Steve Phillips (1 Viewer)

willz121

There are a lot of threads on here where we are taking apart our team, and saying how we underperformed, but we're missing one massive fact... their goalkeeper had the game of his life last night!

Just off the top of my head there was a point blank save from Elliott early on, and then another decent effort from Elliott in the second half that he palmed away. Then that massive deflection, which on another day would've flown in, he managed to get a hand on. Every save he made saw the ball safe, whether it was him holding the ball, or pushing it away from danger.

On another day, we could've gone in at half time 3 or 4 up, but their goalkeeper has been brilliant, and if he didn't get man of the match, he never will!

Yes there are elements of the game where luck was against us, but I think it would be unfair not to highlight Phillips' performance!

covboy9

yep he had a great game, it as more about bad finishing than world class goalkeeping tho! Robins got it right and for me only Clarke let himself down, the players tried so hard to plaease the fans

RichieGunns

yep he had a great game, it as more about bad finishing than world class goalkeeping tho! Robins got it right and for me only Clarke let himself down, the players tried so hard to plaease the fans

Especially Baker!

Did you see his reaction after the 3rd goal?

He proper launched the ball at the ground in frustration as he was taking it back up to the half way line.

I just read another thread on their goalie and he apparantly text someone to say Crewe didn't deserve that win as we were all over them! At least he's honest!

Users who are viewing this thread