Steve Waggott (1 Viewer)

Ibby

BLACKBURN Rovers have appointed Steve Waggott as the club's new chief executive.

Waggott has moved to Ewood Park from Southend United where he had been acting as a consultant.

Otis

BLACKBURN Rovers have appointed Steve Waggott as the club's new chief executive.

Waggott has moved to Ewood Park from Southend United where he had been acting as a consultant.

I notice it said 'acting' as a consultant.

CJ_covblaze

Loves a dodgy owner. Where next?

Skybluesince82

Much of what Pressley talked about in the Telegraph about transfers was down to SW. He was basically playing Football Manager with the club overseeing the transfers of crap players.
I remember lots of people on here bigging him up as ‘a football man’. He wasn’t, his background was teaching. He was no more a ‘football man’ than anyone on here.

Hobo

TBF when you consider all the appointments SISU have made he was the best of a bad lot. Not saying much I know but he’s probably the only one I don’t completely despise.

He probably to his credit had some empathy with the fans which is against the SISU grain. But his forays into the transfer market were a disaster.

oucho

TBF when you consider all the appointments SISU have made he was the best of a bad lot. Not saying much I know but he’s probably the only one I don’t completely despise.

Exactly. His two big calls were to bring Mowbray in and get us back to Cov. Both successes by the time he left but things went south when he left. Good lyck Steve.

Captain Dart

If they get Blackburn promotion then the Venky's are officially better owners than SISU.

skybluetony176

If they get Blackburn promotion then the Venky's are officially better owners than SISU.

That’s going to hurt some. Between the Venky’s and the Oystons they’ve always been some posters default position as to why SISU aren’t the worst owners in football. Both currently allowing clubs in their ownership to do better than SISU can manage.

If Blackburn get promoted under Mowbray that goes a long way to confirm how bad things are at the club and the negative effect this has on the first team players and staff. If the Venky’s can create an environment for success with a manager who failed here that’s very telling. Not that anyone needing telling anyway. It should already be more than obvious.

Nick

Administrator
That’s going to hurt some. Between the Venky’s and the Oystons they’ve always been some posters default position as to why SISU aren’t the worst owners in football. Both currently allowing clubs in their ownership to do better than SISU can manage.

If Blackburn get promoted under Mowbray that goes a long way to confirm how bad things are at the club and the negative effect this has on the first team players and staff. If the Venky’s can create an environment for success with a manager who failed here that’s very telling. Not that anyone needing telling anyway. It should already be more than obvious.

Who has said the Venkys are worse than SISU? I have seen it said about the Oystons a few times but can't remember seeing it about Blackburn.

covcity4life

funny now all talk is about venkys, pre season and first 10 games of season so many posters mentioned mowbray more than they did robins.....

Captain Dart

Who has said the Venkys are worse than SISU? I have seen it said about the Oystons a few times but can't remember seeing it about Blackburn.
Read some Blackburn forums and I'm sure you'll find an example.:emoji_sunglasses:

Nick

Administrator
There’s been others and on multiple threads. Not sure why you’re pretending otherwise.
As I said, who? You are obviously trying to prove a point. I'm just asking who has said it. (Other than marty years ago).

I can remember people saying it about oystons but genuinely can't remember it being a thing that sisu are better than Venkys. Even that thread it's one out of a few.

Users who are viewing this thread