Steve Martin Referee (1 Viewer)

SAJ

Was no surprise West Brom got a penalty today you only have to look at Steve Martins record to see if he gets a chance he will give one against us.
What are the odds of this happening in the last 5 matches he has refs us.
Today, dubious penalty even Steve Bruce thought it was soft.
Sept 21 Luton 5-0 gives a penalty in the 3rd minute when the foul was 2 yards outside the box.
Mar 21 Luton 2-0 gives penalty against McFadzean and send him off for the ball hitting his shoulder.
Feb 21 Cov 2 Brentford 0 waves play on when Biamou is founded in the box only gives it as the linesman is frantically waving his flag.
Sept 20 gives dubious penalty against McFadzean as the QPR player is running out of the box.
In this time he has been the ref a total of 41 matches The Championship given a total of 10 penalties. Of which 50% have involved a City match. So if all the penalties he has given 40 are against 1 team yet that 1 team have only been involved in 12% of the games he had been involved.
Interesting Martin is from Staffordshire makes you wonder living so close does he have a vendetta against city. Think this could be more than a coincidence.

Evo1883

In the last 10 minutes or so including injury time ,he hardly had the whistle out his mouth , seemed desperate to give west brom something

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kilclines curly mullet

it was difficult to tell live if it was a pen or not.
the ref certainly gave them everything in the last 10mins and it appeared he couldn’t wait to point to the spot

SAJ

I’ve lost track of who’s on the wind up. If you were fixing a game I doubt you’d wait until the 96th minute
Not suggesting he was trying to fix any of these games just that he had a cognitive bias against Coventry. I doubt any referee can match these figures or anywhere near them.

Perryccfc

I can’t stand him. Seems so ignorant. I’m not one for players berating refs, but a couple of times yesterday players tried to talk to him and he didn’t even look at them. They demand respect but show absolutely none themselves. Much like Luton earlier this season, he couldn’t wait to give it. Whistle to mouth and started sprinting towards the spot before the player had even touched the ground.

Danceswithhorses

The co-commentator was just an awful bloke.
The ex-WBA football player was Andy Johnson.
Now i know there will be some bias...that's accepted, but having listened to 2 commentaries recently (Forest-Steve Sutton and now Andy Johnson-WBA), crikey they are literally watching a different game...all 50/50s become 80/20s.
In the WBA game they were even calling for the referee to be removed from the league list....that is until he gave them a last minute penalty :unsure:

slowpoke

It was a pen I thought . Will rewatch it. But clumsy from rose.
It was a tackle from behind which is a foul, very soft & the Albion player looking for it but Rose gave the ref a decision to make. Very poor official though.he must be on thin ice re staying on the EFL list, the two West Brom commentators were on his case most the match.

David O'Day

It was a tackle from behind which is a foul, very soft & the Albion player looking for it but Rose gave the ref a decision to make. Very poor official though.he must be on thin ice re staying on the EFL list, the two West Brom commentators were on his case most the match.
just because it is from behind doesn't make it a foul

Users who are viewing this thread