Steve Taylor (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Steve Taylor joins up with new manager Mark Robins for third time as first-team coach
Coventry City Football Club have appointed Steve Taylor as the club's new first-team coach.

Taylor joins manager Mark Robins’ backroom staff, working alongside assistant manager Richard Shaw and under-21s coach Lee Carsley, who will continue to assist with first team duties.

The 42-year-old resumes his working relationship with Robins having worked with him at both Barnsley and Rotherham United.

Taylor's career in coaching began as a 20-year after his playing days were cut short at Derby County through injury.

He then joined the club's Academy coaching staff where he trained Carsley as a youngster before moving up to assistant manager under George Burley.

After 20 years’ coaching experience at the Rams, Taylor then moved on to Rotherham under Mark Robins before following him to Barnsley.*

Taylor is excited by the challenge at the club. He said: “I'm delighted to be here and the response we have had from the players so far has been fantastic.

“I've only had a couple of training sessions with the players but the tempo has been good and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

“I know Lee Carsley from when I coached him at Derby and Richard Shaw has been fantastic as has Steve Ogrizovic and I'm really looking forward to working with everybody.”

Development director Steve Waggott said: “Mark was keen to bring Steve to the club to support him alongside Richard, Lee and Steve Ogrizovic.

“We are delighted to welcome him aboard and I am sure the players will see the benefit of his experience.”

Otis

Does this spell the end of Shaw?

The end of someone for sure. Waggott and Fisher both said that we wouldn't be adding to our backroom staff and that the new manager would not be able to bring any in.

The only proviso to this must be that you can only bring in if someone is on the way out.

Shaw seems the most likely.

covcity4life

he says players have been fantastic but robbins says different

no need to be pally pally taylor,we know they are not pulling their weight!

ccfcway

eh ?

One is 1st team coach, and the other is "Assistant Manager"

Arent they differennt jobs ?

If anything, it looks like Carsley that has lost out in this one !

ccfctommy

Why? Do you honestly believe we only need one coach? Why would we sack Shaw when we have only just given him a job? Assistant manager and first team coach are two different things. Plenty of teams have them.

skyblueman

Why? Do you honestly believe we only need one coach? Why would we sack Shaw when we have only just given him a job? Assistant manager and first team coach are two different things. Plenty of teams have them.

Not saying I agree just think Robins will want his own men in their - clean sheet and all that - it's a great shame Shaw was dumped in that position for so many games - it has rather ruined his credibility and it's not easy having someone work for you that also went for the same job

torchomatic

Hopefully, the end of Shaw, Carsley AND Oggy. I really do think we need a completely fresh start. It's patently obvious, whatever the reason, that the players do not and did not respond to the backroom staff.

Does this spell the end of Shaw?

ajsccfc

I'm pleasantly surprised he's been allowed to bring in his own people (or more accurately person) already, I was expecting a 'you're stuck with what we've got' scenario.

RichieGunns

I'm glad Carsley has gone back to his under 21's role. He'll do good with Gregory Rioch. As for Shaw and Oggy, I'm not too sure where I stand on them. I think I'd like them to stay.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm glad Carsley has gone back to his under 21's role. He'll do good with Gregory Rioch. As for Shaw and Oggy, I'm not too sure where I stand on them. I think I'd like them to stay.
Carsley is doing the role he was doing at the start of the season. It is a development squad or something like that, basically a reserve team I think. He is still involved in an around the first team I think

Diehard Si

Know nothing about him myself but just read this

"@partridge1971: @JimGray75 @sirjase My mate works for Derby County, says Taylor's a quality coach, let's hope so!"

J

Jack Griffin

Steve Harrison was talked up too. He never exactly set the world alight.

However, Robins is wasting no time in changing things.... they all need a rocket up their arses that's for sure!

Nonleagueherewecome

Carsley is doing the role he was doing at the start of the season. It is a development squad or something like that, basically a reserve team I think. He is still involved in an around the first team I think

Yes, it's essentially reserve team manager, our reserve team being an U21 side. He hasn't been shunted sideways at all, he's doing the job he's meant to be doing rather than filling in with Shaw on a caretaker basis.

ajsccfc

Taylor had to retire stupidly early, so it's highly unlikely that whatever his position was will now dictate the type of coach he is.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Steve Taylor coached at the club for 20 years and the majority of there fans have no idea who he is., Jesus Christ and I though we had some thick fans

Users who are viewing this thread