sky_blue_up_north

Who we want will not make any difference, how many of us saw Robins coming and let be honest he did a great job, and I personally would thank him for some real good times. As for Pressley he was shit as a player, but good players don't always make good managers and vice a versa. Whoever gets it has a tough task, number one to me is sorting the home form out.

Otis

They also asked him whereabouts he'd want to live if he got the job and he said in the ghetto, so they are now looking at properties in Wood End. .

That lad is such a hound dog, but then fools do rush in I suppose.

cloughie

Maybe, but it is true about Pressley coming down for an interview. Definitely been confirmed. He's staying overnight and the club have even booked him into the Heartbreak Hotel.

That'll be the the Ricoh then

torchomatic

Why not? Rather have him that some of the other names mentioned.

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Moscowskyblue

that he was a poor player in the premiership is one thing, he cited homesickness for leaving us in the mid nineties. He is unproven at any level of English football and indeed Scottish football so its a no from me.

Baginton

maybe how much shit Cov are in hasn't reach the Daily Record yet lol

Welcome Steven to our great club, with high hopes and bright future :whistle:

ajsccfc

I was in the corner of the east stand for that one, I remember seeing Pressley's goal. Bit of a game, that.

Users who are viewing this thread